• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AutoTrickler V4

Pssssss get rid of those slow ass tricklers.....
1655498744858.jpeg

Experimentation is fun.

banner-e1517336577753.png

Primer tubes are the same size as the small trickle tube in the V4. Small primer tube with @jthor tip is proving to be pretty fast.
VHZScsbh.jpg

e7BHJKTh.jpg
What is the silver end piece used in the top picture? Did you have to do anything to the inside of the tube? Very interesting. Also love the red anodizing on your products. My cps is always looking sharp.

I suspect like everyone else's.

I unpacked a brand new FX120i and the V4. Put it together. Balanced and Calibrated the scale. Had to go in and unlock the units menu to add grains bc it only had grams as a unit. After I confirmed the settings from the V4 menu and ran a calibration for the powder, I tried to throw some charges but the scale drifted so much it wouldn't stay at zero long enough to initiate the autotrickler. The weight of the glass cup just cycled constantly. I would keep rezero'ing the scale but within seconds it would drift up to 0.23 grains. I tried unplugging other devices in the room.(climate controlled room, no drafts). Removing my watch and cell phone. Eventually I unplugged the serial port in the back and reinserted it. That somehow helped. Threw some charges but had to rezero every 3 or 4 charges. It's like the cup weighs something different almost every time I place it back on the scale. And it takes a couple of seconds for the scale to get back to zero when I put the empty cup on the scale. It will drift a little as the empty cup is standing. And drift into zero to start the autotrickler. Meanwhile my V2.5 is sitting 4 ft down the bench, plugged into the same electrical socket, silent and steady.
Is it possible to swap the scales between your v2.5 and v4? I wonder if there are significant variations between those units.

I have a v4 but it only seems to drift when left unattended for a bit; maybe 5 min or more.

I guess so. But what an ass pain. I halfway afraid the V4 will give my 3 yr old scale the aids. But I'll give it a shot
I don’t have that issue on my V4. The scale will drift after left on for a few hours will read .06 instead of zero. And my cup is weighing different from session to session. I’m able to use the scale I don’t like these inconsistencies

When I first got my V4 the scale was fine with glass cup and never drifted. After a month of using it the drift got really bad. To the point I had to zero it quite often to even get it to start throwing. This went on for about another month and then stopped and has been fine since. Not sure what that was all about and I wish I knew.

There is a grounding terminal near the center on the backplane of the scale.

If you don't have a conveniently located water pipe to attach a ground strap to, a 3-prong replacement power plug can be used, just attach it to the ground prong only.
I wonder if the grounding terminal at the back of the scale is for an external ground or if it is to attach to an anti-static wrist strap?

The new V4 and 120 have calmed down quite a bit over the last three days. Using an aluminum A419 cup seemed to help as well. I still got a situation where the scale just went bananas twice out of 20 throws. The weight of the cup just cycled non-stop. Like ridiculous numbers. And when I tried to rezero it I got something like "e 1" displayed. 🤷 Definitely not as plug and play as my V2 is. I ordered a grounding kit, it will be here tomorrow, I'll see if that does anything but again, my V2 operated for 3(?) years on the same bench without one.

The next issue is my phone app struggles to figure which Autotrickler to connect to. I bought the BT module for the V2 a year or two ago but rarely use the app. It's easier sometimes to just use "start" to set a charge weight. You can't do that with the V4 apparently. It's all controlled in the app and my app will offer both autotricklers but will always connect to the V2 regardless of which I select. So I have to unplug the V2 in order to use the V4. Ughh
Man, sucks. I can't wait for the Ingenuity Precision trickler to arrive. 😆😆

Mind sharing what kit you bought?
I took a small wire eyelet and stripped off the insulation and then attached it to the external ground on the scale. I then bought the following (Amazon link ahead)

Edit - looks like the Amazon link did not come through but you can find it if you look for

IUZIT Grounding Outlet Plug with Anti-static Wrist Strap and Grounding Wire​

The plan is to plug the scale in normally, then use the anti-static kit to connect the ground on the scale to my ground in the house (via alligator clip on the scale and then running the wire to the grounding plug). I went with something mobile and temporary because I don't have a dedicated bench, and for the price of 10 bucks if it fails it's no big loss.

All this talk about scale drift and the V4, isn't this a scale issue more than a V4 issue?

I occasionally see .02 drift but that's after "warm up" if I do. I don't leave mine plugged in all the time. I'm on a triple layer of 3/4 plywood bench top and no special grounding.

I bought mine through CE as a complete kit so scale was configured. With all this drift talk I turned it on last night zeroed it after about 5 minute warm up. Checked it 3 hrs later and still sitting on zero. It’s just plugged into the power strip that came with the bench. Fluorescent light overhead on. It’s never wandered during up to 200 rd at a time.

Wonder if the board shielding in the bottom of the V4 is causing Scale issues on some of these???

That phenomenon been documented by many. The aluminum cup is the way to go.
Has anyone offered an explanation. Maybe the shear weight? Seems odd but sounds like many have experienced it. I haven’t noticed but also don’t have the 419 to compare it to.

I bought mine through CE as a complete kit so scale was configured. With all this drift talk I turned it on last night zeroed it after about 5 minute warm up. Checked it 3 hrs later and still sitting on zero. It’s just plugged into the power strip that came with the bench. Fluorescent light overhead on. It’s never wandered during up to 200 rd at a time.

Wonder if the board shielding in the bottom of the V4 is causing Scale issues on some of these???
I have the aftermarket shield and glass OG cup but haven’t experienced the drift that I’ve noticed. I’ll start paying more attention to it.

I had some drift with the OG cup, but I now store old dryer sheets in the hopper/cup when not in use, and give the wind screens, platen, and cup a quick wipe before I cal/load. I see very little, if any drift now. I suspect any, I give a quick wipe and back at it.

Canceled my preorder today. I load w N570/RL33 99% of the time so sticking w my current setup.

Reactions: secondofangle2
Has anyone offered an explanation. Maybe the shear weight? Seems odd but sounds like many have experienced it. I haven’t noticed but also don’t have the 419 to compare it to.
I think some have theories but I don't know if anyone really knows other than perhaps static, it's very well documented though.

Reactions: db2000
Either I’m not that well versed, or I’m an outlier, but mine hasn’t experienced any of the drift issues and runs as I had hoped.

I have one of the earliest ones, no mods, just running the advanced settings it throws as fast as I seat a bullet and get ready for the next one.

I just thinking that the V4 could be the source of the increased static. My concern being the spinning parts generating more static. The V3 had fewer and smaller spinning parts. That said, I'm certain that someone one on this forum is a better engineer than I and could help figure this out. I really want to see a solid evaluation. I am not certain that this is a problem. I am really just asking.

I saw your earlier comment about this. I don't think this is the case. Wrong tree.

In my case I'm 90% it was the aftermarket powder spray guard

The acrylic clear tops sold by 419 and other companies have to be sprayed with Static Guard or they will cause drifting. I chased my tail around with this until I hose everything down with SG and the scale went back to normal. I keep a can next to the scale and spray everything down once a month or so.

Does anyone have a link to where I can buy one of those nice thick granite blocks for my A&D scale to sit on, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm looking for one of the heavy ones..

Does anyone have a link to where I can buy one of those nice thick granite blocks for my A&D scale to sit on, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm looking for one of the heavy ones..

An alternative is find someone in your area who does granite counter tops and get scrap cut outs from sinks.

An alternative is find someone in your area who does granite counter tops and get scrap cut outs from sinks.
Grizzly wants big bucks for shipping. If you have Amazon Prime you can get something similar for no shipping from them. I use the 12 x 9 x 3 for my V3 and it is just big enough.

Last edited: