• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

BCM KMR vs. SLR Solo Lite rails

Tangodown911

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2008
West metro Atlanta, GA
I've been formulating my own thoughts here and I like the SLR Solo Lite. Seems rigid and super light weight. Not quite sure about KMR however. For those that have the two or have real experience with the two or can compare the two...Which do you think is better having shot and handled both?

Please give reasons. Thanks and sorry for the simple post.

I have one siting in the box that I will get on a rifle in a week or some. From just playing with it, I like it alot. Very slim and crazy light compared to the other quad rails I have.

Cousin has a KMR I got to play with. Like it ALOT and will be my next rail. Slim, light, fantastic mounting system and versitile. Its the future of FF rails.

I bet if you get the two side by side, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Both very thin, both very light, similar mounting systems. I own the SLR solo and like it, but the materials on the KMR intrigues me. The weights of the lite vs the KMR aren't too far apart so I would just pick by which one looks better. FYI the SLR 3-gun is even lighter if you don't need the full top rail.

If you're going to be using rail panels, I would go with the KMR as most keymod panels seem to integrate better with the general shape of the KMR.

I bet if you get the two side by side, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Both very thin, both very light, similar mounting systems. I own the SLR solo and like it, but the materials on the KMR intrigues me. The weights of the lite vs the KMR aren't too far apart so I would just pick by which one looks better. FYI the SLR 3-gun is even lighter if you don't need the full top rail.

If you're going to be using rail panels, I would go with the KMR as most keymod panels seem to integrate better with the general shape of the KMR.

The KMR has keymod slots on 7 sides, weighs 3 oz less and has a superior mounting system. GH

Not to mention it is BCM, which is known for putting out very high quality and durrable hard use gear.

People also convientley forget about the barrel nut/attachment. Its really hard to beat the KMR mounting system, and they are not "similar".

The SLR also has a 1.3" ID which would prevent you from using just about every can on the market. The 1.5" on the KMR allowes you to use the 1.4-1.47" ID cans common on the market.

Not to mention it is BCM, which is known for putting out very high quality and durrable hard use gear.

People also convientley forget about the barrel nut/attachment. Its really hard to beat the KMR mounting system, and they are not "similar".

While I don't deny BCM puts out good gear, I've also dealt with customer service from both companies. SLR's is far superior. I assumed the rail to nut mount was the same, guess I'm mistaken, what's different about the KMR's? I've only felt an assembled KMR so I didn't see it get mounted.

The SLR also has a 1.3" ID which would prevent you from using just about every can on the market. The 1.5" on the KMR allowes you to use the 1.4-1.47" ID cans common on the market.

One of my biggest concerns is the barrel nut attachment. KMR looks interesting and perhaps more solid....

While I don't deny BCM puts out good gear, I've also dealt with customer service from both companies. SLR's is far superior. I assumed the rail to nut mount was the same, guess I'm mistaken, what's different about the KMR's? I've only felt an assembled KMR so I didn't see it get mounted.

BCM has some of the best CS in the industry. You can call up and talk to Paul.

With that being said, not many people know because their products are among the best, they have some of the best QC out there, and their shit is as durable as it comes. Even more impressive since many pipe hitters are using their wares and using them hard.

You will be HARD pressed to find problems with BCM products, especially with the amount of product they put out.

I have several pieces of gear from BCM and they are very good. I only had one issue with an SPR barrel that just plain wouldn't shoot. 2-3 MOA with match ammo. Getting a hold of BCM CS was difficult, and their response was to just say they've never had complaints on barrel accuracy before. It took a few weeks to get them to take it back. I replaced it with a Douglas which shoots lights out.

Had a similar [but not as bad] issue with a krieger and they took it back immediately. Replacement shot fantastic.

But getting back on topic, the KMR rail is very nice, and I had no issues with it when I handled it. It wasn't out yet when I bought the SLR and if it were, I might have went with the KMR. I just looked up the installation instructions here:
http://www.bravocompanymfg.com/downloads/kmr_installation_instructions.pdf
and see how it's different now.

Looks a little more involved than the SLR. Not that's a big deal. If it works it works. That's what matters. They place a lot of emphasis on heat. I suppose the tolerances are very tight in the rail and nut.

I look very forward to trying the SLR to see what it has to offer.

Fortunately, I have had the chance to work with the KMR and I am seriously, seriously impressed with so many aspects of its design:

IMG_3502.JPG

IMG_3503.JPG

IMG_3506.JPG

The SLR also has a 1.3" ID which would prevent you from using just about every can on the market. The 1.5" on the KMR allowes you to use the 1.4-1.47" ID cans common on the market.[/QUOTE]

The KMR also has a 1.3 inner diameter. 1.5 outer.

I would probably get the midwest keymod instead of the solo, if you don't want to spend for the BCM. Looking at the pics I think the BCM has a better barrel nut design. One of the things that really bugs me about lighter rails on the market right now is that many have barrel nuts that are either finicky to install perfectly or don't hold the handguard on hard enough. Had that problem with a lightweight troy for example.

Just my two cents.