• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bartlein New Barrel Material 400MODBB

What kind of ES do you have? The math does seem a little out of sorts but I'm not familiar with the Dasher like I am the CM.

The old barrel was always slower and needed more powder. My Fiancées 6 Dasher is the exact same as mine, chamber, bullets and powder used. Only difference was hers is regular Bartlein stainless and hers was always more efficient than mine.

My old 6 Dasher barrel needed 31.8 of IMR4166 to achieve 2805 FPS with 109 bergers.

Fiancées 6 Dasher would run 30.7 of IMR4166 for the 2805 FPS

This new barrel seems to be in line with how fast her barrel is. So gonna assume the old barrel in general was just slower and need more of a slap to get rounds out of the barrel.

Reactions: Earnhardt
What kind of ES do you have? The math does seem a little out of sorts but I'm not familiar with the Dasher like I am the CM.
Todays ES was 7 FPS with a 7 round string. Average of 2862 FPS. This is with the new barrel.

Todays ES was 7 FPS with a 7 round string. Average of 2862 FPS. This is with the new barrel.
Oh ok. I thought you might have some real ES numbers since you seem to shoot a lot and with that load. Your ES is still probably good. Even still, ES is probably not why the numbers look a little funny. Hard to belive you didn't get more rounds out of that modBB barrel. That's not consistent with every other one I've seen numbers on but there's a lot of factors to that so who knows

Your round count and that barrel being shot out. That’s pretty normal Numbers in my opinion.

Figured the Mod400XYZTUV barrel would last much more than that.
Well, that was the round count so I’m not sure what to tell you as I keep logs of all of my barrels round counts. Got the barrel directly from Bartlein too as a MODBB barrel.
Considering it was a lot slower barrel than my fiancées dasher’s barrel it could have just been a barrel that just gave out earlier than most.

Not gonna let one sample size give me a bad taste for the barrel material.

Reactions: Earnhardt
Oh ok. I thought you might have some real ES numbers since you seem to shoot a lot and with that load. Your ES is still probably good. Even still, ES is probably not why the numbers look a little funny. Hard to belive you didn't get more rounds out of that modBB barrel. That's not consistent with every other one I've seen numbers on but there's a lot of factors to that so who knows
I’ve seen regular dasher barrels that didn’t last long compared to others give out around 1,100 and they were run at moderate speeds such as 2800-ish. So if this barrel was just a sample that gave out early for the material it’s still good in my opinion since it lasted longer than regular stainless that gives out early. We shall see how this new barrel performs now over time now.

I just switched over to 15.5 after running out of 4166. But I’m now over 300 rounds with this barrel and 15.5 and love it so far.

Last edited:
I’ve seen regular dasher barrels that didn’t last long compared to others give out around 1,100 and they were run at moderate speeds such as 2800-ish. So if this barrel was just a sample that gave out early for the material it’s still good in my opinion since it lasted longer that regular stainless that gives out early. We shall see how this new barrel performs now over time now.
Yeah I'd be interested to know how the next one does for you for sure. I thought dashers were supposed to be easier on barrel life than cm but as I said, there's a lot of factors involved in the number of good shots you get out of any barrel.

Reactions: jthor
My first dasher barrel is a MODBB barrel and I'm pretty sure she's done now at just shy of 2500. It spent most of its life shooting 112 match burners with varget at 2840FPS. Then the last 1/4 or so shooting 109 hybrids at 2850. The barrel is 23.5" long and used for PRS competitions. Last time out speeds had dropped about 60-70FPS. I did a very aggressive cleaning and the bore still looks rough and not completely clean. I'm going to pull it and start with a fresh tube. Just throwing this out there for another data point. It's my first dasher and first MODBB material barrel, so I haven't really drawn any conclusions yet. But Bartlein is definitely my favorite barrel so far.

My first dasher barrel is a MODBB barrel and I'm pretty sure she's done now at just shy of 2500. It spent most of its life shooting 112 match burners with varget at 2840FPS. Then the last 1/4 or so shooting 109 hybrids at 2850. The barrel is 23.5" long and used for PRS competitions. Last time out speeds had dropped about 60-70FPS. I did a very aggressive cleaning and the bore still looks rough and not completely clean. I'm going to pull it and start with a fresh tube. Just throwing this out there for another data point. It's my first dasher and first MODBB material barrel, so I haven't really drawn any conclusions yet. But Bartlein is definitely my favorite barrel so far.
That's consistent with what others I've seen are getting. Thank you for posting the info.

Current barrel on my Dasher is still doing well. At 1500 rounds after the PRS finale and no significant slow down yet. This barrel has seen only RL 15.5 for powder and 109s at ≈ 2860 fps.

Important to note my previous barrel that died early had a drop off of 50 FPS at around 500-600 rounds and died around 1840.

Last edited:
Well my 257 Roy is finally done. Should be a decent test. 127 hunter hammers running 3157 out of 22” barrel. But being it’s my wolf/coyote/deer gun I’ll probably never shoot it out no matter what lol.