• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Badger M5 DBM and C.O.A.L.

RUBICON

Private
Minuteman
Aug 17, 2010
I was wondering if anyone knows if installing a Badger DBM would accommodate longer rounds than the stock hinged floor plate on my gun. I have a Remington XCR Compact Tactical in .308. I'm shooting 155gr. Lapua Scenars currently, but I'm thinking about loading 208gr. a-max and would like to not hand feed each round.

A guy on Longrangehunting measured 5 different AI mags and came up with an average of 2.888, which should be longer than your factory internal mag. My internal mag on my 5R measures 2.840 with calipers.

I was wondering if anyone knows if installing a Badger DBM would accommodate longer rounds than the stock hinged floor plate on my gun. I have a Remington XCR Compact Tactical in .308. I'm shooting 155gr. Lapua Scenars currently, but I'm thinking about loading 208gr. a-max and would like to not hand feed each round.

I do believe its somewhere around 2.88-2.89" without Modification. I can only speak for AI AICS mags... however I do believe there are Aftermarket brands that allow close to 3".

Detachable Box Magazine and Combined Overall Length, aka Overall length of Cartridge

My 175smk COAL is 2.94x. A friend has a Alpha mag type 2 and it fit with room to spare. Now like posted above I need to trim my feed ramp some.

PS I am looking for a Alpha mag type 2 :)

The badger DBM on my 300winmag allows me to seat the Berger 210s and Hornady 208s way out far. I'm using a Bat HR repeater