• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing AZ hunting seasons for non-resident?

shootnfarmer

Private
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2009
Hey everyone,

So I'm taking the family on vacation again this year to AZ for a couple weeks... Going to be NE of Pheonix (Rio Verde area, 2 blocks from Tonto NF) from the 26th of Jan to the 17th of Feb.

Do I have any options to do any hunting(javelina, or any other critter smaller than elk, etc) with either rifle or bow? We are driving so I can bring either or both.

Any and all info much appreciated.

I know I can look up the seasons and everything online, just interested in personal opinions from actual people

Thanks

Re: AZ hunting seasons for non-resident?

Check the AZ G&F website for any leftover tags. You might have a chance to go after Javelina. Good luck.

3 day non resident license is $62. You can shoot quail, bobcats, coyotes, foxes, etc. There may be some over the counter Javi tags left and you are better off to call AZGF to find out as it's almost impossible to find on their site. That area is full of coyote, bobcat, fox, and quail. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions that I may be able to answer.

^^^ Thanks jcfd, Maybe once we get down there and get the kids calmed down I'll send ya a PM. Had a nice coyote come right into the front yard one night after the FoxPro had been going for about 10 min. Really looking forward to getting out somewhere

Thanks again

Shaun

We are having a coyote hunt / get together the weekend of the 2nd if you want to some predator hunting. So far I have friends coming from South Dakota, New York, Nevada, New Mexico, and multiple places in Arizona. You are welcome to join in if you would like.