• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

B&C Medalist improvements

anthonylapoint

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2011
central CT
I finally made the final improvements to my Savage B&C stock. It is an ugly ass stock, there's no hiding that, but its also a good improvement to your rifle without breaking the bank. So, I thought I would post up some pictures for some to see that you can make improvements to it to help it to become less of an eye sore. I also sanded the barrel channel wider, bedded the action and textured.

Let me know what you think.

Here is what it started life as
IMG_1129_zps77a075d8.jpg

Then bedding of the action. Need to do some patching, devcon doesnt mix well when it's old
image_zps7de84fb6.jpg

Then texture to the grips and sanding down of the fore end while lapping the rings. Multi tasking
lapping_zpsb7032920.jpg

End result
image_zps969eb60a.jpg

image_zpsd406ca83.jpg

When I first bought my 10 it was a .308 sitting in a choate sniper wearing a Simmons Aetec
image_zps57c7cdfe.jpg

Looks great man! I really like the color combos of green/black that you went with. Digging the texture job too. How's it shoot after bedding?

Thanks Jeff. Unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to shoot it yet but when I do, I'll probably post something.