• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Backordered in March ...

rustyinbend

GySgt USMC 1976-1992
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2018
    Bend, Oregon
    ... and just arrived, compliments of Creedmoor Sports ... 200 new Lapua 300-PRC cases. Proof that patience pays off.

Now if my backorder for Berger 220's would get filled ... I'd have something to shoot out of them.

Um ... sorry ... I'm being impatient (again).

1641600306096.png

I've had Lapua 300 PRC brass on backorder and paid for since last April at Eurooptic. Maybe it will be filled soon.

I've had Lapua 300 PRC brass on backorder and paid for since last April at Eurooptic. Maybe it will be filled soon.
    I have another 100-cases enroute from catching them in-stock at Midsouth a week ago ... that was quite the surprise. Bought them because I thought I'd never see this other shipment. Now I've got 300 along with the 100 already fired a couple of times. I probably have 150 more than I need, but I guess that's not a bad thing. It's not like they'll grow mold or go bad in the fridge ... right?

I just picked up a bunch from Bruno's last week.

@rustyinbend and @Shoots 700's

FYI
    Not sure of all the particulars, but @Bigwheels posted in another thread about the 220 LRHT blowing up in a 300 WM gain twist.
    You may want to pm him prior to purchasing a bunch if the ship/orders comes in...
    220's are a bit heavy for 300-WM, but I've got a reference load for them in 300-PRC that's truly impressive in my Barrett MRAD.

I just want to give a shout-out to Creedmoor Sports and Graf & Sons. Over the last couple of crazy years, I've had a bunch of stuff backordered from several different online distributors. I've had stuff ignored, disavowed, summarily canceled, and all manner of bad service. But these two have consistently and accurately fulfilled my backorders when they got the stock on-hand ... and even though a few orders have taken a really long time (like 9 months for this 300-PRC Lapua brass) ... both Creedmoor and Graf have ALWAYS come through for me and my backorders. And one very positive practice is they don't charge my credit card until they ship the backordered product.

Reactions: ZY100 and DIBBS
    Creedmoor is awesome. I find Graf's customer service to be atrocious. They are perfectly nice, and accomodating, but they fuck so many things up with regard to shipping.

Creedmoor is awesome. I find Graf's customer service to be atrocious. They are perfectly nice, and accomodating, but they fuck so many things up with regard to shipping.
    Interesting ... maybe it stems from my righteous life of clean living (NOT) ... but my Graf & Sons transactions and shipping have always gone smoothly.

Reactions: Holliday
    Interesting ... maybe it stems from my righteous life of clean living (NOT) ... but my Graf & Sons transactions and shipping have always gone smoothly.
    My last transaction with them went like this -- I specified to NOT ship Fedex ground. She called and said I think we should ship Fedex ground. I said "no, my Fedex ground guy won't come up the hill to get a signature, and you refuse to ship no signature, so use Fedex 2-day, and I will pay for it." She says "oh Hon, we'll just do Fedex ground and require no signature this time." I say, "great, thank you." The fucking thing comes Fedex ground with a signature, and I have to drive two hours round trip to town to get it.

Now, one time this would not be an issue, but it is over and over. Also, most people don't have the world's worst Fedex ground delivery guy, who thinks that he cannot leave packages, non hazmat, at a drop box three miles onto my property because it is "against regulations" but is totally fine putting my small Fedex packages in the USPS mailbox of my neighbors because he apparently doesn't read numbers. So for other people, I am sure Graf's is perfect, but for me...

So that is my rant.

My last transaction with them went like this -- I specified to NOT ship Fedex ground. She called and said I think we should ship Fedex ground. I said "no, my Fedex ground guy won't come up the hill to get a signature, and you refuse to ship no signature, so use Fedex 2-day, and I will pay for it." She says "oh Hon, we'll just do Fedex ground and require no signature this time." I say, "great, thank you." The fucking thing comes Fedex ground with a signature, and I have to drive two hours round trip to town to get it.

Now, one time this would not be an issue, but it is over and over. Also, most people don't have the world's worst Fedex ground delivery guy, who thinks that he cannot leave packages, non hazmat, at a drop box three miles onto my property because it is "against regulations" but is totally fine putting my small Fedex packages in the USPS mailbox of my neighbors because he apparently doesn't read numbers. So for other people, I am sure Graf's is perfect, but for me...

So that is my rant.
    Wow ... Hazmat PTSD ... I guess I'm lucky that the gate to my small ranch is only 100 yards from the house. Although it took a couple of years for FedEx to realize that the gate box was a "Button" to open, and not a "Code". Even with a large label on the box cover that says "Open Cover - Push Button" ... they'd still leave a tag that said "Gate code unknown" and drive off with my package. Most of the drivers have figured this out and drive through the gate to put the package on the porch, but the occasional new guy still can't figure out how to push the button. Also ... when they f**k it up and I have to drive to FedEx for a pickup ... it's 4 miles, not 4 hours.

Dude ... that's a quality rant ... take ownership and be proud of it.

So that is my rant.

Signature required or not, Fed Ex and UPS both just leave our packages at the bottom of our hill. It's awesome when I order something like a monitor that just gets shipped in it's original packaging - a massive sign that reads "STEAL ME!"

Wow ... Hazmat PTSD ... I guess I'm lucky that the gate to my small ranch is only 100 yards from the house. Although it took a couple of years for FedEx to realize that the gate box was a "Button" to open, and not a "Code". Even with a large label on the box cover that says "Open Cover - Push Button" ... they'd still leave a tag that said "Gate code unknown" and drive off with my package. Most of the drivers have figured this out and drive through the gate to put the package on the porch, but the occasional new guy still can't figure out how to push the button. Also ... when they f**k it up and I have to drive to FedEx for a pickup ... it's 4 miles, not 4 hours.

I make my staff get my shipments barefoot so I don't forget the struggle.

I literally plow the road extra nice for this guy. And every time I say to him, "don't you think you could get up that hill?" Every time he tells me there is no possible way. Then I ask him if his truck is 4wd and he says, of course it is, I couldn't deliver with a 2wd truck. FML.

My Fedex express and UPS guys are great, but this little fucker gives me nightmares.