• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AutoTrickler V4

I think if you have never had an auto tricklr before the v4 will be a the best thing since sliced bread for you. If you are wanting to upgrade from a V2 or a V3 I would not do it. I would buy the rotary trickler from ingenuity gun works to work with your existing V3. I wanted a second auto trickler and I could not buy a V3 anymore so I bought a V4. After I solved the static and drifting issue it has worked well for me. I also don't really get that tied up about how fast it drops a charge or the occasional overthrow. It's also important to me that I could use ball powder which I can't in my V2 so it is a welcome addition in the V4.

I personally think the overthrow issue is a little bit of a nothing burger. SDs don't always directly correlate to number of kernels in charge. I have noticed that if I take the time to pick out the occasional overthrow it doesn't yield in any better performance and a match or any tighter SDs.
What if I own a Chargemaster?

I converted from a charge master to a v4 and I could not be happier. It is faster that my chargemaster and my sd’s have gone down some. I am not shooting matches so a 15 sec drop is fine for me. Best $1,000 I have spent in a while. I use 4350, h4831, varget, aa#7, and others for calibers from 243 to 300 wby. The only issue I have had is the fine powder like aa#5 is a bitch to clean out because the fine power sticks to the large tube. I think as I use it more it will stop doing this.

I also want to thank everyone on this thread for so the tips and tricks. Once I got my speeds dialed in everything worked great. Calibrating the scale before each use helps. I also keep mine plugged up to a power conditioner and keep it on all the time.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
I placed my order 1/23/22 with CE and haven't heard a peep. Just fired off an email to CE to find out what's my order status is. Should be coming up soon.

Last edited:
I’ve been disappointed by this system since I bought it. I’ve emailed Adam, I’ve fucked with settings, I’ve recalibrated every use, I’ve bought tips. Why on earth did I pay this much money for a scale that CONSTANTLY overthrows 30+%. Are other people’s working??
30% over-throws? what scale are you using and is your response time fast? If you got an A&D scale with without the fast response, that is your culprit.

I would prefer you cancel, then I might get mine a little sooner. When did you order if you're paying the remainder this month?
Not paying this month, haven’t been invoiced, just anticipating based on the distribution schedule posted on autotrickler.com. I placed deposit Jan 15, sounds like invoice will arrive within a month. Looks like their keeping relatively true to their forecasted dates.

I have a V3 for sale with a bunch of accessories if interested PM me.

Got mine set up today. Tried it tonight loading 30 rounds of 223 for load testing. Five rounds each going up .3 gr at a time.

I had one over throw by .02 gr, which I dumped back and did again and it hit right on. It was quick enough that by the time I seated a bullet, the next was ready, or I was waiting for the last kernel or two.

Yes, it was only 22-24 grains, but it was plenty quick enough for me and hit almost perfect every time I was using N140.

I don’t have another AT to compare to, but so far this thing is as advertised and very pleased.

I used my V4 today and I am having a frustrating issue - I find that the zero drifts almost 0.06 - 0.10 around 50% of the time.

Sometimes it is +0.06 - 0.10 and other times it is -0.06 - 0.10. What is really troubling is that most of the time the scale wont start when the cup is placed on the scale if it has drifted as described, but, on at least one occasion it ran despite the drift being 0.14 when I placed the cup on the scale (I recorded this on my phone as well as a selection of over & under drifts).

Do I have a faulty scale?

There are no drafts, the scale is perfectly level, it is grounded via the ground connection connection at the rear, I ran the calibration 3 times after leaving it powered up for 30 minutes, I am using the 3D printed cover set that I picked up off here to ensure that scale is even less susceptible to drafts and so I can see any spilled kernels more easily.

The scale is just over a year old (purchased from CE) - looks like the warranty is 5 years on these.

Thoughts?

I used my V4 today and I am having a frustrating issue - I find that the zero drifts almost 0.06 - 0.10 around 50% of the time.

Sometimes it is +0.06 - 0.10 and other times it is -0.06 - 0.10. What is really troubling is that most of the time the scale wont start when the cup is placed on the scale if it has drifted as described, but, on at least one occasion it ran despite the drift being 0.14 when I placed the cup on the scale (I recorded this on my phone as well as a selection of over & under drifts).

There are no drafts, the scale is perfectly level, it is grounded via the ground connection connection at the rear, I ran the calibration 3 times after leaving it powered up for 30 minutes, I am using the 3D printed cover set that I picked up off here to ensure that scale is even less susceptible to drafts and so I can see any spilled kernels more easily.

The scale is just over a year old (purchased from CE) - looks like the warranty is 5 years on these.

Thoughts?
Call A and D customer service technical support and they will talk you through it. They are very helpful and will help you.

Thoughts?
Static. Wipe down the scale with a drier anti static sheet. Mine is grounded as well, but it will still build static. Recently had the same thing happen and it fixed the issue.

Reactions: Cardboard Assassin

Thoughts?
Probably static as mentioned above, but it could also be line noise.

Paul is having issues with the manufacturer cutting the discs. Something about materials. He has updated his delivery to August.
This is what I'm waiting for as well, can't wait to pair it up with my V3.. From the videos I've seen, these things are spot on, I wish I would have ordered 2 of them.

Reactions: NiteQwill
Paul is having issues with the manufacturer cutting the discs. Something about materials. He has updated his delivery to August.
I am surprised he hasn’t had an issue with Brand over a patent issue. It’s looks basically like a larger Promethius trickler

I am surprised he hasn’t had an issue with Brand over a patent issue. It’s looks basically like a larger Promethius trickler
Man, I hope not, at least not until I've secured at least 2 of them. Lol..

Patents are interesting beasts. I spoke with Paul pre-public release and the very distinct impression I got was he had someone advising him and the differences with his machine put him in the clear. In other words, he was not concerned about a patent issue. I guess that didn’t really surprise me because he is in the product development space already and has likely been through that kind of analysis and pre-production revision to steer clear of patent issues.

FWIW, I still believe the Ingenuity trickler is a must-have addition to the v2 or v3. It just works. I keep one with the ball powder disc and the other with the notched disc for Varget and H4350. If you want 42.2 grains of H4350 you just set the v3 for 42.21 and it gets 42.2 quickly and consistently. Adam developed a great product in the Autotrickler, and Paul’s replacement trickler made Adam’s product even better. (That sounds a lot like an old BASF commercial, “we don’t make a lot of the products you buy, we make a lot of the products you buy better.”)

Reactions: NiteQwill
It's the cover. That's what caused my issues. Remove the aftermarket 3D printed cover and just use what came in the original packaging

Gonna try the dryer sheet / static removal thing first and if that dont help this is my next stop.

I'd like to try to use the cover if possible as I do feel like it helps to shield any air thats moving in the room and it also helps stop any stray kennels that jump out of the cup from ending up on the weight scale measuring area.

UPS or power conditioner.

It is currently connected through a decent surge protector but a PWM UPS would be the ultimate way to do it. Using something like that would eliminate line noise.

Reloading really is a never ending rabbit hole to empty the pockets of all who partake.

Just remove the cover and see. If it doesn't change anything you can put it back on and go through the rigamarole of wiping everything down. If I'm right it's a night and day difference. It's an either or thing. Not a..but I can make it work thing.

I'll give it a whirl.

So how are folks protecting against line noise? Small UPS?
I use a Tripp Lite Isobar surge suppressor. It is not a full-on line conditioner, but it does have some line conditioning elements and bank isolation that seem to do the job for me. My precision scales simply won't hold zero without it.

The next step up is a true line conditioner, but so far I've gotten away without one.

Hey guys,

Have a v4 seems to be functioning pretty well from a powder throwing aspect so far. The disconcerting part is 2 out of 6 times attempting to load the V4 will not connect to blue tooth. No red light on bottom with the jumper or without. Went item by item in the manual trying to fix. Would not connect to my phone or my uncles as well.

After the first time this happened I gave up thinking I was going to have to contact Adam to discuss then the next day it magically connect no problem. Then now last night it did again. After work I’m going to see if it connects somehow. If it does still is a problem for sure.

Any help is appreciated. I also emailed Adam as well but sometimes I might get an answer quicker here.

Hey guys,

Have a v4 seems to be functioning pretty well from a powder throwing aspect so far. The disconcerting part is 2 out of 6 times attempting to load the V4 will not connect to blue tooth. No red light on bottom with the jumper or without. Went item by item in the manual trying to fix. Would not connect to my phone or my uncles as well.

After the first time this happened I gave up thinking I was going to have to contact Adam to discuss then the next day it magically connect no problem. Then now last night it did again. After work I’m going to see if it connects somehow. If it does still is a problem for sure.

Any help is appreciated. I also emailed Adam as well but sometimes I might get an answer quicker here.
I had this happen to my V3 last time I used it. I powered it completely off (scale and thrower) and after powering it back up it connected normally. I'd never had that happen before. Not sure it'll help in your situation, but thought I'd mention it in case it helps.

I had this happen to my V3 last time I used it. I powered it completely off (scale and thrower) and after powering it back up it connected normally. I'd never had that happen before. Not sure it'll help in your situation, but thought I'd mention it in case it helps.
Ya I mean definitely the first thing I tried was unplugging all cords etc. powered down as well with no unplugging. Thanks

ThNms

Hey guys,

Make sure your phone has location enabled. Not sure why this is required but it is.

Reactions: Raydee38
The Bluetooth module could be taking a shit, I would definitely call Adam and get this squared away rather than continuing to deal with the aggravation... If a power cycle don't fix it and you've tried multiple phones, you've done your part...

Reactions: Im2bent