• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AW mag w/ HRD 6 mm spacer kit feeding issue

exoto1225

Private
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2018
I'm running 6br on my AT using double stack AW mag + HRD 6mm spacer.
The mag runs fine for the first 5-7 rounds, but then it just keep screwing up like this for the last 3-5 rds :
not enough spring tension left for the last few rounds might have caused this feeding issue, I don't know..? Also, I'm using108 eldm and 105 berger hybrid for my 6br loads. I tried to lube the inside of the magazine but it didn't help. any idea how to fix this?
Thanks.

1665003658709.png

I had the same issue, I ended up JB welding a piece of sheet metal to the back of the follower to make an anti-tilt like an m4 mag. Tried the feed lips, pulling the springs - nothing else would stop the nosedive.

Reactions: exoto1225
I had the same issue, I ended up JB welding a piece of sheet metal to the back of the follower to make an anti-tilt like an m4 mag. Tried the feed lips, pulling the springs - nothing else would stop the nosedive.
Any chance of pics on that??? How thick sheet metal and where exactly?
I'm getting a 6BR barrel spun up fro my AT and have 2 HRD kits, preparing myself for heartache.......

Do you only have 1 mag and spacer or are you getting identical results from multiple mags or spacers?

I'd try taking out the follower and bending out the spring by hand to get more spring tension. Also from memory I think you can also bend out the spring so the front of the follower is tipping up a bit more so you get a little more upward pressure in the front of the follower.

Do you get the same nosediving when you run the bolt fast or slow? Try running the bolt at different speeds to see? I had minor nosediving issues and I found they only happened on the last round if I ran the bolt slow.

Do you get the same nosediving when you run the bolt fast or slow? Try running the bolt at different speeds to see? I had minor nosediving issues and I found they only happened on the last round if I ran the bolt slow.

when I run the bolt fast, I do get the nosediving. It works fine if I move bolt slowly but I still don't want any incident during a match

can you show us a pic of yours??

Do you only have 1 mag and spacer or are you getting identical results from multiple mags or spacers?

I had 2x mags and kits - both did the nose dive with three rounds left. It happened under recoil for me. I suspect it’s just the geometry of how long I was loading BRA and having the bullet so far out.

I’ll grab a couple pictures later. It’s a real redneck engineering solution made from frustration, not my finest work.

Reactions: TylerN
I’ll grab a couple pictures later. It’s a real redneck engineering solution made from frustration, not my finest work.

IMG-1762.jpg
IMG-1761.jpg

It's a piece of .020" scrap metal. I think the first test was a beer can, but I didn't use enough JB to hold it in place during use. I ended up taking a bit off mag spacer channel with a file to make it fit and run smoothly. The funny shape is so you can tilt it between the feed lips to reinstall. Feeds 100%, no more nosedive.

Couple guys at the range (lucky to have dudes always willing to help) tried to help me out with troubleshooting - feed lip bending and checking the spring (stretch and keeping it in the channel), but both my mags would still nosedive. One guy handed me his AW mag with HRD kit and it ran perfectly... but my neither of mine would. YMMV.

Reactions: exoto1225