• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Back pain

Jgault

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2020
Keller, Texas
I’m not one who goes to the Doctor often, most things just work themselves out. I need a little advice. This started when I was cutting up a tree for firewood and I tried to lift something I shouldn’t have. It got better on its own but now it’s back. I have a rather intense pain daily in the lower right side of my back. The more I sit or lay down the worse it gets with the pain starting in my lower back and going down my right leg to the ankle. If I’m standing or walking the pain is either much less or goes away at least for a little while. Anyone have this issue?

I don't have a whole lot to be helpful. However, I would stay away from surgery at all cost. Try physical therapy first. Also, take something for the inflammation, NSAID or something stronger from a prescription. I would go see a doctor for help.

When the pain gets manageable try these supplements all at the same time:

quercetin and bromelain
ashwagandha
resveratrol

These supplements will help with the inflammation and are not bad for you like NSAIDs are. However, it takes time for these to work and you need to take them everyday for about 3 weeks to see results.

Edit: Also can take BCP 157, but it's not cheap. like $100 a bottle. I take all of these things to help with inflammation.

Last edited:
I've got sciatic nerve pain that sounds like what you described. Sometimes I can feel it all the way to my middle toes. I don't know that it's caused by lifting. I'm no doctor, and like you I don't go to them much.

I use a stretching technique that helps. Lay on your back cross your leg that is hurting over the opposite leg, ankle to knee. Put your hands under the thigh that doesn’t have the pain and pull up towards your chest.

Like I said I’m no doctor, but it helps me.

It sounds as if one of your vertebrae is mechanically out of position, and your back muscles are trying to protect it by being tight, which is disallowing the out of alligned vertebrae from going back to where it should. The vertibrea being out of align is pinching one of your nerves.
Look up on the interwebs how to self adjust yourself. There are stretches, if done correctly, that can help the vertebrae pop back into position which will release the pressure on your nerves.
If that doesn't work visit a chiropractor, they have moves that will physically mechanically realign things

It sounds like sciatic nerve pain.
Stretching has allways helped me more than anything else and i do various stretches everday more so now that im getting older.
There are also new remedies similar to the pressure cuffs used for tennis or golf elbow ( Tendonitis) that may work for you until it can heal itself.
My grandmother always said show me a tall man and i will show you a bad back 🤣🤣

Go get an MRI, might have to do physical therapy and epidural steroid injections to get one but that will give you the answer.

My guess is L5,S1 bulged or ruptured, depending on a bulge these can sometimes fix them selves with meds/injections and rest.

If it’s ruptured, surgery isn’t the end of the world, I had mine operated on 7 years ago… life changing, I haven’t had any pain since

How old are you?

I have various back issues with sciatica being one. Stretching exercises will help, and to help with the pain that is running/moving down your leg, I use one of those adjustable bands with the pressure point pad similar to mentioned above. I have 2 different ones, one is fairly wide at 2-3" and then a thinner one at 1" wide. Both work for me, you just have to find "that" spot/pressure point just below your knee to put the pressure pad on so you will get some pain relief. these bands are available online, but I got the thinner one at wally world (ACE ??) IIRC.

Agree a lot with the idea is stretching.
I’m 6’ 2” and done similar things cutting firewood. My wife made me start some Pilates exercises. And it has made all the difference in the world. The pain hasn’t happened again.
Chiropractors don’t fix what you can do with stretching.
Sorry for the pain.

W
Go get an MRI, might have to do physical therapy and epidural steroid injections to get one but that will give you the answer.

My guess is L5,S1 bulged or ruptured, depending on a bulge these can sometimes fix them selves with meds/injections and rest.

If it’s ruptured, surgery isn’t the end of the world, I had mine operated on 7 years ago… life changing, I haven’t had any pain since

How old are you?
the ripe age of 50, I was lucky enough other than broken bones and getting stabbed once to being fairly healthy for the first 49 years, then this off and on for the last year has been unpleasant to say the least.

Reactions: DIBBS and 338dude
Thank all of you for the suggestions, and it can’t hurt to try them all. Anti inflammatory, stretching(which I just did and it does feel better), I will be getting the bands. I’m going to look up stretches that might pop a few things back in place if that’s the problem. I appreciate the suggestions of a doctor but I would like to avoid if possible.

Thank all of you for the suggestions, and it can’t hurt to try them all. Anti inflammatory, stretching(which I just did and it does feel better), I will be getting the bands. I’m going to look up stretches that might pop a few things back in place if that’s the problem. I appreciate the suggestions of a doctor but I would like to avoid if possible.
It may take a bit for the muscles to relax, don't give up on the stretches.
This next part will sound funny but it is what it is. When I would be mechanically out and the muscles were being little bitches, I would get drunk and go to bed. MANY times I have woke in the morn, still muscle stiff, but my back had popped back in.
Make sure to drink a lot of water keeping yourself hydrated

Stretching, massage, and acupuncture works wonders for my back and sciatic pain. I have a bulging disc, that luckily hasn't progressed.

Reactions: 338dude
Most bulging discs can heal, but help from a chiropractor will make the process go much quicker. Many years ago I developed back pain then terrible sciatica. Eventually I went to chiropractic school, and eventually healed. Became a long distance trail runner, etc. There are many different chiropractic techniques, but the one that saved me was the NUCCA system.

The upper part of the neck contains between 10,000 and 20,000 proprioceptors. When that area is out of alignment, the brain then receives incorrect information and incorrectly twists your back. With those incorrect curvatures, weak spots develop that are prone to injury and reinjury. If you the upper cervical is CORRECTLY realigned, the spine starts to straighten out and the weak areas improve. NUCCA is the most common upper cervical chiropractic system, but there are others than can work as well. Such as Atlas Orthogonal, Orthospinology, etc.

There was a discussion on here a couple of years ago about NUCCA, with many good comments.

Reactions: 338dude
If it is nerve pain lidocaine patches might give some temporary relief.

Reactions: UKDslayer
A chiropractor, a good one, can work wonders with putting bones back in the right place. However if there's worse damage, like bulging or ruptured discs and damaged nerves, they can't fix that.
Emphasis on finding a good chiropractor. I went to one my wife went to and there was no initial consultation or anything, just wham bam crack my back and out the door. That was the first time I ever went, and the only time I went to see him. Fast forward a few years and I couldn't turn my head for a month or more after I wiped out hard on a dirtbike and landed on my head. Caught a rut weird at the top of third gear on my brother's KX500 and went over the bars. Went to a different chiropractor, and he wouldn't touch me until he did a proper exam, including an x-ray of my spine. He was able to get me back in shape after a few visits, but I was in every second day for a couple weeks getting realigned. Now I go a few times a year or when I'm in pain, which is a lot less often than I used to be. It's amazing how hard the body fights to keep things immobile when something's out of whack a little bit.
Kristian

I have posted about this several times here. I have dealt with this type of pain for 30 years and am now living virtually pain free. Get some magnesium supplements, stat!

Hopefully your situation is temporary but take care and be careful it does not escalate to a full blown sciatic episode. I have had two sciatic crashes and they are not fun. Unfortunately I did not understand what was going on the first time and it was weeks of misery. The second time I ended up taking an ambulance ride and spent several days in the hospital. I took notes so when the third started coming, I went to a nurse practitioner and told her I needed Oral prednisone for the inflation and a small amount of opioids to get me moving again. Crash averted.

It’s my belief that the crashes not only are miserable and expensive but they cause long term nerve damage. I believe this is where the magnesium comes in, with the nerve damage and nerve pain. I also take vitamin D but I can’t point to a direct line of relief causation that I have observed with magnesium.

I have a bowflex Max-trainer I use religiously 3x a week. This is non impact, controlled exercise that keeps things loose.

I also have a Theragun Prime that I swear by. That will loosen knots that pull and pinch nerves. Care needs to be followed as these can cause problems if used too aggressively. Avoid the urge to go deep with the smaller tip and let the vibrations do the work. I keep it on my nightstand and it will also stop the occasional leg cramp in its tracks.

I hope my experience helps in some small way. Good luck.

First thing get to the RIGHT Dr. Neurologist. Let them know what is going on. Don't do a single thing till you see one as anything talked about in the thread could make it worse.

I have very little strength in my left side due to nerve damage, part my issue part the Dr.s I figured it would get better, nerves can get screwed. Just last saturday I had a 3' long 2x4 in my hand, I turned and then ended up on the floor not able to move. I am still in pain, and in "real pain" every damn day.

Get it looked at and give them every bit of info you can, even if it does not seem related, like, you know after this hit I have been having trouble taking a wizz.

Stuart McGill is probably the most knowledgeable person on actually fixing backs, not just profiting off your pain.

McGill big 3 is a great place to start for simple exercises.

Reactions: tiger13 and Nik H
If pain is going down your leg, its leaning towards the sroius side as far as injuries go.

Skip the chiropractor, find a good physical therapist. Hopefully it is SI joint disfunction pinching you sciatic nerve, and not a disk protrusion pressing on the nerve root causing the shooting pain. A good PT will figure it out, with me, I had the disc pushing on the nerve to start, but I didn't do anything about it for a long time. It turned into SI joint dysfunction and one exacerbated the other. I still get pelvic torsion and if its really bad, I can feel every disc bulge in my back.

My first PT didn't do a good job of diagnosing my physical state. My second PT quickly identified a week glut opposite an extremely strong hip flexer, coupled with tight hamstrings.

Last edited:
I've been to a chiroquacker three times. Specifically said leave my neck alone (lower back was issue)...he popped it...went back again per his directions...same thing...next thing I knew the arm was totally numb. Got an MRI...herniated disks..most likely from the chiro (no before pics).

STAY THE $$@# AWAY from a CHIRO-QUACKER. As @supercorndogs said, go get a GOOD physical therapist. They're going to address the muscle imbalance and strengthen that versus just doing risky maneuvers with your back. I know I'll get static because there are a lot "believers" in chiroquackers. I knew better...had that "feeling" you get when you know you're in trouble...but went ahead after my name was called. Paying the price now. Not worth it. Remember, these Quackers can have a freaking degree in home-economics and just go to a clinic (like in Dallas area) to become a "Doctor."

I'm kinda SOL right now as I have a hernia that needs an operation, so serious stretching for me has been out for a while. But I'm going to venture, if it's the right side lower back, not right on the spine but shortly to the side, you have the same problem anybody who sits at work has...TIGHT (extremely) hip flexors. I shoveled clay two weeks ago and I'm still AFU...but when I stretch and warm up before so to do that stretch - I see almost instant relief until it tightens up again.

You may also want to make sure you're getting enough magnesium.

So my personal suggestion having fought this now for 16 years...1) diet, 2) weight loss (if you're over), 3) P-therapy, 4) REAL massage therapy. Loosen that lower back/glutes up and that hip flexor and you'll be amazed!!!!!

I have posted about this several times here. I have dealt with this type of pain for 30 years and am now living virtually pain free. Get some magnesium supplements, stat!

Hopefully your situation is temporary but take care and be careful it does not escalate to a full blown sciatic episode. I have had two sciatic crashes and they are not fun. Unfortunately I did not understand what was going on the first time and it was weeks of misery. The second time I ended up taking an ambulance ride and spent several days in the hospital. I took notes so when the third started coming, I went to a nurse practitioner and told her I needed Oral prednisone for the inflation and a small amount of opioids to get me moving again. Crash averted.

It’s my belief that the crashes not only are miserable and expensive but they cause long term nerve damage. I believe this is where the magnesium comes in, with the nerve damage and nerve pain. I also take vitamin D but I can’t point to a direct line of relief causation that I have observed with magnesium.

I have a bowflex Max-trainer I use religiously 3x a week. This is non impact, controlled exercise that keeps things loose.

I also have a Theragun Prime that I swear by. That will loosen knots that pull and pinch nerves. Care needs to be followed as these can cause problems if used too aggressively. Avoid the urge to go deep with the smaller tip and let the vibrations do the work. I keep it on my nightstand and it will also stop the occasional leg cramp in its tracks.

I hope my experience helps in some small way. Good luck.
That Bowflex sounds like a great idea

My chiropractor also does a thing called dry needling. Uses long hairlike needles like acupuncture. Once the needles are in the right place, usually at both ends of the muscle that's too tight, put some good ol electricity through them in little shock pulses. The shock can be adjusted to your comfort and does a fine job of making the muscle relax. Worked for me a couple of times when regular chiropractic just wouldn't quite get it.

That Bowflex sounds like a great idea
The nice thing is that it is a hybrid between an elliptical and a stair-master. I had an elliptical but I always felt it only did aerobic. The stair-master end seems to strengthen the legs, to some degree.

Degenerative condition in L5 through T12 which occasionally gives me issues when I do something stupid. Use to do lots of heavy leg work and was told by ortho that those days are over and not to do anything that compresses the spine. Had an MRI done a year or so ago when I thought it was a hip issue and the MRI confirmed the problem was my spine. Luckily the ortho I go to is very conservative and recommended to avoid surgery and the most aggressive form of treatment he would prescribe is injections. Biggest issue I have when my back goes out of whack is muscle spasms which can be very painful but PT can generally take care of it. Do core work if you are able to strengthen your abs.

I've been to a chiroquacker three times. Specifically said leave my neck alone (lower back was issue)...he popped it...went back again per his directions...same thing...next thing I knew the arm was totally numb. Got an MRI...herniated disks..most likely from the chiro (no before pics).

STAY THE $$@# AWAY from a CHIRO-QUACKER. As @supercorndogs said, go get a GOOD physical therapist. They're going to address the muscle imbalance and strengthen that versus just doing risky maneuvers with your back. I know I'll get static because there are a lot "believers" in chiroquackers. I knew better...had that "feeling" you get when you know you're in trouble...but went ahead after my name was called. Paying the price now. Not worth it. Remember, these Quackers can have a freaking degree in home-economics and just go to a clinic (like in Dallas area) to become a "Doctor."

I'm kinda SOL right now as I have a hernia that needs an operation, so serious stretching for me has been out for a while. But I'm going to venture, if it's the right side lower back, not right on the spine but shortly to the side, you have the same problem anybody who sits at work has...TIGHT (extremely) hip flexors. I shoveled clay two weeks ago and I'm still AFU...but when I stretch and warm up before so to do that stretch - I see almost instant relief until it tightens up again.

So my personal suggestion having fought this now for 16 years...1) diet, 2) weight loss (if you're over), 3) P-therapy, 4) REAL massage therapy. Loosen that lower back/glutes up and that hip flexor and you'll be amazed!!!!!

This is probably the worst advise to be given.

Just because you had a bad experience doesn't mean that All chiropractors are bad.

Quit being an ignorant fool

Reactions: JimTN
Does a good back brace or weightlifting belt help? If you haven’t, try one.

Jacked up my lower back when I was 19 big wave jumping a jet ski. Still occasionally flares up. Beside much of what’s mentioned here, the brace generally gives me the most immediate relief, and provides enough support that I can at least get around.

Yoga poses can help strech and strengthen but depending on your pain level, you might not be able to do some of this.

One position I find that helps when pain is intense is lay flat on your back, and rest you legs on something with your hips and knees at a 90 angle.

Good luck

Yeah, and I went to a chiropractor/physical therapist after a motorcycle accident and they showed me so many things wrong, I was doing with how I hold my body and move. I’ve been immensely more comfortable after some of the things they taught me.

I’m not one who goes to the Doctor often, most things just work themselves out. I need a little advice. This started when I was cutting up a tree for firewood and I tried to lift something I shouldn’t have. It got better on its own but now it’s back. I have a rather intense pain daily in the lower right side of my back. The more I sit or lay down the worse it gets with the pain starting in my lower back and going down my right leg to the ankle. If I’m standing or walking the pain is either much less or goes away at least for a little while. Anyone have this issue?
I have been to a ton of chiropractors. Some are useless, however when you get a good one, wow. The guy I go to now works in an office with several other practitioners of various forms of medicine.

When you get the right person they will do wonders for you.

Reactions: Jsp556 and mtrmn

Jacked up my lower back when I was 19 big wave jumping a jet ski. Still occasionally flares up. Beside much of what’s mentioned here, the brace generally gives me the most immediate relief, and provides enough support that I can at least get around.

Yoga poses can help strech and strengthen but depending on your pain level, you might not be able to do some of this.

One position I find that helps when pain is intense is lay flat on your back, and rest you legs on something with your hips and knees at a 90 angle.

Good luck

Yeah, and I went to a chiropractor/physical therapist after a motorcycle accident and they showed me so many things wrong, I was doing with how I hold my body and move. I’ve been immensely more comfortable after some of the things they taught me.

I wear a back brace because of the support I get from it. It's suggested to not overly use the brace because it can lessen your core strength.
Between episodes, when I was feeling good, I responsibly worked out to maintain and build my muscles to maintain my core strength.
Being fit, trim and having a good core strength is being on the bonus program

Its likely you've herniated the L5 disc in you lower back I did that years ago, my helper said he could heaqr the snap 10 feet away, and I have some sage advice.

1-DONT GET SUCKED INTO THE CHIROPPRACTOR. He cant help much because:

2-The herniated disc is swollen and pressing against the sciatic nerve which runs down your right leg. If it were the L4 it would be the left leg (I may have those reversed as its been 30 years). Adjusting it does little to no good. Trust me, I got bilked for almost 2K.

3- It MAY go down on its own, but unlikely. The only true cure for it is to allow the swelling to go down. That usually takes staying FLAT ON YOUR BACK for a week or so and easy, no to little lifting for a month after that. If you keep getting up and doing shit you'll keep inflaming the disc and the swelling wont go down. Flat on your back. If your over weight, lose some. Less stress on the spine.

4-Dont tell me "I Cant" cause you can, you just have to be committed to your own healing more than anything. The only other option will eventually come to surgery.

5-As GreeGo suggested above, take up yoga, or any good screeching exercise. I found swimming the best for me because your body is supported by the water while you stretch and elongate the spine, taking pressure off the disc.

6-Thank Maggot when this works and invite him for some free shooting on your Texas ranch.

Maggot, the fuck, out.

Edit to add: Thats not to discount chiropractic, it has its place, but IMHO, rest and stretching/swimming is your best option. A steroid shot can help but the downside of that is you'll get back to full speed too quickly and likely reinjure yourself.

Rest.

Last edited:

Good luck

I used to chuckle at a friend of mine that tried yoga. Until one day I tried it with him and his wife. I got a certified ass kicking that day. Now I am a 100% believer in yoga. That stuff works provided you follow the instructions.

Reactions: GreenGO Juan
L1-L5 is typically the area that will cause the symptoms you describe. I am currently dealing with it and require surgery to remedy my issues. The front of my left leg is literally numb to the touch between my knee and my ankle. It happed around the end of 2020 and have been battling to find a surgeon that doesn't have a waiting list 18+ months long for surgery. My first surgeon retired after dragging me along for months. Now my employer changed insurance providers so I get to start all over again...

If this is the first time it's happened try the Chiropractor route. If the discs are bulged they can do this thing called traction. It's sort of like a medieval torture rack, but after a few sessions it really helped me when all of this stuff first started about 20 years ago. Unfortunately long term my discs went from bulging to now spilling over/drooping down. My only hope now is surgery. I'm 6'3" 260 pounds and was not good to myself with physical work and body punishment over the years caught up.

I say get checked out with an MRI just in case. That way you can choose the best path to get it corrected if stretching and Chiropractor doesn't help.

My quality of life sucks and I would hate for anyone else to have to deal with it.

If it doesn’t stop in a few days go get an MRI. I’ve had back pain since college and it usually subsided within h 3-5 days.

Well, last year I hear a pop and my back got sore. Thought it was the usual stuff so I kept going. In a few days it was BAD, with pain down to my foot. Getting up and sitting down was excruciating.

Got an MRI and sure enough I had ruptured a disc which was pushing on my nerve. That was about 8 months ago and I still can’t overdue it because the muscles in my back start to spasm trying to protect my spine. Slowly working to rehab it.

Reactions: LeftyJason
So, you think your back hurts huh ?

My L1-L2-L3-L4-L5-S1 are about 30-60% eaten away by cancer.
I could post a MRI image to prove it....if you really need to see fucked up shit like that.

Does your back feel better now ?

Leave the check with the receptionist.

1. MRI to make sure if it's not anything serious or something that can't be fixed without some sort of intervention.

2. If it does not require surgery, PT and stretching would be my next step.

3. Get your core solid as you can. Abdominal exercises, planking, stability exercises.

I broke my back when I was younger. Stretching and getting my core strong made all the difference for me. Everyone is different, but I have not had good luck with chiropractors.

If it doesn’t stop in a few days go get an MRI. I’ve had back pain since college and it usually subsided within h 3-5 days.

Well, last year I hear a pop and my back got sore. Thought it was the usual stuff so I kept going. In a few days it was BAD, with pain down to my foot. Getting up and sitting down was excruciating.

Got an MRI and sure enough I had ruptured a disc which was pushing on my nerve. That was about 8 months ago and I still can’t overdue it because the muscles in my back start to spasm trying to protect my spine. Slowly working to rehab it.
Did you herniate it or rupture it. Usually a herniation can be healed by rest and stretching. The rupture requires surgery and the disc is actually torn, not just stressed.

My chiropractor also does a thing called dry needling. Uses long hairlike needles like acupuncture. Once the needles are in the right place, usually at both ends of the muscle that's too tight, put some good ol electricity through them in little shock pulses. The shock can be adjusted to your comfort and does a fine job of making the muscle relax. Worked for me a couple of times when regular chiropractic just wouldn't quite get it.
My Physical therapist did that too. Some states don't allow them to do so.

Reactions: mtrmn
So, you think your back hurts huh ?

My L1-L2-L3-L4-L5-S1 are about 30-60% eaten away by cancer.
I could post a MRI image to prove it....if you really need to see fucked up shit like that.

Does your back feel better now ?

Leave the check with the receptionist.
Oh man, that's horrible.
When you say the cancer has your vertibrea eaten away, what does the cancer do to it?

I'm still recovering from having 4 of my vertibrea fused together

Its likely you've herniated the L5 disc in you lower back I did that years ago, my helper said he could heaqr the snap 10 feet away, and I have some sage advice.

1-DONT GET SUCKED INTO THE CHIROPPRACTOR. He cant help much because:

2-The herniated disc is swollen and pressing against the sciatic nerve which runs down your right leg. If it were the L4 it would be the left leg (I may have those reversed as its been 30 years). Adjusting it does little to no good. Trust me, I got bilked for almost 2K.

3- It MAY go down on its own, but unlikely. The only true cure for it is to allow the swelling to go down. That usually takes staying FLAT ON YOUR BACK for a week or so and easy, no to little lifting for a month after that. If you keep getting up and doing shit you'll keep inflaming the disc and the swelling wont go down. Flat on your back. If your over weight, lose some. Less stress on the spine.

4-Dont tell me "I Cant" cause you can, you just have to be committed to your own healing more than anything. The only other option will eventually come to surgery.

5-As GreeGo suggested above, take up yoga, or any good screeching exercise. I found swimming the best for me because your body is supported by the water while you stretch and elongate the spine, taking pressure off the disc.

6-Thank Maggot when this works and invite him for some free shooting on your Texas ranch.

Maggot, the fuck, out.

Edit to add: Thats not to discount chiropractic, it has its place, but IMHO, rest and stretching/swimming is your best option. A steroid shot can help but the downside of that is you'll get back to full speed too quickly and likely reinjure yourself.

Rest.
The sciatic nerve could be pinched by the pelvis. The off center pain is usually SI joint disfunction. But usually pain down the leg from sciatica is not an all of the sudden thing which makes me think it could be a disk.

A chiropractor and PT will likely do the same physical manipulations to receive the SI joint pain. The PT is going to get you back going and give an ongoing exercise/streching/pain management plan. So you can take care of it yourself when you have flare ups. And flare ups you will have. Especially if you keep trying to work like you are twenty, limp it off and slap a bandaid on it until it totally breaks down.

I spent a couple years getting manipulated by a chiropractor before my disks let go. I spent in 6 weeks in PT. Learning how to take care of it myself.

Reactions: Jgault and mtrmn
When you say the cancer has your vertibrea eaten away, what does the cancer do to it?
Does the line you posted here not both ask and answer the question ?

This is a normal spine...

be2be242b2d2064b6823f78dc38da1627f98cfc769f21c1ed2f138b245900b77_big_gallery.jpeg

This is mine, kinda not the best image, but it's what I have.

jkl.jpg

Agree a lot with the idea is stretching.
I’m 6’ 2” and done similar things cutting firewood. My wife made me start some Pilates exercises. And it has made all the difference in the world. The pain hasn’t happened again.
Chiropractors don’t fix what you can do with stretching.
Sorry for the pain.

what he saying .. don't underestimate the lower impact methods like Pilates and daily stretching . 'dont' go to bed at night without stretching .
I got a Balanced Body / Allegro2 reformer and options few years back. was pretty skeptical, but It quickly changed my thought process . the Older you get, the Core and Stretching is everything related to tight back and pain issues .

Reactions: Emerson0311
Did you herniate it or rupture it. Usually a herniation can be healed by rest and stretching. The rupture requires surgery and the disc is actually torn, not just stressed..

Well that’s a good question. I went back and watched the video and the Dr said there is a herniated fragment strategically positioned right on the nerve. So a piece of the bone broke off and the MRI looks like a black triangle coming out of my spine so I took that as ruptured.

He told me that with PT I can probably get by without surgery. My calf muscle was only working at about 20% for a while but is now back to normal strength.

I got an epidural steroid injection that basically numbed that nerve long enough to start doing some PT. Without that I would probably still be down.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maggot