• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bacon and ???

rtB

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2019
Payson, AZ
With all these irrelevant topics like liberty and rights and stuff, time to discuss something that is truly critical to mankind's existence on this orb.

Reactions: EternalNoob
1580324145747.png

What sort of demented research is this? If I smell bacon I want to eat it......

LOL: Bacon-Scented Patch Wants to Help Vegans Resist Meat Cravings

1580345236548.png

A professor of experimental psychology recently unveiled a wearable patch infused with bacon flavor that is supposed to help curb meat cravings.

Charles Spence, a professor of experimental psychology at the University of Oxford, teamed up with plant-based food company Strong Roots to create a patch that, when scratched, produces a smell similar to that of cooked bacon. The idea behind this strange invention is that the human mind is connected to our senses of taste and smell, and that certain smells can significantly reduce food cravings.

This is absolutely ridiculous but welcome to 2020 where people will walk around smelling like meat in order to avoid eating meat.

Dubbed the world’s first meat patch, Spence’s weird creation is supposed to be worn like a nicotine patch, only instead of slowly releasing nicotine into the wearer’s body, it’s supposed to be scratched for an instant olfactory dose of bacon. Likely wearers include lifelong meat-eaters trying to go vegan, but struggling with cravings (or fools).

Atlas back strap with slap yo mama seasoning.
And everything else others have said!

Y'all ever had jowel bacon? If not your missing out. It's the filet mignon of bacon!
Smoked guanciale makes for a wicked good pasta sauce, cream or tomato based, doesn’t matter. Way better than lardons.

Bacon wrapped stuffed shrimp! Big shrimp. Stuff shrimp with Cajun crab dip! Wrap in bacon and grill!

Reactions: fx77
Never heard of lardons, had to Google it lol. Yea smoked jowls are hard to beat! I raise a few hogs every year and found a good butcher that'll do the jowls for me. The few hogs I sell, I make sure they get the jowls too. Everyone is like, "I've been missing out"!

Last night I made venison ribeye stuffed with chopped bacon, cream cheese, chives, and basil. Wrapped with butchers twine and grilled to medium rare. Sides of baked garlic-Parmesan asparagus and mashed taters.
1580346335846.jpeg

Reactions: riverside jeep
What sort of demented research is this? If I smell bacon I want to eat it......

LOL: Bacon-Scented Patch Wants to Help Vegans Resist Meat Cravings

View attachment 7236927

A professor of experimental psychology recently unveiled a wearable patch infused with bacon flavor that is supposed to help curb meat cravings.

Charles Spence, a professor of experimental psychology at the University of Oxford, teamed up with plant-based food company Strong Roots to create a patch that, when scratched, produces a smell similar to that of cooked bacon. The idea behind this strange invention is that the human mind is connected to our senses of taste and smell, and that certain smells can significantly reduce food cravings.

This is absolutely ridiculous but welcome to 2020 where people will walk around smelling like meat in order to avoid eating meat.

Dubbed the world’s first meat patch, Spence’s weird creation is supposed to be worn like a nicotine patch, only instead of slowly releasing nicotine into the wearer’s body, it’s supposed to be scratched for an instant olfactory dose of bacon. Likely wearers include lifelong meat-eaters trying to go vegan, but struggling with cravings (or fools).

Would someone just put this professor out of his misery?

Sirhr

Well chocolate covered bacon was not a good combo for me. Had to try it once while at a dinosaur exhibit in Dayton, Ohio a few years back

Oh, does this bring back memories. I remember back when I was in college working my way thru as a cook in the dorms cafeteria. Would start my lunch shift at 10:00 AM making the bacon for BLT’s. Could not get it out the door in the trays fast enough. If there was any extra I was lucky enough to bring it back to my apartment. Sure beat PB&J for dinner.

Maxwell

Never heard of lardons, had to Google it lol. Yea smoked jowls are hard to beat! I raise a few hogs every year and found a good butcher that'll do the jowls for me. The few hogs I sell, I make sure they get the jowls too. Everyone is like, "I've been missing out"!

Lardons?

Sounds like a bacon influenced hardon.

Jalepenos, canoed and stuffed with a mix of cream cheese and salsa, then wrapped in bacon. Then smoked.

You'll thank me later.
If you put a half a raw shrimp in the jalapeno before the cream cheese, plus add a little shredded cheese to this you will thank MinnesotaM and me later...

Hears a good 1
Debone and remove skin from chicken thighs
Weave 4 strip bacon and place weaved bacon in small bowl with ends hanging over the sides
Place chicken into the bowl skin side down and fill bone cavity with a cube of pepper jack cheese
Cross bacon over the top to seal it all up and bake at 400 for 30 minutes or until bacon is crisp
Note cheese side up and seal it good so cheese won't run out
Also the leftover work great on bun for lunch!!!!

Enjoy

Bacon wrapped dates. Slice date, fill with goat cheese, wrap in bacon. 35 min at 375.

Chicken thighs. remove skin and bone, replace bone with slice of cream cheese and green chile, roll up, wrap with bacon. Smoke at 300 for an hour(ish).