• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Banish 30 Suppressor

I'm sitting on a plane... so I can't take a picture of the actual baffle. But basically the circled tab broke off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220617-200902_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220617-200902_Chrome.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 81
I'm sitting on a plane... so I can't take a picture of the actual baffle. But basically the circled tab broke off.
So what I am trying to say is on this baffle, the tab is really a shelf. It’s a simple right angle with material relieved from the right and left of it.

I’m trying to wrap my head around someone grinding off an entire shelf off of baffle (vs a freestanding tab). Love to see a pic.

Here is a picture. The alignment tab is broken off... vs one that didn't break off.

Attachments

• 20220620_201242.jpg
    20220620_201242.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 146
  • 20220620_201328.jpg
    20220620_201328.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 161
Reactions: carbonbased
Therefore that one will not seat and keep the alignment of the baffles. Currently I am using that one as the first one into the can, so at least the baffles will align correctly, but the whole baffles set can still spin. Not sure what the affect on accuracy is because of this? I've been hesitant to keep shooting it like that.

Therefore that one will not seat and keep the alignment of the baffles. Currently I am using that one as the first one into the can, so at least the baffles will align correctly, but the whole baffles set can still spin. Not sure what the affect on accuracy is because of this? I've been hesitant to keep shooting it like that.
Whoa! That looks like a straight up warranty issue. I’d reach out to Silencer Central. Don’t call Mack Bros, as they will just refer you back to SC to start the process (been through this with a non-warranty issue).

well documented how to clean them...

Pretty sure its in every page for TBAC cans

Get a TBAC and don't look back

I too am looking for my first can, and was assuming a serviceable can would be the better route, but most posts here say otherwise. So okay..., but I don't see how ounces of carbon over time, to the end of a barrel, wouldn't change the barrel harmonics a little on an ultra-accurate rifle. Or maybe it does and people are effectively tuning it out as they constantly re-work loads...which is also fine.

As for cleaning, if a person were to soak for 24 hours in CLR every couple hundred rounds, would that effectively eliminate the carbon build-up by never letting it take hold?

Thanks is advance!

I've got two TBAC 30p-1's and a Varminter 3.0.
I actually prefer the Varminter 3.0 over the TBAC's.
Funny I was just telling a guy on here about the banish being high end and just as good as tbac.
After they were ganging up on a guy saying tbac is the best and nothing comes close even they admitting had not shot or owned a banish. Probably only ever had a tbac

I have a Banish 30. Somehow I broke one of the tabs on one of the baffles. Not sure how. I emailed the company to see about a replacement for it without a single reply. I'd like to see better customer service before recommending.
They have a warranty.
Those guys are super busy selling new cans for commission(reason they shouldn’t have them in commission in my opinion) just call and talk to customer service

Called 3x so far and one email. They keep telling me they will send me a warranty return kit... must have gotten lost in the mail... guess I'll call again, and keep you all informed of the progress.

Funny I was just telling a guy on here about the banish being high end and just as good as tbac.
After they were ganging up on a guy saying tbac is the best and nothing comes close even they admitting had not shot or owned a banish. Probably only ever had a tbac
Now compare that banish to the 7 year old Ultra series or the new Magnus and Dominus and tell me how good they are. The 30P-1 hasn't been made since the Ultra came out.

Plus TBAC has a far superior customer service department. I've never used it but at least I know I'll be taken care of. Even SiCo has a better customer service dept. I sent my Harvester back for warranty and they re-cored it and had it back to me in 10 days.

I too am looking for my first can, and was assuming a serviceable can would be the better route, but most posts here say otherwise. So okay..., but I don't see how ounces of carbon over time, to the end of a barrel, wouldn't change the barrel harmonics a little on an ultra-accurate rifle. Or maybe it does and people are effectively tuning it out as they constantly re-work loads...which is also fine.

As for cleaning, if a person were to soak for 24 hours in CLR every couple hundred rounds, would that effectively eliminate the carbon build-up by never letting it take hold?

Thanks is advance!
I too had your idea and bought a take apart can and wouldn’t again. They are a pain in the ass to clean, have more moving parts to go wrong such as end caps loosening, and mine even with the detents for baffles ends up changing my zero every time I disassemble it. I treat it like I do my centerfire cans now and just carbon lock that sum bitch together.

Going forward…. On a centerfire, sealed can made of titanium that I can use harsh chemicals like clr in.

Thanks is advance!
Doing that every few hundred rounds is way overkill. More like every every 5-10k. I’ve got just over 1K on mine between 4 calibers and various barrel lengths with no reduction in accuracy.

Reactions: kthomas
Now compare that banish to the 7 year old Ultra series or the new Magnus and Dominus and tell me how good they are. The 30P-1 hasn't been made since the Ultra came out.

Plus TBAC has a far superior customer service department. I've never used it but at least I know I'll be taken care of. Even SiCo has a better customer service dept. I sent my Harvester back for warranty and they re-cored it and had it back to me in 10 days.

Well a fair a comparison would be the banish 30 gold to the magnus and I would say they are pretty comparable in terms of quality suppression, ammo rating
The 30 gold is rated for -36 db I believe

Well a fair a comparison would be the banish 30 gold to the magnus and I would say they are pretty comparable in terms of quality suppression, ammo rating
The 30 gold is rated for -36 db I believe
I’m saying tbac aren’t good I’m saying they aren’t the only good can there are multiple cans that are just as good and some prefer just
Like on here where dude has 3 cans and prefers the banish and their old model which their new gold model is superior to

I have a Banisher 30. No complaints.

As to the user serviceable argument. <shrug> It's a user preference.

Some like mil-dot reticles, some like Christmas tree reticles. 🤷‍♂️ People need to quit thinking everyone is just like them, and accept that some people like to be able to clean their suppressors completely. In fact, some like the option of cleaning a can themselves because they understand that those companies that offer "free cleanings" may not always be accessible in times of turmoil.

Suppressors are just another tool. Treat them accordingly.

JMTCW...

I have a Banisher 30. No complaints.

As to the user serviceable argument. <shrug> It's a user preference.

Some like mil-dot reticles, some like Christmas tree reticles. 🤷‍♂️ People need to quit thinking everyone is just like them, and accept that some people like to be able to clean their suppressors completely. In fact, some like the option of cleaning a can themselves because they understand that those companies that offer "free cleanings" may not always be accessible in times of turmoil.

Suppressors are just another tool. Treat them accordingly.

JMTCW...
Modular is the way to go for being able to clean them.
I really like the frog lube for cleaning cans

Reactions: MarinePMI
Well, son of a gun. I used Froglube to lube a stubborn brand-new Savage A17 (17 HMR), which was my first and only Savage. It was a complete POS that didn't cycle more than 5 rounds even after a trip to the factory. I just remember that Froglube overwhelming minty smell and I guess I associate it with that darn A17.

I guess if Elite Iron likes it then it is probably good. I have a bipod of his and it is nice.

Reactions: BTap
Well, son of a gun. I used Froglube to lube a stubborn brand-new Savage A17 (17 HMR), which was my first and only Savage. It was a complete POS that didn't cycle more than 5 rounds even after a trip to the factory. I just remember that Froglube overwhelming minty smell and I guess I associate it with that darn A17.

I guess if Elite Iron likes it then it is probably good. I have a bipod of his and it is i
I trust elite iron as their products have been as good as any that I’ve used
Another cleaner I want to try is the new boretech suppressor cleaning system but they are a little proud of it 89$ for cleaner or 250 for system and if froglube keeps working as good as it does I’ll stick with the that.
I like boretech for cleaning my rifle also had good luck with kg industries cleaning products. Hell even Lucas worked great for me. Guess if you maintain your rifles m/cans witb half decent products that’s all you need it’s the people that don’t clean until their stuff is half not functioning then do a rush job

I guess if Elite Iron likes it then it is probably good. I have a bipod of his and it is nice.
Their pods are top of the line. Probably the best for elr prone that I’ve used personally

Have a Spartan Valhalla for hunting(light weight)
Then a accutac FC-5 and elite iron 50 cal
All three are better than anything I even knew existed 4-5 years ago.
Wanna try a mdt on the nrl rifle I’m building they seem to get some praise

This is not the first I’ve heard of Silencer Central being shady or shitty. Plus that whole “ship to your door” thing has gotten quite a few cans stolen (“misplaced” 🙄) by shipping employees and porch pirates over the years. Not really a fan of that whole idea since I trust most people about as far as I could pick them up and throw them. No first-hand experience, but I won’t deal with them. Just my personal opinion.

Even with the recent website issues and the ATF creating some new BS issues with the eForms, Silencer Shop has always been really good to me. So I’ll keep using them, and recommending them.
It’s funny you bash them without personal experience. I just got my b30 back after screwing up my baffles by not indexing them correctly. They were awesome to deal with and wishing two weeks total I had it back in perfect condition. As for the other person that bashed them for mailing to your door and porch pirates stealing them, they require a signature to deliver them. If you sign for it and leave it on your porch you’re stupid and don’t deserve a suppressor! All I know is I like mine and the company has been very good to deal with during, and after the sale.

It’s funny you bash them without personal experience. I just got my b30 back after screwing up my baffles by not indexing them correctly. They were awesome to deal with and wishing two weeks total I had it back in perfect condition. As for the other person that bashed them for mailing to your door and porch pirates stealing them, they require a signature to deliver them. If you sign for it and leave it on your porch you’re stupid and don’t deserve a suppressor! All I know is I like mine and the company has been very good to deal with during, and after the sale.
Yeahhh the whole signature thing has been completely ruined by covid

You know how you dont have to worry about baffle index? Buying a tbac

I think it’s funny you’ve been around since 2017, but only made 4 posts, one of which is the above, defending a company with mediocre suppressors, and you haven’t contributed anything else to the form in going on 6 years. No red flags there at all… 😂

That’s great that you like yours, but no thanks, I’ll stick with actual quality cans. 👍🏼

Can't comment on the Banish quality, only been around one a little bit but it sounded decent. I just wanted to add for anyone reading this thread in the future, YES you do/should clean centerfire cans! IDK where this idea sprouted that you never have to clean them, and why people keep parroting it, but if you shoot enough you will fill your can full of carbon and screw it up. And I have personally had the issues of carbon flakes falling back into the bolt lug recess and preventing the bolt from locking up - not good when you're in the field. Just buy a can from a good company made of quality materials so you can soak it in CLR. I also just started using Bore Tech's cleaning system that is safe for all materials and it shows a surprising amount of promise. But for cheap and easy CLR is the way to go.

Reactions: SupressYourself
Yes, you have to clean centerfire cans, unless you only shoot like 20 rounds a year. I find that every 1000 rounds deposits a few ounces of carbon. So unless you like your can getting heavier and losing suppressing performance, you need to clean it.
And user serviceable cans are not a "gimmick". It's a useful feature that makes them extremely easy to clean. I have just one that doesn't come apart, and it's a multi-day pain in the ass to clean.

Update on my can... I got it back after warranty work. It indexes... but that single baffle didn't really get replaced. Just a minor "edit" (which I can't really tell what they did) but it's still missing the full indexing tab. It indexes now... but only time will tell on how it holds up over time.

My experience with Silencer Central has been good I have 5 cans purchased through them some their brand some others. Process has been simple, convienent and quick. They have always answered my questions ( I have my salesman's cell number) but I have only been dealing with them for the last 2 years. I was under the impression Mack brothers made quality cans but could be wrong as above poster says they aren't. I believe GAP sells some made by them but some know better. Also I haven't posted much so by others standards you can ignore this post just my experience.

As far as being a TBAC fanboy goes...after being really disappointed with a AAC SCAR-h back in 2009, the experience of shooting with my 1st TBAC (30BA) was a huge improvement in not having POI shift all over the place every time I removed & replaced it on any of the several barrels I used it on. If buying & trying different brands of cans wasn't such a PITA due to the NFA BS, I'd likely have experimented with a wider range of other makers' cans. But when you're buying a can, you're not only investing the $$$ in it, but also a significant amount of time that's wasted while waiting on getting your tax stamp back. And if you've found that the can you bought doesn't work as well as you'd hoped, you're more-or-less stuck with it. I was fortunate to find a class III SOT who owned a FN SCAR-H and who wanted the AAC can for it, or it'd still be taking up space in my safe and reminding me of how useless it was for my needs. So once I shot with that TBAC 30BA that did all I expected of it, I had reason to expect good results with the products they make, which is why I just kept buying TBAC cans - 30CB9, Ultra 7, Gen 2 Ultra 7 w/6.5 aperture. And their service & quality is why I sent the old original 30BA back to have it re-cored with the Ultra baffle stack & CB mount. No regrets with having bought any of these TBAC products - only regret is having suppressors on the NFA list in the 1st place. That keeps me from wanting to gamble on other makers' products - I'm 71yrs old, and the waiting time between filing for & receiving a tax stamp for a suppressor uses up a far larger % of my remaining lifetime than it would for a younger shooter.

Reactions: kurtispalu
My Banish 45 (a pistol suppressor) came out of the box with the baffle clips offset by 180 degrees. I've seen testing from SilencerCo that recommended aligning the baffles, but there's nothing in the Banish manual to say to do this. The way they indexed/keyed the baffles allows for full alignment or offset 180 degrees or random. Also the blue baffles don't have keys/indexes so they can be totally random. Ugh.

My Banish 45 (a pistol suppressor) came out of the box with the baffle clips offset by 180 degrees. I've seen testing from SilencerCo that recommended aligning the baffles, but there's nothing in the Banish manual to say to do this. The way they indexed/keyed the baffles allows for full alignment or offset 180 degrees or random. Also the blue baffles don't have keys/indexes so they can be totally random. Ugh.
What I did on some suppressor I own with non-keyed baffles is:
  1. get a carbide ”scribe”
  2. take the baffles out
  3. hold them together
  4. with medium pressure scratch a slightly diagonal line down the baffle stack
It probably won’t be a nice straight diagonal scratch, which is fine as what you’re doing is making a reference mark for reassembly that works only one way.

Try to only do this once, as if you fuck up and keep on scratching shit is gonna get confusing fast. Might hold the baffles in a vise, I suppose, with wood jaws.

Maybe I’m dumb. But it works.

Does that keep the baffles together when tightening the end caps? I found with the Banish 45, the different module piece / end cap piece would cause that last blue baffle to keep turning independently of the stack. This may not be an issue for the Banish 30 / Gold so YMMV, but it took a lot more effort than it should have to keep all of the baffles aligned while tightening all the pieces together!

Does that keep the baffles together when tightening the end caps? I found with the Banish 45, the different module piece / end cap piece would cause that last blue baffle to keep turning independently of the stack. This may not be an issue for the Banish 30 / Gold so YMMV, but it took a lot more effort than it should have to keep all of the baffles aligned while tightening all the pieces together!
The scratch? No, that doesn’t do anything as you tighten the end cap.

If you’re talking about the vise, that has only the function of keeping the baffles together as you scratch a line.

I don’t own a 45, so can’t help there. And with a pistol suppressor, it’s not like you have the accuracy requirement of a precision rifle suppressor (unless you’re shooting something I’m not unaware of). Don’t sweat it.

Good evening. My two cents on the Banish 30.
The Banish has been my very first suppressor, enticed by the possibility of having it shipped directly to my door. After that, I bought a YHM R9 (always from SC) and a Nomad 30 from Silencer Shop with two more R9 still in the approval process, one from each vendor.
IMHO,
Pros:
-In its full configuration is pretty quiet, I shoot 223, Grendel, Creedmoor, and Blackout without hearing protection, the 308 instead with them because the bang is still too loud to be comfortable shooting without.
-the direct thread makes it consistent when trying to shoot accurate
-the titanium alloy makes it very light
-the possibility of servicing it by myself makes it easier to clean the hard carbon deposits on the bafflers
-The sale team of Silencer Central has always been great, making the purchase, paperwork, and process smooth and flawless.
-I can't really say anything about their service team since I didn't have to deal with any problems so far, but once, I contacted them for a potential substitution of one of the extension baffles, and they were quick to answer and seemed willing to help.

Cons:
-The direct thread makes it a pain to move it from one gun to another... I need to remove all the flash-hiders/brakes from each rifle, and since I have quite a vast collection, it is not ideal. Both the R9 and the Nomad 30 have the option of a quick connection to a proprietary flash hider/muzzle brake and that makes everything quicker (at the expense of a bit of accuracy, I guess)
-Servicing it by myself it is becoming more and more of a pain when I have to reassemble the suppressor and put back the baffles in the tube... since I cannot ever clean 100% of the carbon residues from the baffles, most of the time I spend a lot of time trying to push the indexed baffles in the tube enough to screw the extension back enough to make the sealing O-ring disappear (as per instructions)
-It is long. It is perfect if mounted on a precision bolt rifle, but on any 16" carbine, it is cumbersome.
-the finish on the suppressor could be better; After some months of moderate use and cleaning, some parts of the external tube shows discoloration or color changes... it hasn't happened so far with either the R9 or the Nomad 30
- The "shipping to your home" it is nice, but for some reasons, once the suppressor is approved, it may take another three weeks before you can put your hand on it for real.... it seems like the suppressor is shipped from South Dakota to an FFL in your state that in turn will ship it to you.

Bottom line:
It is a good suppressor that I think would make the best companion for a precision rifle rather than an Ar-like carbine. It is expensive, but it is very light. The noise reduction is pretty good. I am not sure I would buy it again, considering the price and the versatility I would need from a suppressor that I want to mount on dozens of different weapons. The Banish gold may be a better choice since it has the quick attachment option, but the price seems a little overboard to me. The Banish 30 is currently mounted on a Bergara B14 HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor, where it really shines and where I plan to leave it for the time being.

Good evening. My two cents on the Banish 30.

Cons:
-The direct thread makes it a pain to move it from one gun to another... I need to remove all the flash-hiders/brakes from each rifle, and since I have quite a vast collection, it is not ideal. Both the R9 and the Nomad 30 have the option of a quick connection to a proprietary flash hider/muzzle brake and that makes everything quicker (at the expense of a bit of accuracy, I guess)
-Servicing it by myself it is becoming more and more of a pain when I have to reassemble the suppressor and put back the baffles in the tube... since I cannot ever clean 100% of the carbon residues from the baffles, most of the time I spend a lot of time trying to push the indexed baffles in the tube enough to screw the extension back enough to make the sealing O-ring disappear (as per instructions)
-It is long. It is perfect if mounted on a precision bolt rifle, but on any 16" carbine, it is cumbersome.
-the finish on the suppressor could be better; After some months of moderate use and cleaning, some parts of the external tube shows discoloration or color changes... it hasn't happened so far with either the R9 or the Nomad 30
- The "shipping to your home" it is nice, but for some reasons, once the suppressor is approved, it may take another three weeks before you can put your hand on it for real.... it seems like the suppressor is shipped from South Dakota to an FFL in your state that in turn will ship it to you.

I avoided the Banish 30 and Banish 30 Gold (two different designs) because of the direct thread / TBAC CB format (respectively). Ecco now makes a HUB/Bravo adapter for the Banish 30 so you can use your favorite muzzle devices/mounts. I ended up buying Ecco's Banish 45 adapter so I can run Alpha devices or SiCo/Rugged pistons for my Banish 45 instead of the janky proprietary threading/piston design.

I agree, the re-assembly is a super hassle. I played around with my Banish 45 multiple ways to figure out an easy way to get all the baffles to line up properly after tightening the tubes/pieces and it isn't 100%. I hope the Banish 30 is fool proof to get the baffle clips lined up... not only is my OCD acting up but it will affect precision.

As for the shipping to home, I think I figured it out.
Silencer Shop, Capitol Armory, and Silencer Central all feature the same ship to your home service (Silencer Shop is a bit different). After the eForm 4 is approved, Capitol Armory and Silencer Central send a notification to your CLEO. Silencer Central claims they are required by law to wait 7 business days after your CLEO is notified so they can deny you getting the can for whatever reason. If nothing is heard back, they ship it to their FFL located in your state. That's the person listed on your Form 4 as the in-state FFL. It's just some dude that is operating from their house under Silencer Central or Capitol Armory. For my state, the Capitol Armory FFL is like in a strip mall straight out of the Accountant. So the can gets shipped to that in-state FFL, and then the FFL has 24-48 hours to ship it to your house. This is why there are quite a few complaints about Silencer Central taking up to 21 days to get the can to you after the Form 4 was already approved.

Silencer Shop is different in that once your Form 4 is approved, you are supposed to be able to go to the FFL/dealer you selected and go to pick it up instead of waiting for it to ship.