• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes BC Flip up sizes

Re: BC Flip up sizes

In the first post it has SWFA 10x42 #20eye #30OBJ (both models) this is not correct. I own both models, #20 fits the first model for eye, the HD eye takes a #19eye and #30OBJ.

I went through this post and didn't see anything for the Redfield line of scopes (which I believe are made or distributed by Leupold?)

I have a Redfield Revolution scope on my Mossberg .17HMR.
It's this exact scope: Redfield Revolution 3x9-40

Can anyone advise?
I'd really like to get some BC caps for this scope.

Reactions: stello1001

anyone have a positive ID on sizing for IOR 9-36x56? Looks like #51 objective...not sure on the eyepiece? looks way bigger than their largest size? (using Midways' chart)

thanks in advance!

Nightforce NXS 2.5-10X32

#13 Ocular
#15 Objective

Wotac 4-14x44 FFP

18 eye
33 objective
Very tight fit on both.

I'll post the IOR 6.5-24x56 FFP caps later tonight, if they fit.

IOR 6.5-24x56 FFP

Objective 51
Eye The 18 will fit but it is absolutely too tight, go the next size up. I fought putting the 18 on for 10 minutes after boiling in water. It works but you will need to pry it on. Note: I left the rubber eye ring on the eye piece.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skylar@SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stevem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you say the sizes for the Super Sniper HD 5-20x50? There's a nice little ad for them next to the scope on the web site but no details. Thanks! </div></div>
Steve the caps you need are 19EYE & 40OBJ.</div></div>

Im pretty certain the OBJ is not 40. I ordered a 40 and there is no way that thing will fit.

I called Vortex and got sizes for all of their PST products

1-4x24 Eye 16 OBJ 02A

2.5-10x44 Eye 16 OBJ 33

4-16x50 Eye 16 OBJ 43

6-24x50 Eye 16 OBJ 43

I will recommend a 33 objective for the following

2.5-10X44 nikon X tactical illuminated.

14 eye and 33 objective fits fine.

Does anyone know the correct size for a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tl511</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know the correct size for a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44? </div></div>
You need 17EYE & 33 OBJ.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thedudeabides</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does anyone know what a wotac 4-14x50 needs?

thanks </div></div>

You need 18EYE & 40OBJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jh1990</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skylar@SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stevem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you say the sizes for the Super Sniper HD 5-20x50? There's a nice little ad for them next to the scope on the web site but no details. Thanks! </div></div>
Steve the caps you need are 19EYE & 40OBJ.</div></div>

Im pretty certain the OBJ is not 40. I ordered a 40 and there is no way that thing will fit. </div></div>
The 40 is not the correct size for the objective on the SS 5-20x50. The 40's intended objective size is 2.250", +.025" or - .01". The SS 5-20x50's objective OD is 2.365", so a size 44 appears to be the correct objective cap.

Dose anyone know Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 ??? both objective and eye piece. thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: victorz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dose anyone know Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 ??? both objective and eye piece. thanks </div></div>

You need 20EYE and 43OBJ.

Just confirming that the 44 is the correct size objective cover for the SS 5-20x50 HD, with the newer, thicker BC caps. Got one today and it's tiiiiiiight. May want to soften in a bit with the boiling water trick before sliding it on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PeterC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have the correct sizes for both ends of the Vortex Viper PST 6-24? </div></div>
#16 Eye and #43 Obj </div></div>

Thanks for the info! I ordered my optic today and will be grabbing the BC caps and will report back on the fit.

I had some trouble getting a correct size for my IOR 2-12x Spartan objective side. The chart on the package said it would fit but it was so tight that when I put the cover on, the polymer ring would enlarge and the flip cover would not stay closed. I swapped it out for the next size up, which was too loose. So I used some 3M painters tape and wrapped a couple of bands of it around the end of the obj, it works like a charm even on my DTA 338Lapua.

Sooo...I felt like a caveman trying to put a square peg in a round hole. I just could NOT get the cap on the end of my objective! (NXS 50mm, size 43 cap) I felt like a moron, but I finally did it! and that thing is NOT coming off! haha

Has anyone used the next size up? I'm not worried if it's not super tight like it is now, just as long as it doesn't fall off when you move the gun aroung.

IOR 1 & 4x32 Pitbull Tactical 35mm
Eye and Objective

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeremybj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I called Vortex and got sizes for all of their PST products

1-4x24 Eye 16 OBJ 02A

2.5-10x44 Eye 16 OBJ 33

4-16x50 Eye 16 OBJ 43

6-24x50 Eye 16 OBJ 43 </div></div>

2.5-10x44 has a 1.630 ocular. which means the 16 is too big. it seems the 14 would be a better fit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tango__Down</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeremybj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I called Vortex and got sizes for all of their PST products

1-4x24 Eye 16 OBJ 02A

2.5-10x44 Eye 16 OBJ 33

4-16x50 Eye 16 OBJ 43

2.5-10x44 has a 1.630 ocular. which means the 16 is too big. it seems the 14 would be a better fit. </div></div>

I confirmed this today. The #14 is the correct eye piece.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: realbass1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PeterC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have the correct sizes for both ends of the Vortex Viper PST 6-24? </div></div>

Thanks for the info! I ordered my optic today and will be grabbing the BC caps and will report back on the fit. </div></div>

Confirmed. #16 Eye and #43 Objective fit perfectly on a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50

How do the caps fit on the eye of the vortex optics? I have a PST 2.5-10x44 and it has a rubber eye piece on it and i am wondering how the caps fit over the rubber piece

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clark98ut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody know what size I'll need for a Leupold VX-R 1.25-4? </div></div>

14 eye and 2a objective worked for me, just put them on.

Hey all...I went through this thread a couple times and didn't see any sizes for the Weaver Tactical 4-20x50. also, I been having a heck of a time trying to find a sunshade for it also.

Any ideas ?

Thanks !

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pdogsbeware</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sooo...I felt like a caveman trying to put a square peg in a round hole. I just could NOT get the cap on the end of my objective! (NXS 50mm, size 43 cap) I felt like a moron, but I finally did it! and that thing is NOT coming off! haha

Has anyone used the next size up? I'm not worried if it's not super tight like it is now, just as long as it doesn't fall off when you move the gun aroung. </div></div>

Just had the same experience, took some patience to get it on and make sure the 43 cap would shut properly. I am happy, its just gonna be a bitch to remove it if I ever need to.

By the way, my brand new latest generation S&B PMII 5-25x56 shipped with a 17 ocular.

-Lee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: realbass1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: realbass1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PeterC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone have the correct sizes for both ends of the Vortex Viper PST 6-24? </div></div>

Thanks for the info! I ordered my optic today and will be grabbing the BC caps and will report back on the fit. </div></div>

Confirmed. #16 Eye and #43 Objective fit perfectly on a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 </div></div>

I disagree. I ordered the #16 and it was too big and others have commented on this as well. Everytime I engaged the release lever, the whole cap shifted askew...I knew it wasn't a fit just by how loosely it mounted. I bought the #14 and it is perfectly snug.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LightFoot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can someone help on the size of the BC Flip Ups for a Schmidt & Bender 4-16x42???

Thanks </div></div>

Don't see an answer and would like to know?

Only one way to really get that perfect fit...walk into a store that carries them and try a few different sizes. We all like different "snugness."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skylar@SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: victorz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dose anyone know Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 ??? both objective and eye piece. thanks </div></div>

You need 20EYE and 43OBJ. </div></div>

Thats what I ordered and thy're both 1 size to big. 19 eye and 40 objective is correct.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimster716</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I disagree. I ordered the #16 and it was too big and others have commented on this as well. Everytime I engaged the release lever, the whole cap shifted askew...I knew it wasn't a fit just by how loosely it mounted. I bought the #14 and it is perfectly snug. </div></div>

You might be right. Mine doesn't move as much but it moves slightly- I just ordered the 14 to see if it fits better.

I see different answers. My IOR 2.5-10x42. Illuminated. I saw 13-14 eye peice and 30-31 objective and then I also saw #19 & #28. What do I need??? Thanks in advance for any information.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeremybj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I called Vortex and got sizes for all of their PST products

4-16x50 Eye 16 OBJ 43

I was looking for these two to verify - thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggarrett1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Falcon 4.5-18x56 - 19 eye / 46 obj
Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 - 19 eye / 26 obj
Weaver Tactical 3-15x50 - 18 eye / 44 obj

Just a few I hadn't seen on here yet, or in the case of the Falcon didn't have a solid answer. </div></div>

Just a heads up...This is the incorrect size for the Falcon. The 46 obj is too small to fit. I bought two. After asking on the forum, apparently not the quality they used to be. I'm over it. I went with a Bikini.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dustingaunder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Caps for the HDMR?? </div></div>will somebody who knows post the numbers for this?

Ordered an I.O.T.A from Chuck and it comes in a #44 for the objective on the HDMR so that should be one of the numbers. Need the eye piece number