• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Barrett 98B

Re: Barrett 98B

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blackpatch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I Own A 98B - I Also Own A CheyTac .408 - I Shoot 3 Days A Week - Rain - Heat - Cold - Wind - 3 Days A Week No Matter What - I Can Wring Out 1500 Yards With My .408 Fairly Easily - Mostly Due To The Fact That I Happen To Own A Couple Thousand Rounds Of Lost Hills Ammo - Anyone Who Says They Are Hitting At 2000 yards With A Barrett 98B .338 Lapua Is Either Lying Or Nuts - I Can Reach Out To 1200 Yards On A Perfect Day - And At That Range You Arent Getting Any Better Then 18" - Thats With 300 Grain Hand Loads - And A NightForce NXS 5.5-22X56 - At 1000 Yards I Can Drill Steel Targets All Day Long With It -Anywhere Inside Of 1000 Yards It Is Deadly Not Matter What The Weather - High Wind I Shoot 250 Grain Ammo - I Love 98B Because It Is Cheaper To Shoot Then A .408 - Not To Mention That You Can't Even Buy Lost Hills Ammo Any Longer </div></div>

Well my friend seems you don't know what you're talking about.

He killed the two insurgents as he protected his troop commander, whose vehicle became trapped in a field in Helmand Province and started coming under fire.

Cpl of Horse Harrison, from Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, was using the British-built L115A3 Long Range Rifle, the army’s most powerful sniper weapon.

It is only designed to be effective at up to 4,921ft – just less than a mile – and capable of only ‘harassing fire’ beyond that range.

To compensate for the spin and drift of the bullets as they flew the length of 25 football pitches, Cpl of Horse Harrison reportedly had to aim 6ft high and 20ins to the left.

In a remarkable tour of duty, he cheated death a few weeks later when a Taliban bullet pierced his helmet but was deflected away from his skull.

This guy was shooting a 338 lapua magnum. The 338 is superior to the 50 cal when you get out there because of the unstable 50 cal bullets. Good thing this guy believed in Kentucky windage or he would of never hit anything.

Benchshoot, you do realize that you are arguing with a guy that has one post on this forum and that was 10 months ago??

I know it's been awhile since the last post, but I'm considering the 98B. I know there was a factory recall. Does anyone have any idea what serial #s the recall affected?