• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Bad Gunsmith

bsief

Private
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2013
Their is a gunsmith in Plainville, Ks John Vandyke of Vandyke Rifle Design

do not use this man He will take your money You will get nothing in return

If you have had any dealings in the past 6 months please e-mail me

Thanks

Brad

I would like to hear more :)

Then do a search. Van Dyke Rifles has been discussed at length in numerous past threads. While bad form for a first post, the target is unlikely to finda lot of support.

A bit of detail may go a long way in helping people understand your lack of satisfaction and possibly shed some light on what the events may have been?

The OP is being to vague, but on the other hand I have little sympathy for Van Dyke Rifles....

Here is the whole story

Vandyke built a rifle 3 yras ago a 338 lapua mag it is a tack driver took an elk in Craig, Co. at 451 yrds milk jugs at 1000 yrds

contacted him for a second build in Feb of this year 338 lapua mag on a ar type platform using a SND 2000
i was told by Vandyke that the best on the market was RND 2000 out of co.
was told it was ordered sent him deposit $xxx.xx was told it was being built it would take 5 to 6 months
talked to Vandyky in mid may said the rifle would be completed by the end of June ask him to call the builder and ask for info on suggested case length and suggested loads for 250 & 300 gr bullets
I thought everything was going well
3 weeks went by with no return call on the info i ask for
started calling the shop number over and over no answer no voice mail
tried e-mail no answer
this past week i called the mfg in Co. lloyd he told me that Vandyke had made no such order i am screwed
searched internet found his mothers phone number called she told me that he was at the shop i called and called no answer again
Tuesday this week called local Police station in his town were he lives desk sargeant told me that he still had a building but didnt know if he was still building any guns he also told me that I wasnt the only one with this same problem
the sargeant also told me that he had screwed over his employees the sargeant told me my best option was to get a lawyer

in short I wanted to spread the word that this gunsmith was taking money and building nothing

i have retaind a lawyer I will send a letter to the ATF of Kanas, the local sheriffs dept of Crook county and the Attorney General of Kanas seeking possible prosecution I highly doubt that I will get my deposit back