• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Base for Win M70 LA

CLICKBANGBANG

Private
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2011
I've got a Winchester M70 in 7mm RM. I had dovetail and windage rings/ two piece base but am looking for a good scope base and quality rings. The old rings left ring marks bad in my last scope and need to be lapped beyond 1" to get strait/ round.

I'm going to be using A Leupold CDS scope so I need a 0 MOA base (only shooting to 500 yds). I'm looking at Leuy M4 base. But I would like to get a base with a recoil lug. Not sure if there is one out there.

Thanks for ant help.
smile.gif

Re: Base for Win M70 LA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: verrocchio100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmm, don't really need a base with a recoil lug shooting the 7RM IMO. I am currently using a DNZ one piece mount/ring base combo and have had no complaints.

www.seekinsprecision.com
www.brownells.com
www.dnzproducts.com
www.murphyprecision.com

Just a few sites to visit and check things over.

BTW, Cameron @ Murphy can make practically any base/ring combo you need too!

Good Luck!
</div></div>

The DNZ looks like it might be the ticket. It fits the budget very nicely. I'm looking at the ring placement for a LA and it looks like it will work. Did you check your mount with alinement bars or have to lap it? Also did you need to bed the mount?

I sent DNZ a email with a quick question. So waiting to hear back from them.

Thanks for the help.

Re: Base for Win M70 LA

Well, The DNZ was ordered. I should have it on the gun and making some noise this coming weekend.
smile.gif