• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AXSA or AXMC ??

padronanniversary

Sergeant
Minuteman
Thoughts on going SA or MC ?

Delta is about $4k with barrel, bolt, and initial rifle.

Can anyone tell me in terms of the size difference of the MC chassis ?

Would be nice being able to shoot a larger caliber, but torn if the extra weight and if there are ergo issues with the MC.

Thanks in advance

Ergos are the same on both and to a certain extent, the weight can be too depending on the barrel you get. If you don't ever plan on shooting a larger caliber, get the standard SA. But if you want to buy once and cry once, get the MC. Mind you, barrels are a little more spendy on the MC and not everyone makes barrel blanks that any smith can chamber up. Most guys with MC/ASR also have a SA, AW or AX also.

Reactions: SkyScrapin
AXMC = Master Race
30A391B8-F68F-46AD-A92E-3F3DDC4AF3FC.jpeg

8FEC1688-0FF2-44E8-B507-9AAC7CE0B3A0.jpeg

But I also own an AT. If you ever plan to shoot long action cartridges then get the MC or SR. Or do what most of us do and get one of each 🤪

I have an MC it’s my main rifle. I really like it. I have changed it out to accept AR style hand grips. I like the one rifle and optic thing.

My only complaint is I wish the made an aftermarket 223 conversion for it. They say it won’t work like the SA AX

Last edited:
Difference is guys shoot the short actions the MC's are safe queens. You always see the for sale posts
"AIMC for sale only fired 3-1/2 times" :ROFLMAO: with 3 barrels.

False I shoot the shit out of both but If I could only keep one it would be my mc.

I can't foresee my axmc ever getting sold off

I have both but I am left handed and to my knowledge, AI never made a full bolt assembly for short action calibers available for the lefty AXMC. I did buy the .308 bolt for it to shoot short action stuff, but I still have to rob parts from the long action lapua magnum bolt to make it work. We lefties never have been able to just buy a .300wm bolt for the AXMC either. Because of these things, I just shoot the smaller rifle for short action stuff and have a separate .300wm platform.

Hopefully Huskydriver or some other lefty can tell me I’m wrong and point me in the right direction.

If I could have bought all the parts when I bought the AXMC to run everything, I would have bought two of every complete bolt and likely would have never bought the short action rifle.

I have both but I am left handed and to my knowledge, AI never made a full bolt assembly for short action calibers available for the lefty AXMC. I did buy the .308 bolt for it to shoot short action stuff, but I still have to rob parts from the long action lapua magnum bolt to make it work. We lefties never have been able to just buy a .300wm bolt for the AXMC either. Because of these things, I just shoot the smaller rifle for short action stuff and have a separate .300wm platform.

Hopefully Huskydriver or some other lefty can tell me I’m wrong and point me in the right direction.

If I could have bought all the parts when I bought the AXMC to run everything, I would have bought two of every complete bolt and likely would have never bought the short action rifle.

To be fair I'm a righty and have all the bolts etc.

That very well may be true for the LH situation

Had both and preferred the axsa so sold the axmc. I ended up with another axsr and still grab my axsa most often. I mostly shoot short action rounds, 6.5cm and 308win. So the short action fits that a lot better. The large frame shooting short action calibers is like shooting a Vudoo in 22lr. Feels a lot larger then it needs to be and unless it's for training there are better tools for the job (axsa). Now when I head out to go play with steel outside of 800yds or so it's a toss up on what I grab.

I have a long action AW and wanted to shoot some short action calibers. So, I bought an AXMC thinking I’d sell the AW. Nope. Didn’t like the MC as much as the AW.

I ended up selling the MC and buying a short AX. My AW will never leave. I need to find a short one of those….

Reactions: Brym427

The official response I got from AI is that they want you to use the firing pin/shroud assembly that came with your MC. As such, all you need is the bolt body to allow a caliber change.

To my knowledge, a complete LH bolt assembly (Body, shroud and FP) for the MC was never offered by AI in any bolt face. Hell....As @sharpshot50 said, we can't even get a LH 300 WM bolt face body. They have never been offered as a spare part. EO actually believes that they can get one but it will take a long time. I put down a small deposit so that they order it.....we'll see...

The question regarding the choice between long and short action is really simple to answer...I have both an AT and an MC. The AT is a joy to shoot and I have it set up as a dedicated 308 bolt gun. It is lighter as well so it is easier to move around. It is SFP so I can shoot SRP w/o issue which is something I don't have with the MC. I have 6.5 CM and 6 mm barrels for it. I don't think I would part with it.

I would categorically NEVER sell my MC...EVER. It can do most everything. If I ever get the 300 WM bolt body, it will do everything and it is the perfect color as well

Last edited:
Reactions: sharpshot50
It would be awesome to see an ATM

When I think of AI’s the green thumbhole AW or AT comes to mind. So that is my favorite flavor.

I believe @Huskydriver (since we’re just throwing him out there today) has a AXMC or SR with the thumb hole which is bad ass

If you're going to want to shoot larger caliber, go AXMC.

Had an AIAT in .308, 6CM & 6.5CM. Switched to the AXSR, now have all those calibers, plus .300NM. Didn't find a need to keep the AT. The small caliber mags/bolt throw work fine, haven't had any issues. Just wish there was a way to shoot .223 and .375

If you're going to want to shoot larger caliber, go AXMC.

Had an AIAT in .308, 6CM & 6.5CM. Switched to the AXSR, now have all those calibers, plus .300NM. Didn't find a need to keep the AT. The small caliber mags/bolt throw work fine, haven't had any issues. Just wish there was a way to shoot .223 and .375
thank you all.

I was curious o the bolt throw as well. When you said no issues, is it longer I assume since it’s a LA shooting smaller caliber ?

thank you all.

I was curious o the bolt throw as well. When you said no issues, is it longer I assume since it’s a LA shooting smaller caliber ?

I don't even notice the difference in bolt throw between the 2 actions honest. I have competed with both... Never an issue

Reactions: Nik H
I had an AW in 300 Win Mag in the 90's. Loved that rifle. It shot 1/4 MOA. Divorce forced the sale. Current replacement is the AXMC in .338 LM. Love this rifles as well. My only complaint is not having ranges to stretch it's legs to 1000 yards and beyond without a 2.5 hour drive each way. Have .308 and 6.5 CM barrels and the proper bolt for both. What is not to love? :) It isn't semi-auto? I have other rifles for that. Black Rifles Matter too. ;)

That's the only reasonable answer. Life it to short for either/or when both is the right choice.

stick with AX SA, can shoot 223, can shoot all other .472 bolt faces and if you wanna step up to 338/300wsm…you win again

I sold my AXMC, barrels were a pain, cause blanks weren’t commonly available. BR didn’t feed well. And well…I couldn’t shoot 223 🙂