• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ban on 1:7 twist

Nathan11B

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2011
Osseo, Minnesota
www.facebook.com
Okay question for all of you AR 15 gurus. So I'm talking to a gunsmith buddy of mine. He just told me that it's illegal for a civi to own a 1:7 twist barrel for an AR and I have a hard time believing this. Does anyone know anything about such thing ? I've done a little research and so far nothing is popping up to be true.

Re: Ban on 1:7 twist

he is a fucken idiot, he probably wants to sell you what he has in house.

He's a fool, if he's that dumb on this subject ask yourself if you want him working on your firearms.

Run, don't walk. That is a either a catastrophically stupid, or exceedingly dishonest smith.

I wonder if he has some old Colt public policy confused? I say that with 1 9 twist and 1 7 twist Colt.. like "large pin/small pin"

Never heard of it before though.

Nah its the 1:6 that are mil only
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Run from that gunsmith as fast as you can. He's a complete retard and doesn't know what he's talking about.

</div></div>

+100000

Get out before he installs a barrel in backwards.

a 1/7 twist is about as illegal as a barrel shroud...

I dont know what the hell you guys are talking about because I got a 1-7 1/2 so count me out!
laugh.gif

Aron-

Wow, a new low for stupidity from a supposed "gunsmith".

I hope he only works on airsoft stuff.

First time I ever heard anything about a twist rate being illegal. Get a new gunsmith.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: supermoto917</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nathan, time to look for a new gunsmith to work on your toys. </div></div>

No kidding.

Give me a shout if you need any help.

Thats frickin hilarious! Bring him to a shoot so we can pick his brain for more details on this and other important gun facts!

And definately dont let him touch your guns!

He's the same clown who also believes M16's were designed to induce end over end flight of the bullets it shot.

And that Columbus discovered America.

Yeah guys it's true, only in California though. You can get one however, if you send $300 to the Attorney General and have a good enough reason to have it...

Looks like im fucked 3 times too.

That guy is not a gunsmith. He is a jackass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTisinger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah guys it's true, only in California though. You can get one however, if you send $300 to the Attorney General and have a good enough reason to have it...

</div></div>

What???

Post a link to this rule as I've got to see this for myself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTisinger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah guys it's true, only in California though. You can get one however, if you send $300 to the Attorney General and have a good enough reason to have it... </div></div>
laugh.gif

Actually, the Attorney General is too busy and subcontracted the issuance of 1-7" twist rate certificates out to me.

To get a certificate just send me $300 (checks payable to cash) and I will send you a certificate for your 1-7" twist rate barrel on your gun. You need one cert per gun and everytime you rebarrel you need another cert.

I think everyone should shoot 1-7" twist rate barrels and shoot them alot and use beach sand as a cleaning agent.

If you call today you will receive a t-shirt that you can proudly wear to your next shoot that has a copy of the cert with your name on it boldly printed on it. But that is only of you order today.

Remember I am making this sacrifice of my time and energy to help make sure you all have the proper certs.

Have a nice day,

Bernie Madoff
Federal Penitentiary

How can someone make such claims?

I just can't blieve it.

I get these stupid comments all the time, and they'll fight thinking what they say is right trying to make you look like a fool....

I've learned to just go 'ohhhh, ok, I had no idea!' and stop being part of the conversation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RWSGunsmithing</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTisinger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah guys it's true, only in California though. You can get one however, if you send $300 to the Attorney General and have a good enough reason to have it...

</div></div>

What???

Post a link to this rule as I've got to see this for myself.</div></div>

When will the sarcasm font be released for use by the general public?

Okay good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I read all the comments. After the conversation from yesterday I do believe liquor was involved in his error although I cannot tell you how much as the conversation took place via email. At this rate he hasn't touched any firearm I own.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RWSGunsmithing</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTisinger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah guys it's true, only in California though. You can get one however, if you send $300 to the Attorney General and have a good enough reason to have it...

</div></div>

What???

Post a link to this rule as I've got to see this for myself. </div></div>

He's joking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nathan11B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He just told me that it's illegal for a civi to own a 1:7 twist barrel for an AR and I have a hard time believing this. Does anyone know anything about such thing ? I've done a little research and so far nothing is popping up to be true. </div></div>

tumblr_l9ur65eFrA1qdtibzo1_500.jpg

"It's all ball bearings these days!"

He can probabaly shoot dimes at 10,000 yards too! I think my BS meter is now stuck in the max position... I often wonder how these people even get certified.

Gun Smith folklore has reached a new level! Did he tell you mercury tipped bullets will blow an elk into pink mist too? What a duche-nozzle.

Hey LT (If I have the right Nate)...is this the Duluth Gander Mtn? If so run away...whats his name? GM likes to move their smiths and I'd hate to run into him in the cities.

Topher

Wow. That's possibly the single dumbest gun-related bs I've ever heard.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nathan11B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Okay question for all of you AR 15 gurus. So I'm talking to a gunsmith buddy of mine. He just told me that it's illegal for a civi to own a 1:7 twist barrel for an AR and I have a hard time believing this. Does anyone know anything about such thing ? I've done a little research and so far nothing is popping up to be true.
</div></div>

Please send me a message and let me know who this guy is. This deployment is almost over and I'm headed back to Duluth, don't want to chance having whoever said this do any work on any of my guns.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chris_K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey LT (If I have the right Nate)...is this the Duluth Gander Mtn? If so run away...whats his name? GM likes to move their smiths and I'd hate to run into him in the cities.

Topher </div></div>

I don't let GM touch my guns after watching what they did with my brothers .22

he probably didn't have any 1:7 barrel in stock at the moment and didn't want to find one so made up a stupid story to cover the fact that he too lazy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTisinger</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RWSGunsmithing</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTisinger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah guys it's true, only in California though. You can get one however, if you send $300 to the Attorney General and have a good enough reason to have it...

</div></div>

What???

Post a link to this rule as I've got to see this for myself.</div></div>

When will the sarcasm font be released for use by the general public? </div></div>

Agreed, although it <span style="font-style: italic">is</span> close enough to April fool's day to be optional.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lock me up.

Edit... what is the name of said "smith" so I can ensure he never even lays eyes on anything I own. </div></div>+1 big time there KNIGHT11B4. I have never heard of such a thing and if it was true, I would be in trouble too.
crazy.gif