• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bartlein Barrels Update

Incredible. Should've lead with that instead of posting irrelevant information in a thread about bartleins lead times, but I digress.
Seen a few of his posts. This is typical and not worth the time. Best we move on and get the thread back on track 👍

Bartlien barrels; worth the wait.

As stated above, plenty of stocking dealers w inventory in standard twist rates. I keep a few spares at the house and have a few on order in custom contours w fast twist rates. Bartleins are worth the wait.

The entire world is on backorder :p

I ordered a 400MOD, .264, 8.25-7.5, MTU from Frank's outfit (and I agree...Mark in Sales is a true gem of a person and a real asset to his company) and will maybe get it in April.

So, I found a 7.5 Heavy Varmint blank in 416R at Bugholes and bought it. Then I found an M24 blank in 7.5....same place.

THEN, a member here...super duper guy, @sam1colt...had the exact barrel I have on order with Bartlein and sold it to me for Bartlein invoice.

If some people spent as much time looking around for barrels as they did shitting on Frank's thread, I bet they would find what they are looking for.

Last edited:
I ordered a 400MOD, .264, 8.25-7.5, MTU from Frank's outfit (and I agree...Mark in Sales is a true gem of a person and a real asset to his company) and will maybe get it in April.

So, I found a 7.5 in 416R blank at Bugholes and bought it. Then I found an M24 blank in 7.5....same place.

THEN, a member here...super duper guy, @sam1colt...had the exact barrel I have on order with Bartlein and sold it to me for Bartlein invoice.

If some people spent as much time looking around for barrels as they did shitting on Frank's thread, I bet they would find what they are looking for.
Bugholes is a great source

Damn I have a Bartlein 308 5r blank sitting in the garage. Prolly the holly grail piece these days. LOL Its BS that this administration can do this much damage this fast. Sad actually.

PB
Obummer said it best elections have consequences.

I got all mine from Bugholes. Might have him source me with all that is needed for a .223 bolt gun.
I have a rifle smith to do the work.

PB

I finally got my Forbes 20b sent to Southern Precision to get it rebarreled with a Bartlien featherweight. It came in awhile ago but work and other crap kept me from getting it sent out. I don’t see much info on their barrels in that profile, but I bet it will be a winner if I do my part with the 5lb setup. The original .308 barrel was horrible

It didn’t take that long maybe 2 months for something not in stock

I ordered a .264 MTU BBMOD400 5R left gain twist barrel from Bartlein in early Jun and just got the shipping notice today so like 7 months. Wow, truly didn't seem that long, it was less than expected, and ain't bad at all in today's environment where even grocer shelves are empty.

@Frank Green - This transaction was excellent and I would most certainly again order from Bartlein. Good job, mate.

Also, my highest compliments to Mark in TS/Sales. In all ways he made this ordering process super easy (incl a later change to go with left twist), his technical competence and ability to communicate same was outstanding, and he is a friendly, calm, and accomodating person on the phone. IMO, he is a real asset to Bartlein and I wouldn't hesitate to take his guidance and advice for any future barrel purchases.

All in all, I'm a very happy customer.

Last edited:
Found a .308 M24 1/9 30” at Altus and a .308 Heavy Palma 1/9 30” at Bugholes. Got both quick as a flash. Already sent one to DST for chambering and threading for my 300 PRC build.

My new fast twist 338 shipped today!
AC7BC808-66E9-4EC3-A997-919E19A564C6.gif

How long did it take?

I was very pleasantly surprised to get my .264 LGT barrel in the MODBB steel in six months as I was anticipating more like 8-10.
That’s because they do a lot of 6.5 batches. The more boutique the caliber the longer it can take. I’m working on my 2022 orders this week. I’m hoping I see them before the end of the year. But I’m patient. Bartlein has always been so good to me I won’t go anywhere else.

How long did it take?

I was very pleasantly surprised to get my .264 LGT barrel in the MODBB steel in six months as I was anticipating more like 8-10.
Ordered it in early June
I wasn’t expecting it till March.
It’s a non standard twist and length for the contour

Last edited:
Reactions: Baron23
@Steel head - you go fast for your 265 badland solids?
You still sticking with the edge, or jumping to 33XC? (enquiring minds want to know :) )

Had one 1.350 shank MODBB 30 cal ship last week. My 1.350 shank MODBB 338 cal should be a few more weeks....💪

Thanks Bartlein

Last edited:
Emailed Mark a few times to get questions answered. They have been great and I will be ordering barrels soon. Was going to order just one, but running a bighorn tl3 so want to test out switch barrels and run multiple calibers. So ordering at least 2 barrels maybe 3 lol.

Reactions: buggz
Guys....I'm not going to be on the forums as much anymore. Not that I don't want to but things in the gun world (world in general) are not getting any better and just pressed for time. As of right now I'm actually saying things are getting worse as of right now and I see no let up thru the rest of this year and into early next.

So with that being said...if you want to get a hold of me and or us...email us thru our website at [email protected]

If there is a question you have and or want us to check out a particular thread....send us a note.

I'll check out threads here and there and log in once in a while just not as often.

Later, Frank

Guys....I'm not going to be on the forums as much anymore. Not that I don't want to but things in the gun world (world in general) are not getting any better and just pressed for time. As of right now I'm actually saying things are getting worse as of right now and I see no let up thru the rest of this year and into early next.

So with that being said...if you want to get a hold of me and or us...email us thru our website at [email protected]

If there is a question you have and or want us to check out a particular thread....send us a note.

I'll check out threads here and there and log in once in a while just not as often.

Later, Frank
Hang tough. The World's a better place with Bartlein barrels.

Project turned into 3 BBs and two other Bartleins. Just a note on threading and chambering: zero noticeable difference between BBs and the others. They cut like butter. A few pics of the project:
IMG_2176.jpeg
IMG_2177.jpeg
IMG_2185.jpeg
IMG_2215.jpeg

Reactions: viking78
Shorty is 22XC now tucked into a folder. 3 BBs are also 22 XCs; 2 Tikka, 1 AT. 5th Bartlein is 6.5 cm cut for Tikka

Reactions: Frank Green
Everyone.....

Due to changing circumstances, we have been forced to change our barrel pricing policies.

Any existing orders that have been placed with us and confirmed will be honored at the confirmed price. However, any future order prices will not be guaranteed until the time of shipping. According to the projected increase in materials there could potentially be a 5-10% increase over the confirmation price for all barrels.

Thanks to our customers and thanks for the understanding and patience!

Any questions let us know.

Later, Frank

Everyone.....

Due to changing circumstances, we have been forced to change our barrel pricing policies.

Any existing orders that have been placed with us and confirmed will be honored at the confirmed price. However, any future order prices will not be guaranteed until the time of shipping. According to the projected increase in materials there could potentially be a 5-10% increase over the confirmation price for all barrels.

Later, Frank
Sheesh. Its getting crazier and crazier. Best of luck Frank.

Everyone.....

Later, Frank
The policy change is utterly understandable...what is not so understandable is how we have been led by our political so-called leaders into this despicable state of nonsense.

Also, understand why you can't spend as much time here as previously. But I do want to thank you so very much for your participation and outstanding open and transparent communications on all things barrel related. I found everything you posted to be very valuable.

Best of luck to you and Bartlein.

The policy change is utterly understandable...what is not so understandable is how we have been led by our political so-called leaders into this despicable state of nonsense.

Also, understand why you can't spend as much time here as previously. But I do want to thank you so very much for your participation and outstanding open and transparent communications on all things barrel related. I found everything you posted to be very valuable.

Best of luck to you and Bartlein.
Thanks Baron23 and to everyone else and again not just for the business but understanding!

Yes they have made a mess of everything! Not just for the firearms industry but any and all industries.

One customer messaged us thru our FB page. An electrical contractor. He said they ask for a quote and it's good for one hour!

I still am waiting for a dishwasher I ordered last October and my heating bill (not just here at work) at home has doubled since this time last year!

Yes everything is a mess!

I still am waiting for a dishwasher I ordered last October and my heating bill (not just here at work) at home has doubled since this time last year!

Yes everything is a mess!

I've had a broadcast studio engine in the manufacturers shop since a year ago February. They can't get motherboards for it! (Supply chain issues) Fortunately they gave me a loaner, but at this point it's more like a permanent swap.

All the best to you and the team at Bartlein. Keep up the good work.

Reactions: Frank Green
My 6mm left-hand gain twist carbon fiber barrel arrived 5 months early. Caught me with my pants down since I just barreled the action with an off the shelf Bartlein carbon fiber. Guess I will have to hang onto a bit or build another 6mm chambering. It was a good surprise, but probably made during an earlier than scheduled run of 6mm barrels.

Reactions: Mkwyo
I got a Bartlein .264 MTU blank in 8.25-7.5 LGT and sent it down to Altus to be chambered and added to the Deviant action and TT Diamond trigger I bought from them.

I'm pretty sure I've read Frank say multiple times to let the barrel tell you what's going on and that's what I did during break-in. Shot 2 single shots, cleaning after each. Second shot did have copper but not a ton. So, I shot a 3 shot group and again, it had some copper but very little. So, I shot this five shot group which for me is excellent shooting. First three went thru the hole on the right and then it was late and I needed to get out of there so I rushed the last two with obvious results. Almost no copper after the 5 shot group so I declared break in as being done.

1653696631860.jpeg

I bore scoped the throat before firing and while I'm not gunsmith and not an expert in chambering barrels by any stretch, I found the lead to be very smoothly cut with the lands tapering down evenly and ending very cleanly. And Ern's excellent work (Altus) showed during this break-in.

I'm very happy with this barrel and all of the work and products that Altus supplied. They are first rate, IMO.

You need to stop jackassing around and tighten up those last two.......haha.

Just wait until it really settles in.....

Thanks for the kind words.

Ern
Hi Ern!!

I was going to call Al this week and ask him to pass on my highest compliments on this BA but here you are.

You do truly beautiful…nay, artistic…work and I couldn’t be happier.

Question…and this is out of ignorance and just based on stuff I’ve read…but, I understand that no bores are drilled utterly straight and that barrels shoukd clocked when mounted to put the high spot at the top.

True?

And do you do that routinely, or it depends on the blank, or it’s all bunk?

Thanks again.

Hi Ern!!

I was going to call Al this week and ask him to pass on my highest compliments on this BA but here you are.

You do truly beautiful…nay, artistic…work and I couldn’t be happier.

Question…and this is out of ignorance and just based on stuff I’ve read…but, I understand that no bores are drilled utterly straight and that barrels shoukd clocked when mounted to put the high spot at the top.

True?

And do you do that routinely, or it depends on the blank, or it’s all bunk?

Thanks again.
I challenge you to find a bartlein with enough runout to matter on the bore.

Baron23 - depending on your work holding setup on your machine while chambering you certainly can time the "banana" in the bore. There are plenty of riflebuilders who do exactly this......I used to be one of them. I have since figured out a different setup entirely and it has been working outstanding.

As for the purpose of timing the bore curvature at 12 or 6?......it just allows you to keep the bullet path straight as opposed to adding unwanted/unfactored windage at distance.

I ran into this with a Romanian PSL years ago. I did EVERYTHING to that rifle........a shit ton more than I should have (young and dumb) and it actually shot pretty good about .75moa

Long story short the scope was offset from bore centerline.......so zeroing at say 100yds........caused an Xing effect and I always had unexplained impact shifts that worsened with greater distance.

Then the lightbulb came on.......I re-zeroed to match the scope/bore offset and it was true all the way out. I just had to adjust my aiming position for close up shots.

The same thing can happen with a untimed bore (on a smaller scale most likely).......and you use up unnecesary windage adjustment in your scope.

I like having my scope as close to mechanical zero on windage as possible.

I feel there are other advantages to how I setup barrels now......but I keep those close to the chest for sure. I have been getting great feedback from shooters I know can drive them straight.

Ern

• Love
I am ALWAYS astonished at the level of performance we as shooters get from barrels that are literally machined barstock. Not to mention the multiple companies and workers hands ALL the parts/reloading components go through before punching holes in paper.

My hats off to all the barrelmakers and the precision rifle industry as a whole.......it literally is in the details.

Ern

Ordered my barrel on the 6/24 and it arrived today 7/1 thanks Frank and your crew. Its a .30 cal 5R #9 rot 1-11, looking forward too getting the rifle built.

Thanks, Phil.

Attachments

• 1D90192F-A1EF-4F30-AC56-A986EFCBD42A.jpeg
    1D90192F-A1EF-4F30-AC56-A986EFCBD42A.jpeg
    542.2 KB · Views: 141