• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Avoid Palmetto State Armory

Must be building rifles to resell. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Nope. Just going in boxes incase of future need. Kind of like food supply and water filters in case of EMP attack. Think of the guys who had the foresight to register a ton of FA receivers before the 1986 ban. Same concept here. I consider it insurance. It's only a matter of time before these things are banned. I'm taking the chance that what I own will be grandfathered in when that occurs.

Nope. Just going in boxes incase of future need. Kind of like food supply and water filters in case of EMP attack. Think of the guys who had the foresight to register a ton of FA receivers before the 1986 ban. Same concept here. I consider it insurance. It's only a matter of time before these things are banned. I'm taking the chance that what I own will be grandfathered in when that occurs.
This right here is why we can't have nice things.

Some jackass trying to make a buck hoarding all the supplies "just in case"

Yes, yes, free market blah blah blah

I am exercising free speech. Don't be a dick

This right here is why we can't have nice things.

Some jackass trying to make a buck hoarding all the supplies "just in case"

Yes, yes, free market blah blah blah

I am exercising free speech. Don't be a dick
No, not trying to make a buck. These aren't to sell. Just like my food supply and water filters aren't for sale. If they ever get banned, I have a lifetime supply of whatever I want to build. I also would be a non profit supply for all of my friends and family.

Edit. Key word here is "insurance," not "profit."

Usually someone dropping this kind of coin, if true, is potentially a great repeat customer

That depends on the business/market

In the retail firearms business, someone dropping $20K for multiple consumer-grade rifles/parts kits is a one and done customer

IMO , You should have checked a $20,000 dollar order a little more promptly.
I would also be bummed, but 30 days is a respectable amount of time to check.

I also would like to know what all you ordered ? That is a heck of a lot of parts.

Reactions: BCP
I need to check the expiration dates on all my firearms. I don’t know if I have a lifetime supply or not.

Depending on how prolific my sons are, I figure I'm out into the great grandchild generation or great-great grandchild generation.

Depends on how many are lost while out fishin'.

Reactions: jb0311
That guy who messed up your order at PSA? Yeah, he works at Carl's Jr now. How do I know? He just messed up my order in the drive-thru...

That same guy was working at Chic-Fil-A on Saturday night. Some Lactose Intolerant person was pissed when they got a spicy chicken sandwich with pepper jack cheese in their order instead of the plain chicken sandwich that was in my order...
They probably were craping like a goose for the rest of the night...

Last edited:
No, not trying to make a buck. These aren't to sell. Just like my food supply and water filters aren't for sale. If they ever get banned, I have a lifetime supply of whatever I want to build. I also would be a non profit supply for all of my friends and family.

Edit. Key word here is "insurance," not "profit."
Seriously dude what have you tried to resolve this? Have you gone up the ladder and tried making your case?

I can't dog them now, they're prioritizing shipment on orders from WA as our clown show senate fast tracks an "assault weapons" ban with an emergency clause so it becomes law the moment King Inslee signs it.

I also have to give props to PRI, ordered a Mod H upper Feb 3rd, lead time was 5-6 weeks, figured I'd have time. Then all of a sudden the bill flies through the state house, and already in the Dem heavy state senate. Called and told them it could be law by the end of the month and if I don't have it in hand by then I have to cancel my order. It was shipped the next day. I imagine they bumped mine up a little and I really appreciated that.

ALSO, if you can buy some parts for Aero Precision. They're based in WA and this bill will make it illegal for them to manuf, sell, distribute. They are 100% going out of business or leaving the state, for their sake I hope they can get to a free state intact.

I'd pass this along to save everyone else the hassle I went through.

I bought almost $20,000 worth of gear from PSA in the last few months. Now it took me a few months to get all of the gear together from other companies to start building these rifles.

When I opened all of the PSA boxed and inventoried what I have, 2 complete kits were missing. Additionally, 2 of the lower parts kits that were there, were also missing parts.

Now that isn't that bad by itself, because this was a large order and I'm an understanding person. What is bad is that they wouldn't replace the missing parts. I felt like they believed I was lying to scam some free parts or something. I tried to explain that this was only a little over $200 to them on a very large order and they explained to me that I needed to read the "policies" page. Since the order is older than 30 days, there is "nothing they can do."

There is, in fact, something they can do, they just choose not to.

Anywho, I wanted to post this to help others avoid the same experience. Open your package immediately or buy from someone else. I recommend the latter.
You waited 30 days to confirm a 20k delivery order?

Sorry but a lot of that is on YOU!
It's your responsibility to open up the packages within a reasonable time and let them know of any problems or shortages.
Most sellers all have a similar policy that any missing or damaged items must be reported to them within a limited time frame (almost uniformly 30 days or less).

Answer this:
Exactly how long had transpired from the time the packages were delivered until you contacted them about a shortage / missing items?

I don't think your attempt at slamming them on here as a new user is going to come out as you hope.
If you hope this is going to somehow blackmail them into doing what you want, it's probably going to blow up in your face.

Plenty of folks here have used them for years with good success.

The chances of folks trying to get free stuff or get free replacements for things that they messed up, go way up when such calls are months after delivery, we see it all the time. I'm not saying anything negative about you, but it is what it is and is why policies are in place.
In addition, it makes it much harder to track down and verify if anything was actually missing when you wait months.

Now what you might do is after taking lots of care to inspect the boxes and all the packing material and the folded flaps inside the box, is take everything out, lay it all out beside each box, take lots of pictures, and then see if you can't, very politely, very courteously ask if they can let you e-mail the details over to their customer service department and see if one of the supervisors can flag it for review & follow up.

This.

While I primary shoot KAC and LMT, I do have a 20 inch A4 Freedom upper that I dropped on a cmmg lower that I pull out from time to time and I think its great for the 600 bucks I have into the rifle with a RAS and Holoson.

With that being said, its sort of known that PSA is a bargain basement vendor and issues pop up from time to time and very rarely does PSA not address an issue. With that being said, I have no issues with them not addressing an order shortage from months ago.

Despite some of the QC issues that come up from time to time with PSA, I really like what they are doing, and will probably pick up an AK from them as after a couple years of teething, they have earned a solid reputation.

Meh

Full auto glocks are banned, and yet full auto back plates are a dime a dozen. Unless you live in a couple odd ball jurisdiction in NJ,CA,or NY, future bans are can be filed in same cabinet as a dog license.

Reactions: jb0311
I can't dog them now, they're prioritizing shipment on orders from WA as our clown show senate fast tracks an "assault weapons" ban with an emergency clause so it becomes law the moment King Inslee signs it.

I also have to give props to PRI, ordered a Mod H upper Feb 3rd, lead time was 5-6 weeks, figured I'd have time. Then all of a sudden the bill flies through the state house, and already in the Dem heavy state senate. Called and told them it could be law by the end of the month and if I don't have it in hand by then I have to cancel my order. It was shipped the next day. I imagine they bumped mine up a little and I really appreciated that.

ALSO, if you can buy some parts for Aero Precision. They're based in WA and this bill will make it illegal for them to manuf, sell, distribute. They are 100% going out of business or leaving the state, for their sake I hope they can get to a free state intact.

Thats awesome.

I think a lot of people overlook the dynamic that alot of these vendors are dealing with on a regular basis and more often than not, you can call up one of these vendors, let them know your issue, and they will probably take care of you.

Reactions: clark33 and jb0311

Sounds like it's time to move your tax dollars elsewhere.

Or setup a gallows to remind them they work for the people, they don't rule the people.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
count yourself lucky:)

their qc is legendary for being that bad
I would love to see the comparison of volume shipped, as compared to other manufacturers/outlets in the industry.

One thing has always remained absolute fact - regardless of business or company involved:
Deliver 1,000 orders perfectly and nobody knows a thing, and nobody says a thing.
Screw up one single order and everyone on the internet is alerted.
That's the world's reality.

I would love to see the comparison of volume shipped, as compared to other manufacturers/outlets in the industry.

One thing has always remained absolute fact - regardless of business or company involved:
Deliver 1,000 orders perfectly and nobody knows a thing, and nobody says a thing.
Screw up one single order and everyone on the internet is alerted.
That's the world's reality.
respectfully, you must be new to firearms or have your head in the sand. I say that jokingly and not being a dik:)

the first 10 threads, on any given day, on arfcom industry section is complaints or issues. There isn't a board or sub board anywhere that doesn't have a litany of complaints and/or issues with them.

they ARE that bad

• Haha
Reactions: MadDuner
Against my better judgement I ordered 10 freedom kits from PSA to slap together some cheap AR's to store on some Aero lowers I had picked up for like $40 a piece, I had previously had numerous issues with out of spec parts from them assembling rifles for friends that were too cheap to spend the money on decent stuff and I knew better. I went into machine mode just slapping them together in stages, got them all finished and ready for furniture and two of the kits they sent me two commercial tubes instead of milspec in the stock kits, but milspec stocks. No worky and I had already staked them. I went back and forth with them, first couple people promised me Magpul MOE since that was their cheapest commercial option. A few weeks later nothing showed up, I called back and was immediately forwarded to a manager who said tough shit, we're not sending you anything. Cocksuckers wouldn't even ship me out milspec tubes which I had paid for.

PSA is a shit company that makes shit products. Fuck them.

This actually happens to me all the time but it's mainly because I have so much money to spend I just don't care to check a $20k order for months on end. Last time I ordered $100k from Cheaper Than Dirt for my new Barrett PRS Creedmoor Operator Rifles that I personally build in my parents garage they shorted me 2 Quigley Ford scopes, 7 magpul magazine clips, and 4 Punisher AR lowers. Well I was furious... I immediately jumped on tacticaldouchebag.com and bashed the fuck outta those assholes to all my operator friends I play online with. What kinda company doesn't bend over and cater to a high end rifle builder like myself...? Assholes that's who, I spend my money elsewhere now but they probably lost the best rifle builder in the United States and I'm the one laughing now.

respectfully, you must be new to firearms or have your head in the sand. I say that jokingly and not being a dik:)

the first 10 threads, on any given day, on arfcom industry section is complaints or issues. There isn't a board or sub board anywhere that doesn't have a litany of complaints and/or issues with them.

they ARE that bad
Huh... I just looked... I don't see a complaint or issue in the first 10 threads.
Given the volume of firearms produced by PSA, there are bound to be numerically "more issues".

Show me another manufacturer that is as active as PSA on AR5.com ? At least PSA will interact with people on AR15.com. And that activity is right there in the forum.
Is Armalite or Aero on there ? S&W ? Ruger ? ... so where does someone go to read about their issues ?

Do you use any PSA AR's ? kinda hard to judge if you don't .

PSA clearly has a roll in the firearms world, just look at all the firearms and parts they sell.... everyday.

So they must be doing something right... otherwise they wouldn't have made it this long.

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 06-43-51 Palmetto State Armory - AR15.COM.png

$20,000 for mostly lower build kits, probably another $20,000 to finish the rifles with cheap parts from other sources.
Wouldn't use PSA for his personal rifle but it's OK for Friends and Family.
Not for profit.
These were build kits with or without lower receivers?
How many do you plan on building?
Gonna do 50+ plastic lowers?

Why would anyone buy that many serialized lowers from one source?
Why would anyone put out info on a giant (for personal use) order.
Was this a cash sale or credit card?

Huh... I just looked... I don't see a complaint or issue in the first 10 threads.
Given the volume of firearms produced by PSA, there are bound to be numerically "more issues".

Show me another manufacturer that is as active as PSA on AR5.com ? At least PSA will interact with people on AR15.com. And that activity is right there in the forum.
Is Armalite or Aero on there ? S&W ? Ruger ? ... so where does someone go to read about their issues ?

Do you use any PSA AR's ? kinda hard to judge if you don't .

PSA clearly has a roll in the firearms world, just look at all the firearms and parts they sell.... everyday.

So they must be doing something right... otherwise they wouldn't have made it this long.

View attachment 8096950
ok the one day or one week. it's been that way for a long time

you arguing against their well established qc issues is like spitting in the wind

there is cheap, there is poor, then there is stupid and psa is being stupid

$20,000 for mostly lower build kits, probably another $20,000 to finish the rifles with cheap parts from other sources.
Wouldn't use PSA for his personal rifle but it's OK for Friends and Family.
Not for profit.
These were build kits with or without lower receivers?
How many do you plan on building?
Gonna do 50+ plastic lowers?

Why would anyone buy that many serialized lowers from one source?
Why would anyone put out info on a giant (for personal use) order.
Was this a cash sale or credit card?

Near 100% chance of instantly being on the ATF's shadow watch list.

It's easy to have a lifetime supply of firearms for your friends and family if you don't have any friends, and your family buys their own shit.

Follow me for more money saving tips!

Actually it's more like a $40,000 to $50,000 insurance policy.
Two of his 'Parts kits' missing from order and two more missing parts (FCG?), loss valued at about $200.
So these were probably NOT full build kits with receivers, whew :)
No FFL required, just small parts and mags.
Still have to buy or machine a PILE of lower receivers, upper receivers/barrels/forearms.
What kind of sights?

To put together 9 minute ARs.

• Haha
Reactions: BoltRunner
ok the one day or one week. it's been that way for a long time

you arguing against their well established qc issues is like spitting in the wind

there is cheap, there is poor, then there is stupid and psa is being stupid

Actually, I looked through all 3 of the current pages... and saw nothing like you described.... ( going back to 01/05/23, all currently available. )
Sounds like PSA has improved since its first years based on your criteria.

Is that still spitting in the wind ?
You and I can disagree... but people know what they are buying with a PSA.

And yet... someone like the OP spent 20K with them. So they do sell stuff that works.
To... ( apparently to you at least ) , a LOT of other stupid people.

PSA is 3rd in the nation for total production.... Beat by S&W #1, and Ruger #2

I'm not saying they are perfect, but what company is ? ... but PSA does sell affordable , workable stuff, that the average person can afford.
And a lot of the parts can readily be used for a foundation for a reliable, good rifle.

Is PSA using unsafe parts ?... I sure don't see that.

Upgrade as the owner see's fit.... If someone wants better fit and finish ( etc ) they will pay twice as much and do it. People do that with a lot of things, especially AR's

Would I go there to buy a LPK ? Nah... probably not. Saving a few dollars on that seems silly to me.

A BCG ? sure... some FN barrels ? Sure... complete uppers and lowers ? good enough for most ( and dependent on the intended use ) Mags ? sure... ammo sure.
As far as I am concerned PSA has made the AR family more affordable then any other manufacturer.

Even a inexpensive PSA will still get the job done.

Last edited:
I'd never consider them for parts but 20k is a big drop of cash. Surprised they wanted to lose another big sale like that over some lpk's.

Reactions: Constructor
If you go through your parts kit and see a disconnector that looks like this you know it's junk. Notice the rounded corners. I haven't seen hammers and triggers this bad but I've seen plenty with rounded sear corners instead of machined or honed to a perfect corner. No, I'm not saying that came from PSA but if you buy cheap that is what you may get.
AR-15-disconnector-1.jpg

Reactions: bfoosh006
I'd pass this along to save everyone else the hassle I went through.

I bought almost $20,000 worth of gear from PSA in the last few months. Now it took me a few months to get all of the gear together from other companies to start building these rifles.

When I opened all of the PSA boxed and inventoried what I have, 2 complete kits were missing. Additionally, 2 of the lower parts kits that were there, were also missing parts.

Now that isn't that bad by itself, because this was a large order and I'm an understanding person. What is bad is that they wouldn't replace the missing parts. I felt like they believed I was lying to scam some free parts or something. I tried to explain that this was only a little over $200 to them on a very large order and they explained to me that I needed to read the "policies" page. Since the order is older than 30 days, there is "nothing they can do."

There is, in fact, something they can do, they just choose not to.

Anywho, I wanted to post this to help others avoid the same experience. Open your package immediately or buy from someone else. I recommend the latter.

D1569AD1-0AC2-4BE7-B4B5-476F87FC0E26.jpeg

This actually happens to me all the time but it's mainly because I have so much money to spend I just don't care to check a $20k order for months on end. Last time I ordered $100k from Cheaper Than Dirt for my new Barrett PRS Creedmoor Operator Rifles that I personally build in my parents garage they shorted me 2 Quigley Ford scopes, 7 magpul magazine clips, and 4 Punisher AR lowers. Well I was furious... I immediately jumped on tacticaldouchebag.com and bashed the fuck outta those assholes to all my operator friends I play online with. What kinda company doesn't bend over and cater to a high end rifle builder like myself...? Assholes that's who, I spend my money elsewhere now but they probably lost the best rifle builder in the United States and I'm the one laughing now.
You SOB, every time I read past this you get me. 10/10