• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bank of America to McMillan, we don't want you

raider1v1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2010
Kansas City, MO
this seems to say it all

If you owned a business that continually screwed over its customers, you would not want them to be armed either I guess.

a6cPz.jpg

Re: Bank of America to McMillan, we don't want you

Calling themselves "Bank of America" seems hypocritical if they are against guns but what can you expect from a company that foreclosed on someone that didn't even have a mortgage.

Wow.... I quit using them about 5 years ago due to multiple fees that made no sense. The last year I got paperwor in the mail saying I am 6 months behind on my account and they have been charging me overdraft fees of $125 every month.. SO pretty much I had a $750 bill sitting there to pay off. Safe to say I told them to F off, and had a nice little chat with the bank manager. They deleted my account and cancelled all the overdraft fees. I will NEVER do any business with them ever again.

Does anyone have the list of gun friendly companies? I have seen it somewhere online before.

BofA can suck it!

Really surprised though considering the firearms buisness is one the strongest in these times...and with elections coming up, prices/demand will both sky rocket.

I stopped having anything to do with them years ago for many other reasons.This is just one more...........Fuck'Um!

My family and I cannot stand BofA for many other reasons. This is only justification for despising them further. Thank you!

Well, needless to say we no longer accept credit cards issued by BofA any more so any of our customers who bank with BofA or have credit cards issued by them might remember what "YAHOO" means.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pusher591</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Really surprised though considering the firearms buisness is one the strongest in these times...and with elections coming up, prices/demand will both sky rocket. </div></div>
Truth be told the firearms industry doesn't produce a lot of money. in 2009 the 600 some-odd manufactuerers of firearms and parts shipped 3B in inventory, not profit. Colt posted 16 someodd million in revenue in 2010. By comparison last year Exxon posted 30B in profits, Apple 14B, Coke 11.8, Disney 3.9, and Home Depot 3.3...just in profits. The truth is that in the grand scheme of things the firearms industry brings in less money than one would think.
It's a totally bag of douchery, but then again BofA lost 2.2B last year. Smart decisions aren't really part of thier MO lately.

I cant stand Bof A. Years ago, I had a account with them and then closed it due to there rediculous fees and BS charges. My EX wife, wrote a bad check on the account that I closed. After a lenghty dispute and investigation the truth came out and they realised it wasnt me that wrote it. However the fuckers Black flagged me. So needless to say, i havent used them in years. BofA can suck a fat one!

I just applied for a cabela's card to replace my BoA bass pro. I know Cabela's isn't the best replacement but since my local Bass Pro Shops have ridiculous gun/reloading restrictions (they're anti-50BMG), now charge TAX on online orders, and now BoA is anti gun, I can't wait for my Cabela's card to come in so I can tell them to shove it!

Never delt with them, never will. Anyone who charges you to use your own money deserves to go belly up. The damn problem is if they were about to the damn government would bail them out.

I quit BofA years ago because of their BS and when I made it a point to say I loudly that I was closing my account there were several others in line doing the same thing. I will make it a point to share this latest info with family and friends.

There's a great article about BofA in the new Rolling Stone. I read it at the newsstand because I would never buy Rolling Stone but the article caught my attention. I have some insider information so I know it's not all exactly accurate but it is pretty close. Worth a read if you need a reminder how fucked up our government is.

I had my own run in with BofA years ago. They had a grand scheme of not crediting their credit card payments to the accounts proptly so they could charge everyone a late fee. After a few months of dealing with this bullshit, I got the great idea to go into the local branch to make my payments in person. They still posted 30 days after I made the payment in person at the local branch. They got their balls crushed for that one in a class action suit. My share of the $400M payout was like a $1.43. Woo-hoo! I think the breakdown of the fine showed about 80% went to the lawyers.

Bob

To bad Mcmillan is not a minority owned company, they could file a discrimination suit and retire with the settlement. Suit could be justified on race and not on what is manufactured, I bet BOA would love to keep you as a customer if that was the case.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FALex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My family and I cannot stand BofA for many other reasons. This is only justification for despising them further. Thank you!</div></div>

Couldn't agree More...

Well that was stupid. City did the same thing, paid them off and canceled them. BOA was paid off and canceled.

BTW BOA is being thrown out of WV. Bad business practices from what we were told.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: halcyon575</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just applied for a cabela's card to replace my BoA bass pro. I know Cabela's isn't the best replacement but since my local Bass Pro Shops have ridiculous gun/reloading restrictions (they're anti-50BMG), now charge TAX on online orders, and now BoA is anti gun, I can't wait for my Cabela's card to come in so I can tell them to shove it! </div></div>

Here ya go man. They're all crooked. I have a Cabela's card too. Cabelas Visa Card - World Foremost Bank

The Bank of unAmerica - America in name only.
mad.gif

I stopped using them since the '90's due to their ineptitude and shady practices.

Just called and canceled my BOA visa. When asked why I told them that their anti firearm stance in business is why and sited McMillan specifically.

From FaceBook

McMillan Group International

McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years. Today Mr. Ray Fox, Senior Vice President, Marlet Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking came to my office. He scheduled the meeting as an “account analysis” meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them. He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.
At this point I interrupted him and asked “Can I possibly save you some time so that you don’t waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer want my business.”
“That is correct” he says.
I replied “That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won’t mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone one I know that BofA is not firearms industry friendly?”
“You have to do what you must” he said.
“So you are telling me this is a politically motivated decision, is that right?”
Mr Fox confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing let for him to say.

I think it is import for all Americans who believe in and support our 2nd amendment right to keep and bare arms should know when a business does not support these rights. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. When I don’t agree with a business’ political position I can not in good conscience support them. We will soon no longer be accepting Bank of America credit cards as payment for our products.
Kelly D. McMillan
Director of Operations
McMillan Group International, LLC
623-582-9635
1638 W Knudsen Dr
Phoenix, Arizona 85027
McMillan Integrity-Global Vision
www.mcmillanusa.com

Good for you Rob. More people need to stand up to these shit head companys, it's time to stop them from enforcing there rules and start playing by our rules.

Move to USAA or maybe a local Credit Union. I would bet the NRA has a list of 2A friendly banks also.

I work for a major bank...and you couldn't pay me to bank with any of them.

Absolute Bullshit!!

Screw them, I am done with them too. When I get back to base in the morning I am changing my direct deposit. I have had that account for 25 years, they bought out the bank I started my first account with.

Done deal.
Thanks for the heads up.

I will also send an e mail to them stating that this news has caused me to immeadiately cancel my accounts as well.

I'll point out the obvious.

Not only are the anti 2nd Amendment, but they have become anti Military.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AREAONE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To bad Mcmillan is not a minority owned company, they could file a discrimination suit and retire with the settlement. Suit could be justified on race and not on what is manufactured, I bet BOA would love to keep you as a customer if that was the case. </div></div>

Sad..... but true

Just canceled my CC with them as well. When they asked my reason for cancelling, I told them it was because of what they did to the McMillan companies, and that it acknowledged that they didn't believe in the 2nd amendment.

Bank of America took a lot of money in the bailouts. I have always wondered what strings were attached to those bailouts.

Now I wonder if other bailed-out banks are making politically motivated moves to cancel certain non-politically correct accounts.

We are truly turning the corner to a fascist system. This sounds much like the Chrysler dealerships that were picked to close based on the owner's political affiliation during the government ordered bankruptcy re-organization.

I will close my B of A VISA as well.

I can't say I'm surprised by this. If I had an account with BoA it would be closed tomorrow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bank of America took a lot of money in the bailouts. I have always wondered what strings were attached to those bailouts.

Now I wonder if other bailed-out banks are making politically motivated moves to cancel certain non-politically correct accounts.

We are truly turning the corner to a fascist system. This sounds much like the Chrysler dealerships that were picked to close based on the owner's political affiliation during the government ordered bankruptcy re-organization.
</div></div>

I agree. Smells like fascism from the top to me..the elite picking who is gonna be able to do business and who isn't. BS

with all the attention this is getting, im sure by tomorrow there will be a bank publicly asking for them to open an account. my bet would be USAA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Raider1v1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">with all the attention this is getting, im sure by tomorrow there will be a bank publicly asking for them to open an account. my bet would be USAA. </div></div>

USAA isn't the answer I do know from working with their home owners insurance, that part sucks

BoA is Rothschild money and if you think the other major bank families are any more pro 2A you're mistaken. They all feel this way. JPMorgan, Chase, Citigroup, all of em. Yeah yeah I know tinfoil hat yada yada yada..People that are shocked by this haven't been paying attention. Glad McM went so public and so many people are reacting. It's a good start. Sparks can turn into fires.

They did you a favor. You should not have been banking with them anyway.

Just a note to all of those closing accounts, make sure you get proof of closing your account so when they reopen your account down the road without your permission you can fight the charges the will try and enforce on their late charges / account fees.

We moved away from BofA long time ago... I hated that shit bank. unfortunately my car is still through them.

we use USAA and TD Bank now. much much happier.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: halcyon575</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just applied for a cabela's card to replace my BoA bass pro. I know Cabela's isn't the best replacement but since my local Bass Pro Shops have ridiculous gun/reloading restrictions (they're anti-50BMG), now charge TAX on online orders, and now BoA is anti gun, I can't wait for my Cabela's card to come in so I can tell them to shove it! </div></div>

Cabelas charges tax for online orders aswell, if they have a store in your state.

Has anyone seen this? it's awesome!!!

BofA 0 - Homeowners 1
laugh.gif

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MBuCSTFJffY"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MBuCSTFJffY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I was thinking about getting one of their credit cards, but not now!

Thanks for the info.

Go with a local credit union banks don't really care about the local businesses.

I have had my business account with BofA for 8+ years and have been using their merchant processing service. Both of those will change this week to a local CU. I won't tolerate this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just called and canceled my BOA visa. When asked why I told them that their anti firearm stance in business is why and sited McMillan specifically.</div></div> Good on you Rob. Almost makes me wish I had a BofA account to do the same, but USAA and Navy Fed are too damn good to me.

BOA has been shitty for a long time. At one of their locations in Jacksonville, FL they had a banner that said "No ID Required" plus some other shit in spanish. Hopefully enough people will close out their accounts with them and they'll go out of bussiness, oops I forgot they are too big to fail

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cummins cowboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Raider1v1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">with all the attention this is getting, im sure by tomorrow there will be a bank publicly asking for them to open an account. my bet would be USAA. </div></div>

USAA isn't the answer I do know from working with their home owners insurance, that part sucks</div></div>
I've used USAA for everything for quite awhile and have never had a problem dealing with them. Even when snow blew in through our house and collapsed the ceilings, and when I ripped a gash all the way down the passenger side of my Discovery. Their banking options are better now than ever since they've started opening up the financial centers. Care to expand on your bad experience with thier homeowners insurance, and what that has to do with their Banking? I'm willing to bet there are few people on here who would be interested to hear about it. Maybe start up a thread do it doesn't derail this one.