• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

B&T APC308 PRO vs FN SCAR 17s NRCH vs LMT L129A1

Origin_tz

Private
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2023
VA
Should I switch my LMT L129A1 to B&T APC308 PRO DMR version, or FN SCAR 17s NRCH, or just keep it?
I'm shooting both suppressed and unsuppressed.

(Or maybe LWRC REPR MKII)

Last edited:
What does your current rifle not do, that you hope the others will?

Reactions: Jsp556
What does your current rifle not do, that you hope the others will?
My LMT is great and accurate, but it is heavy and doesn't perform well when shooting suppressed.
I'm thinking of a lighter piston rifle

The LMT is great, I wouldn't sleep on the LWRCI either. I wouldn't bother with the Scar17 if suppressors or precision are on the menu. APC I can't really speak to, no experience with them.

Reactions: Origin_tz
Should I switch my LMT L129A1 to B&T APC308 PRO DMR version, or FN SCAR 17s NRCH, or just keep it?
I'm shooting both suppressed and unsuppressed.

(Or maybe LWRC REPR MKII)
Why not just buy a light weight barrel for your MWS?

I recently dumped my scar, still have two mws's and an sr25.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211031-111115_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211031-111115_Chrome.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 30
Unless you're truly humping this rifle around in the field I'd roll with the current stick or purchase the piston driven MARS-H. The APC is typical swiss build quality but just as heavy. I run a SCAR 17S (gas jet + trigger needed) with zero issues suppressed/unsuppressed in the field and it's more accurate than it should be. Weight was the primary consideration and it excels there. A can change, think HUXWRX/OSS, would be a less expensive option to reduce backpressure and any performance issues you might be getting with the DI system.