• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AW/AE/AICS mag diffrences

Re: AW/AE/AICS mag diffrences

The "Accurate" mags I have (not AI) allow you to load to 2.960"

Just want to say <span style="font-weight: bold">Thanks</span> for making this post! I recently acquired a GAP Crusader and had been tearing out what little hair I have left trying to figure out what spare magazines to buy. I feel ashamed that I have not fired the rifle yet, but have been recovering from a couple of spinal surgeries. I’m sure that I’ll be pleased with it when I get out.

I have a long action 6.5-284 and have been using 5 round AI long action mags. Seem to work just fine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David777</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: highspeed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys should check with John at USO, there is a new mag coming out that will fit the badger, and all other mag assemblys and chassis of that type with no modds. It is better in all aspects, from finish to material and the best thing is the 10rd mag is well over 2" shorter (cannot say the exact measurment) than what's currently availible and it will fit a 142 Berger 6.5 oal in 260 with no problems, Not going to let the cat all the way out of the bag but everyone should be very happy. I'm sure it will be annonced very soon. Long action mags to follow. One can only guess that it will incorperate the same features as the SA mags and they are (American made)

"cheers" </div></div>

Are these single or double stack? </div></div>

Double stack, single feed.
John III

Does anyone know if they make a long action mag with more then 5 rounds? I can fit 6 in my 30-06 application but I'm wondering if they make a 10 rounder.

Accurate-Mag makes some great magazines, you should check out there magazines

accurate-mag.com, [email protected] is there main email contact,

And to answer "One more time" statement, the thinking new with long range shooting is now to take the long action platforms and to make double stack, single stack magazines, the could be scene with many companies such as Remington and ash bury intl

No sir, we do not make a ".30-06" magazine or larger than the current 5rd magazines in the Long Action systems. I know of customers which have taken the .300WM magazine, bent the feed lips and worked it in their AICS L/A systems. So a little time and effort you can make it work. Best wishes and happy holidays.

Sorry to bother you, new to long range shooting, i also have a sps sa (308) i would love to do this to aw mags are alot lower prowfile thanks alot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSGN8</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry to bother you, new to long range shooting, i also have a sps sa (308) i would love to do this to aw mags are alot lower prowfile thanks alot. </div></div>

You can't use AW mags in a Remington without mods to the receiver.

Do a search this mod has been done before by others including myself.

SSGN8: HateCA answered directly and correctly of course. You will want to stick with the AICS 5rd and 10rd mags for your Remington utilizing a new bottom metal of course. Happy holidays.

Could someone tell me where to find dimensions for the modification that would make AW magazines work in a Surgeon? Or someone who will do it at piece rate. Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoffels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rolex,
Its not right for you to have all of these SWEET rifles
Bill </div></div>

I've added more since this review was written!
smile.gif

Look for an updated review in the summer. Included will be the 10 round 300 win mag magazine along with the 8 round AE magazine and for kicks the AW50 magazine all with new pics and more!!!!!!!

Badger M2008 can use the AW magazines. Just tell gunsmith you want this done when rifle is being built. I have GAP rifle with Badger action that uses AW mags.

Just got a couple of pictures to share with you guys of the new .223 mag.

From left to right:

5rd AICS/AE MK2, 10rd AW, 10rd AICS 223, 10rd AICS/AE MK2
100_4302.jpg

100_4298.jpg

100_4300.jpg

We should have a good inventory of these 223 mags by March guys, if you want to be put on our contact list let me know by sending me an email with how many you need and we will get you squared away.

Cheers,

Adam

I believe you are looking for magazines for the AE MKI which is the 5rd single stack mag? If so, that is part #4267, check with Adam @ MHSA, MHSA and SRT, one of these 3 will have them instock now.

If you are looking for the magazine for the AE MKII, that will be part #3901 for the 5rd and #3902 for the 10rd mag, again the above and TRIAD Tactical has well.

Any questions, lmk and I will be glad to assist.

338 AICS question?

stacey why can't AI just change the mag well liner in the old 338 AICS L/A chassis and new mag, instead of making a brand new stock, the new CIP chassis. I bought a L/A AICS 300 win 700p waiting for the new MLR's to come. When I had bought it the distributor said that it would fit the MLR. Now when I put in my MLR it's mag was too big and I had to buy a 338 AICS/AWSM mag to fit my AICS L/A stock. What a waste of money now they are coming out with a new stock.

I feel like selling my AICS and MLR to get the new Savage BA 338?

gunaddicted: To your inquiry, there are several reasons why the "center box" of the chassis required changes. The action from Remington that they are using on the MLR has been changed to accommodate the .338 and 300gr CIP ammo which means there was more done to it than just a new bolt head and extractor, without going into manufacturing details. We had to change our "center box" section of the chassis to properly accommodate the new changes as well, which is something that really needed to be done. The new magazine which we released, .338 Lapua CIP, was due to several reasons from the military and customer based request. The current AICS will fit the MLR, the magazine does allow all 250gr manufactured ammo that I know of and has for many year so nothing changed there, but the MLR magazine you refer is not ours and we have no control over what they decide to do or with those dimensions but I repeat that is not our design or magazine. I am sorry to hear that you feel you have wasted money but I see in the other thread http://snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1626796&page=28 where this was addressed, that you are in contact with Wolverine Supply and have a possible plan in place. So simple answer is we were required to change our product to accommodate the CIP specifications, Remington was required to change the product for the same and many others manufactures such as bottom metal and stock's are doing the same. So believe me, this is not a just drop in the bucket for anyone, but a required upgrade that will be standard very soon.
To address the last comment, I can only say it's your decision, we are doing exactly what we must do to maintain our product line at the current and highest standards within the industry, best wishes.

dear stacey

Correct me if I am wrong reading your last post: AI is going to replace the center box of the chassis and the magazine. Am I reading that right? Does that mean I can buy from AI the new CIP center box and mag only and put it on my AICS stock? Looking at the pictures in the past threads of the different AI rifles and their center box/mag they looks as if the stock remains the same and the changes only happen to the center box and mag. The new CIP OAL for 300gr 338lm is 3.681 the original AICS mag is about 3.660 only .020 larger. Changing the center box and mag sounds more reasonable than making a whole new stock.

Yes we have designed in conjunction with Remington inputs for the MSR in particular, a new center box with is installed in the middle of the forend and butt rail sections which completes the AICS chassis. No sir, you can not purchase or change your current AICS center box, once installed, they are considered a permanent component. You will have to purchase the new AICS CIP chassis complete. Which this new AICS CIP and magazine will be the standard offering and part # for the .338 Lapua, but will remain the standard for the .300WM design.

Updating with pictures. From left to right
1. AICS .223 10rd
2. AICS / AE MKII .308 5rd
3. AICS / AE MKII .308 10rd
4. AW .308 10rd
5. AWM / AICS .300WM 5rd
6. AWSM / AICS .338LM 5rd
7. AICS CIP 5rd
IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

CIP is the EURO governing body similar to SAAMI here in the U.S.. CIP Mag length, as seen in Stacey's last post, allows longer COAL than the non CIP magazines, as would the new chassis.

I have a GAP Crusader that uses AICS .308 mags. I'm starting to plan out my next build, and would like to know if there are any other chamberings in the .308 family that will work with the same mags WITHOUT any alterations. I'm really thinking 6mm, but may consider a 6.5mm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deisel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.260 Remington will work with AICS .308 mags.</div></div>

As will the .243 Win and 6.5 Creedmoor (both available for order in AI rifles right now).

Which cartridge will allow the bullet to seat out further, 260 or the Creedmore? Anyone have a pic of the two cases side by side?

No pictures but, 260 rem case length is 2.035"

6.5 Creedmoor 1.920"

If that helps.

6.5x47 is shorter yet @ 1.900"

Two questions...I have a sako M995/Manners T4A with a Williams/McMillan BM. Wondering if any of these mags (in a long action version) would work...would have to be single feed. The Sako mag is .993" wide x 3.835" long, loading 7mmRM. (Guess that realy only leaves the AICS)
The other build I have is a FN Commercial mauser98 with a factory Mauser BM with a removable floor plate. I'm going to run this in 7-08 and eventually would like a removable mag, but most of the .308 mags are too short for good 7-08 COAL. The Mauser action is a long action and the intenal dimensions of the well are about .895" x 3.40". I could (and would have to) modify this, but is there a mag that closely fits those dimensions?
Great thread. Thanks.