• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ballistic X - Group Size

Hello all!

I have been incredibly busy with an accidental day job I began during this past 1.5 years. As a consequence, Ballistic-X has been neglected and I have dropped the ball in being the kind of Company I intended. (Clearly the App does not generate enough income for me to retire and do just the App). I have no excuses! For the past year, I bet I have gotten 3-5 emails per week requesting the Advanced Toolkit with Mean Radius I promised almost one year ago. There are SO many other features I intend to offer as part of the Toolkit that just are not in the cards immediately, but will come as funds allow. The original $7.99 spent gives one the App, in its current form, for life. Its already had several features added at non additional cost to users. The Toolkit will have to be something that generates something steady for Development, otherwise it will not sustain. I will be launching it at $9.99/yr which will be a discount from the $19.99/yr aim. Once I arrive there, I intend to have auto-processed targets, multi-group targets, etc. For now though, I need to produce SOMETHING for everyone who has supported the App! The Advanced Toolkit is really only for ~5% of the current Audience I expect...but it needs to exist!

On Monday, May 23rd, the next iteration of the App will be launched. I will then be facilitating any bugs as with initial launch. This is tedious, but I have not had the time to do this well until recently. I am here. The App is not going anywhere, and I promise to do better!

$9.99/yr sounds more than fair for the advanced features. Summer is coming, and shooting season with it, so I’m ready to subscribe when you make it available.

I appreciate your transparency and honesty. Hard to find these days where blaming and excuses seem to be the norm.... Thank you.

As far as I am concerned: you're forgiven (another thing that seems to have gone "out of style").

And I will gladly pay $10 annually for some of the more advanced features — up to $20/y if the app really does everything (short of pulling the trigger, that is....😄).

This is good news! 👍🏼

Matthias

Reactions: tnichols
Since I'm new to this and using your app I have to ask the following:

MEAN RADIUS as compared to GROUP: Can you briefly describe the differences and how the info is intended to be used??

I do have input about the app: When using the OVERLAY and ADD LABEL feature I can't seem to place the label at the top of the data panel. I like to place the cartridge/bullet info within this data panel. Just something I noticed when using the app.

That helps, but I'm not a math wiz by any stretch. I understand the definition (hence the big picture), just not sure on some aspects of the info the app gives us.
I'm just trying to understand the key differences of MEAN RADIUS as compared to GROUP as given by the app results.

The app is saying I'm holding a .55"MOA MEAN RADIUS and 1" GROUP. Is the term GROUP the same as saying EXTREME SPREAD?

I'm not a deep diver in PS. I'm just a tadpole.

That helps, but I'm not a math wiz by any stretch. I understand the definition (hence the big picture), just not sure on some aspects of the info the app gives us.
I'm just trying to understand the key differences of MEAN RADIUS as compared to GROUP as given by the app results.

The app is saying I'm holding a .55"MOA MEAN RADIUS and 1" GROUP. Is the term GROUP the same as saying EXTREME SPREAD?

I'm not a deep diver in PS. I'm just a tadpole.
I think this article does a little bit better explaining them along with some graphics:

So GROUP and EXTREME SPREAD is the same while MEAN RADIUS is it's own.
I understand what the data/numbers are giving me now. Thanks to all who replied!