• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes BC Flip up sizes

Re: BC Flip up sizes

Update for the SWFA SS 1-4x:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The BC sizes are 19EYE and 02AOBJ

Thanks,
Dillon </div></div>

i don't know if i have had terrible luck but the last few sets of BC caps i have purchased i end up throwing out the quality doesn't seem the same as they used to be.

Im looking for the cap side for a Bushnell HDMR also, if anyone has the proper sizes, please post them up!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeremybj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I called Vortex and got sizes for all of their PST products

1-4x24 Eye 16 OBJ 02A

2.5-10x44 Eye 16 OBJ 33

4-16x50 Eye 16 OBJ 43

6-24x50 Eye 16 OBJ 43</div></div>

What about the 5-15 from Midway?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John2247</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeremybj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I called Vortex and got sizes for all of their PST products

1-4x24 Eye 16 OBJ 02A

2.5-10x44 Eye 16 OBJ 33

4-16x50 Eye 16 OBJ 43

</div></div>

The 5-15x44 is the same as the 2.5x44. I used the 14 for the objective.

Bad size on the Weaver as well. I have a 19 on mine and it's a perfect fit. Then again, somewhere else I saw 45 on the objective, and it's so loose it falls off after a few shots worth of recoil. I'd say 19 and 44 on the Weaver Tactical 3-15x50

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OldSoul</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggarrett1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Falcon 4.5-18x56 - 19 eye / 46 obj
Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 - 19 eye / 26 obj
Weaver Tactical 3-15x50 - 18 eye / 44 obj

Just a few I hadn't seen on here yet, or in the case of the Falcon didn't have a solid answer. </div></div>

Just a heads up...This is the incorrect size for the Falcon. The 46 obj is too small to fit. I bought two. After asking on the forum, apparently not the quality they used to be. I'm over it. I went with a Bikini. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boudin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The SS 5-20x50's objective OD is 2.365", so a size 44 appears to be the correct objective cap.</div></div>

I just wanted to confirm that this is correct - I just got mine today. 19 eye and 44 objective are correct for the SS HD 5-20 x 50.

Ok, I have my scope coming in Monday but wanted to confirm fit before I order from Brownells today.

Can anyone confirm the correct fit <span style="font-weight: bold">EYE 16 </span>and <span style="font-weight: bold">OBJ 43 </span>for the <span style="font-weight: bold">Vortex Viper PST FFP 4-16x50</span>? I already have an <span style="text-decoration: underline">EYE14</span> and OBJ40. Will the EYE14 work?

This is greatly appreciated since I read some sizes early on in the thread and ordered wrong sizes once.
blush.gif
. I will be ordering once again when I get the thumbs up, Thanks.

Does anyone use these on a set of binoculars?

Bushnell 3200 10 x 40
Front #29 (snug fit, not loose)
Rear #14 (a little loose but can use some tape to make it snug fitting)

Leupold VX-R patrol 3-9x40mm.

Eyepiece #13
Objective #26

i'm bummed out... My eyepiece BC flip up just broke off. New stock from Brownells, only on the stick about a week maybe 2. Didnt do anything stupid to it and it just broke off 8(

Anything better out there?

Might be stated already but Leupold VX-R 2-7x33 13 eye 15 obj. Just in case anyone is searching.

Just bought a #33 OBJ for an M8 12x40 Leupold and it was too large. Have a #31 on the way and will keep you posted

31 too big also the #30 Midway USA sent me was just right!

This table was very helpful since Butler Creek doesn't provide this type of information on their displays or products. Thank goodness for the Internet! I got a new NF NXS 5-22x50 and had no idea which one to get until I found this link! Thanks!

March F 3-24X 42mm #14 eye and #31 objective. March FX 5-40X 56mm #14 eye and #51 objective. Caps seem solid, we'll see. Have not had any break yet, but use Pelican case and just shoot at the range.

Anyone know what size Butler Creek covers to get for the Leupold Mk8 1.1-8 CQBSS?

I have a Bushnell Elite Tactical DMR 3.5-21x50 with the 34mm main tube. Which BC flip up caps do I need?

I gotta make a bikini style cover work for a Redfield Lo-Pro Wideview 3-9x. The oval shape looks funny, but I love the damn scope's ability to keep running 'yotes in view when in open areas. Quick detach mounted to my AR, it WORKS.

One came on my investment/range-only 1968 FN Browning BAR Grade 2 in .270. The correct era scope adds class to a 98% vintage rifle.

I gotta take my vintage Kahles Super 6S2 to the gunshop and get it fitted. I LOVE that little scope 'cause it's so good a light gathering, it's like having night vision.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: photoshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone tried the Butler Creek "Tactical One Piece Flip Caps"? </div></div>

I havent seen those, have you tried the "Tactical Two Piece Flip Caps"? They actually come in one piece and then "tactically" break into two pieces after very little use, allowing you to "tactically" scratch your scope up at your convenience.

After buying about 6 sets of caps from butler creek im done, havent had a set last 12 months yet. Their product sucks, and isnt cheap, screw them.

Sam,
On the inside of my caps on a MTAC 1-4 the eyepiece has 15 16 17 and the objective has 02 02A if that helps any.

I'm trying to find sizes for a Weaver rimfire 2.5-7 X 28 I purchased for my neighbor's boy. I've seen two different sizes on the old charts Weaver use to put out, called BC and they did not know, or at least the woman I spoke with didn't.
She said I'd have to call Weaver and with them I can't get past voice mail.

Measured ATACR, I came up with:
Hair under 1 3/4" eye piece and Hair under 2 5/8" for objective. Maps to #19 for eye and #51 for objective as far as I can tell.

I just bought some BC caps at Sportsman's Warehouse, BC has a book now that lists a lot of current scopes and what sizes fit what. I was surprised since my vortex HS LR was in there even though it's somewhat new. If you need a size and nobody on here has an answer, you might want to try a retailer and see if they have the same spiral reference book from BC.

For the record, I bought these sizes for my vortex 4-16 and find the rear cap to fit a little too loose for my liking. Its not going to fall off but its not nearly as snug as the front.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John2247</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeremybj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I called Vortex and got sizes for all of their PST products

1-4x24 Eye 16 OBJ 02A

2.5-10x44 Eye 16 OBJ 33

4-16x50 Eye 16 OBJ 43

</div></div>

The 5-15x44 is the same as the 2.5x44. I used the 14 for the objective.

I bought 2 sets of the BC tactical covers and they do seem much more sturdy, but only limited sizes available. More rubberized than the older caps, but I don't shoot in cold climates, so not sure how they would hold up in that environment. Seems like some company should be able to develop a sturdy flip cover that would last. Great demand with the way this sport has exploded in recent years.

Thanks for this post. I just spent (OK, wasted) 20 minutes doing a search on the whole forum for this info when I should have known there'd be a sticky already in existence. Once again, SH to the rescue.

I called Vortex and got sizes for all of their PST products

1-4x24 Eye 16 OBJ 02A

2.5-10x44 Eye 16 OBJ 33

4-16x50 Eye 16 OBJ 43

6-24x50 Eye 16 OBJ 43

The proper rear one is 14, not 16. The 16 is loose and falls off when putting the rifle in a case.

Can someone confirm the objective size for a S&B PMii 5-25x? The S&B documentation lists the objective as 62mm. This thread says it should be a #47 at 62.5mm but when I tried to order one from milehighshooting.com they insisted it should be a #46 at 61.7mm and that they don't stock 47s. So I'm stumped??

You might want to add in for the Nightforce 2.5x10x32 :
eye 13
obj 15

I know because I just bought em today at my LGS and installed them.
Way better than the stock NF Weavers.
Even the stores BC documentation didn't have the specs.
You would think after two or three years they could update it.