• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bear Creek Arsenal AR10 Gen 1 upper

Gunnersmate

Private
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2023
Albuquerque
BCA builds an upper with a nitrated steel barrel ( 20" ) in 7.62x51.
This rifle will be assembled as a U.S Navy MK 11 type Mod 0 clone.
Has any of you assembled an AR10 rifle using this upper? Trash or Treasure.
308-ar10-rch-upper-9255n-f.jpg

Reactions: Zolar
View attachment 8258866
That POS will not work....Buy a KAC SR25 EMR or LW Match Rifle. Or buy whatever SR25 variant you want, sell the upper to fund an EMR or LW match rifle upper. The only diff between the mk11 mod 0 and LWMR is the barrel weight. The Navspec barrel is a little heavier. I believe USASOC used the LW barrel for their SR25s (looks and functions identical to the Navy's mk11 mod 0, otherwise). All this pre-dates the M110s IIRC.

The mk11 mod 0 can will work on both variants.

I don't think I would start with a BCA for a clone'ish build.

I understand not all of us can afford a high priced starter upper, if you have bought it , I would get a lower and see if it shoots.

For me it would suck to put a lot of time and money into a build with a mediocre barrel, only to have it shoot poor groups.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarshallDodge
The only way to properly do a Mk11 clone is with an SR25 EMR/LWMR as the foundation...That said, another member, @Blackfoot 7 here did a pretty good clone using a few non-standard parts. He used a Ranier Arms Match Mk11 Mod 0 profile bbl with appears to be an SR25 upper and lower but he can correct if wrong. That particular barrel doesn't show on their website but it's worth a call into them to see if they'd produce it for you.

You could possibly use another receiver set (maybe AERO upper/lower) but anyone wanting to do a Mk11-ish build off of non-standard upper/lower receiver sets would have to confirm/deny.

Blackfoot 7's thread on that rifle is here.

• Haha
Reactions: Genesis1984
hahahahha both are garbage but saying BCA is garbage and then recommending PSA might win the 'where is Waldo' award

so much fail
And yet we have a thread up right now showing people having pretty good luck with them.

Clearly the OP is on a budget otherwise they wouldn't be looking at BCA. PSA will at least fix a problem IF they have one and some of their billet offerings at least look like an SR25.

They are not even remotely comparable. One of my local AR smiths has had to repair a bunch of BCAs that had fucked up gas ports, misaligned gas blocks, didn't shoot straight, didn't have properly torqued barrel nuts, etc.

And yet we have a thread up right now showing people having pretty good luck with them.

Clearly the OP is on a budget otherwise they wouldn't be looking at BCA. PSA will at least fix a problem IF they have one and some of their billet offerings at least look like an SR25.

They are not even remotely comparable. One of my local AR smiths has had to repair a bunch of BCAs that had fucked up gas ports, misaligned gas blocks, didn't shoot straight, didn't have properly torqued barrel nuts, etc.
stop
there are tons of threads on arfcom with bca doing well. what's your point

the shit that psa pumps out is well known, there NO refuting it

you don't call bca garbage then recommend psa, you look utterly retarded

period, end of discussion

stop
there are tons of threads on arfcom with bca doing well. what's your point

the shit that psa pumps out is well known, there NO refuting it

you don't call bca garbage then recommend psa, you look utterly retarded

period, end of discussion
I'm going by my personal experience with both products actually so I'll stand by my statement. I've had and handled and shot multiple PSA products without issue, but my LGS has had tons of issues with customers BCA products they brought them to fix. You can bash me all you want.

I'm going by my personal experience with both products actually so I'll stand by my statement. I've had and handled and shot multiple PSA products without issue, but my LGS has had tons of issues with customers BCA products they brought them to fix. You can bash me all you want.
Wait, I want to be clear:

You just said "I'm going by personal experience", then proceeded to explain to us that 50% of your arguement is in fact not based on personal experience, but what someone at your lgs told you.

You can't even make this shit up.

Last edited:
Wait, I want to be clear:

You just said "I'm going by personal experience", then proceeded to explain to us that 50% of your arguement is in fact not based on personal experience, but what someone at your lgs told you.

You can't even make this shit up.
It wasn't "someone at my LGS", it was one of their staff that builds ARs. They used to spin up custom barrels and even their own receivers there. They flat out told me a few months ago they have fixed a bunch of BCA uppers for people for some time now for a plethora of reasons they hadn't seen as often with other brands. They told me they weren't impressed and if I was looking for cheap uppers to steer clear.

I've known these guys for years and had guns serviced by them for years. So yeah, I'd say I have some pretty good info on the quality of BCA's stuff when my local smiths tell me about the problems they have seen with them. I am well aware of the issues people have with PSA products. It's why I don't own any myself despite having some in the past. But the stuff I have used, handled and shot from PSA personally has all worked fine. The SPECIFIC rifle I mentioned in my post seems to also be fine based on reports right here on SH.

Why the fuck you two decided to derail this whole thread to attack me over nothing is beyond me. Petty bullshit.

EDIT: I also don't hang out on Arfcom anymore so if there's tons of threads over on that cesspit about them, I am not aware of them. All I have personally heard about is negative or mostly negative. Whatever. Pointless argument.

Last edited:
It wasn't "someone at my LGS", it was one of their staff that builds ARs. They used to spin up custom barrels and even their own receivers there. They flat out told me a few months ago they have fixed a bunch of BCA uppers for people for some time now for a plethora of reasons they hadn't seen as often with other brands. They told me they weren't impressed and if I was looking for cheap uppers to steer clear.

I've known these guys for years and had guns serviced by them for years. So yeah, I'd say I have some pretty good info on the quality of BCA's stuff when my local smiths tell me about the problems they have seen with them. I am well aware of the issues people have with PSA products. It's why I don't own any myself despite having some in the past. But the stuff I have used, handled and shot from PSA personally has all worked fine. The SPECIFIC rifle I mentioned in my post seems to also be fine based on reports right here on SH.

Why the fuck you two decided to derail this whole thread to attack me over nothing is beyond me. Petty bullshit.

EDIT: I also don't hang out on Arfcom anymore so if there's tons of threads over on that cesspit about them, I am not aware of them. All I have personally heard about is negative or mostly negative. Whatever. Pointless argument.
Allow me to summarize everything you just said:

"I have no first hand experience with BCA products, as I previously claimed. Why are you attacking me for blatantly lying?"

Before you get too carried away, I wouldn't buy a BCA, nor would I own one. They are absolute shit. My issue isn't with the point of your arguement, it's with you claiming "first hand knowledge of both manufacturers", then immediately admitting that knowledge doesn't actually exist.

My BCA 17 HMR upper has been reliable and when I put it on paper it shot right at 1 inch. {2, 5 shots} Not bad for a rimfire. On the other hand it came to me looking like someone sprayed it with Remoil then proceeded to sweep the shop with an air hose. It was filthy like nothing I have ever seen inside and out. Like the bench at a shop where I worked, that all the old guys wore nitrate gloves instead cleaning up after themselves. It was shit pig central. My tool box and tools looked way out place there, and all clean and organized. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Also my e-mails about problems with their products went completely ignored. I had to order a magazine and a shitty BCA branded red dot to get enough in my cart for free shipping. After two weeks I got shipping notification, I received a box with the non-functional red dot and a magazine. I sent several more emails over the next two weeks about my upper and non-functional red dot with no response. I finally e-mailed that if I didn't hear from them I would call my CC and have them stop payment. Next day I got shipping notification.{Was it sent that way in a vindictive fashion?}

"Spins up their own custom barrels and even their own receivers there"

Well that made me go from has this guy seen a BCA or PSA to, does this guy even know what an AR-15 is. I am gonna have to figure out how to spin up upper or lower recovers on a lathe. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
BCA is fucking trash. A MK11 BCA? LOL

PSA will at least fix a problem IF they have one and some of their billet offerings at least look

Ohh yeah? No, not at all. They sent me the wrong buffer tube and stock in a kit. Commercial tube, mil spec stock. First Lady said they’d send out a commercial stock since I discovered this after staking the castle nut. Weeks later no stock, call again, guy says kick rocks we’re not sending you a stock because you already installed the tube, escalate it to manager who again said they’d send a stock. They never sent shit.

They suck ass to deal with. I have friends who bought LPK’s that were missing parts and got the same run around and never received their missing pieces. So no PSA does not fix their problems on the little things. If you read some of the negative reviews on their website you’ll see that they don’t seem to keen on fixing their problems with uppers either. PSA is garbage, some people get lucky, doesn’t mean they’re good.

As for PSA issues, contact Joshia on AR15.com. He will get it handled.

Talking to PSA's customer service, via the phone, is mostly a waste of time. Kinda like talking to the QC / CS at Comcast on the phone... the person answering the phone at Comcast will promise you the world.

I will add, at PSA has the gut's to maintain a public forum presence, others like Aero, and MANY others... prefer to address their issues out of the public's eyes.

I have had very good results with my numerous PSA products. I buy PSA because of the cost, that cost has allowed me to get into numerous calibers.
I like to tinker with my stuff, IE change a barrel , triggers, and small stuff as I see fit. The basic parts have been GTG for me ( and clearly 10's of thousands of others)

If someone can name a firearm manufacturer with 100% zero issues.. I would like to know who that is. And again, most all of us will never "see" those issues , because those manufacturer's aren't getting those issues shown to us. The Ruger SFAR comes to mind.

I know what I am buying with my PSA's... not the very best out there, but an average , reliable AR... kinda like buying a car.
Not all of us can afford, ( or need ) a Corvette.

"If" I wanted to upgrade any parts on my vehicle's , I can do so , at a cost I can afford.

And, FWIW, none of my dogs have ever been purebred's, but they all have been just fine for me.

Last edited:

Talking to PSA's customer service, via the phone, is mostly a waste of time. Kinda like talking to the QC / CS at Comcast on the phone... the person answering the phone at Comcast will promise you the world.

I will add, at PSA has the gut's to maintain a public forum presence, others like Aero, and MANY others... prefer to address their issues out of the public's eyes.

I have had very good results with my numerous PSA products. I buy PSA because of the cost, that cost has allowed me to get into numerous calibers.
I like to tinker with my stuff, IE change a barrel , triggers, and small stuff as I see fit. The basic parts have been GTG for me ( and clearly 10's of thousands of others)

If someone can name a firearm manufacturer with 100% zero issues.. I would like to know who that is. And again, most all of us will never "see" those issues , because those manufacturer's aren't getting those issues shown to us. The Ruger SFAR comes to mind.

I know what I am buying with my PSA's... not the very best out there, but an average , reliable AR... kinda like buying a car.

"If" I wanted to upgrade any parts on my vehicle's , I can do so , at a cost I can afford.

And, FWIW, none of my dogs have ever been purebred's, but they all have been just fine for me.
Can you clarify your point on the Ruger SFAR? I can't understand what you're saying there. Thanks

psa is such trash and ships so much garbage they've got Joshia on the forums and another guy on Reddit. Take that in.....

Imagine someone saying bca is trash then recommending psa hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Reactions: hkguns and ELCO82

I posted my issue on their industry forum trying to get it resolved and some sort of replacement parts so that I would have a functional parts kit. They locked it and banned me from that sub forum. They didn’t handle shit.

I posted my issue on their industry forum trying to get it resolved and some sort of replacement parts so that I would have a functional parts kit. They locked it and banned me from that sub forum. They didn’t handle shit.
begs the question; with all of the known psa issues just why???? why buy down when you should be buying up with prices the way they are?

respectfully

To be fair, if you pick up a dozen eggs and then drop them on the floor, the eggs WERE “handled.” Not well, but handled.

• Haha
Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
I took the rifle to the range for the first time. I had four types of M80 ball to try out.
1st was 20 rounds of Pakistani 1990 made ball, 2nd LC 1998 Ball, 3rd reloads of WC846 with147 grains M80 Ball USA made, CCI #34 primers
and the 4th 2023 Federal M80 Ball type for Police.
I brought clamp on open sights and several scopes from 4 power t o12 power.
The initial test was the open sights at 200 meters. The front sight is too tall for 7.62x51 and the rounds fired impacted at 100 meters with no adjustments left.
The first scope was a Burris fixed 12 power with a quick release mount for the Picatinny upper receiver mount. The scopes windage would not respond to any adjustment and wandered horizontally. The rifle did seem to want to shoot accurately.
The bore was cleaned after every fire shots to help break in the nitrated steel 20" heavy barrel.

AR10T1.jpg

AR10T2.jpg

AR550 target at 200 meters.

AR10T1.jpg

15 shots with Burris scope that was replaced.

The last scope tried was an ELCAN M145 scope with the 7.62x51 reticle. Several rounds were fired to adjust zero followed by 25 rounds on target. All shot fired were from the prone position, no sling.
I run a shooting club where we shoot from 200 meters out to 1,000 yards. This month will be our yearly Turkey -Shoot at 385 meters.
I took the rifle over to the firing line and was able to hit the turkey 8/10 shots with the wind blowing two shots off to the right.

AR10T3.jpg

The final target using all of the types of M80 ball. You can see the tight groups of the brighter dings where a total of 25 rounds were fired.
I did not try the M118 type loads yet as I wanted to make sure the rifle cycled as it should. There was not one FTF or FTE.
Magazines tested were USA made steel 20 round, PMAG 20 round and HEXMAG 20 round. The steel mags notch for the mag catch is slightly too low preventing the bolt from stripping off the first round of ammo.
The two plastic mags worked flawlessly.
Once the barrel is broken in I think it will be a good shooter with quality ammo and better sights / glass.
I was only expecting MOM ( Minute of Man ).

So, everyone trashing BCA and PSA, do you have personal knowledge of said trash? Have you actually owned a BCA or PSA?
Some people can’t or don’t want to spend the same amount for their guns that they paid for the vehicle.
I have owned Colts, FNs, Valmet and Chicom AKMs (pre-ban), but as of right now, I own 3 BCAs and 2 PSAs. All of them function well, zeros issues.
How about we help people instead of trash what they are talking about? You never know where they are in life, maybe they can’t afford a $10,000 to setup their rifle.
I just joined here but if this is the kind of shoot talking I am going to see, I won’t be here long.

So, everyone trashing BCA and PSA, do you have personal knowledge of said trash? Have you actually owned a BCA or PSA?
Some people can’t or don’t want to spend the same amount for their guns that they paid for the vehicle.
I have owned Colts, FNs, Valmet and Chicom AKMs (pre-ban), but as of right now, I own 3 BCAs and 2 PSAs. All of them function well, zeros issues.
How about we help people instead of trash what they are talking about? You never know where they are in life, maybe they can’t afford a $10,000 to setup their rifle.
I just joined here but if this is the kind of shoot talking I am going to see, I won’t be here long.
I’ve owned a lot of PSA parts dating back to before they really expanded their web store and daily deals. There are some good uppers, lowers, and parts to be had from PSA if you know what you’re looking for (FN CHF barrels as one example).

I’ve lost count of how many people show up to the “help me”/troubleshooting sections on forums, to eventually find out their upper or barrel was BCA. They should state that up-front so they can take it up with BCA and not use forums for their QC department.

BCA was raided by ICE for employing 30 people without legal immigration status in 2019. The quality of their products reflects a similar business approach. Low price points, roll-the-dice performance, with high likelihood of failures, incorrect chamber dimensions, bolts, out-of-spec upper raceways, springs, etc.

My suspicion is that they are using imported parts for most of the guns, then slapping them on contracted lowers in order to meet those price points, which still allows them to enjoy huge margins. You can buy a complete M4 parts kids from the Philippines for less than $200, then slap it on a US lower and voila, a sucker will buy it thinking he or she got a great deal.

Well, I need to re-phase what I own. I own 3 BCA uppers and 2 PSA uppers. I build all of my lowers, just don’t have the setup to build my own uppers.
I have had zero issues with their uppers…

Reactions: bfoosh006
Some people have landed on ones (BCA) that they say work great for them, and I don’t doubt them. But the number of people with problems is noticeably-higher than any other brand. They make Radical Firearms seem like decent guns, and I avoid those as a rule as well.

I am generally distrustful of brands that are in the volume price point and terrible CS business model. It used to be Model 1 Sales that specialized in that. You’d handle their stuff at gun shows then look for a place to wipe the soot/paint/black whatever stuff off your hands, not kidding.

I’ve been eyeball-deep in ARs since the 1980s always trying to keep up with what’s going on, and the list of companies I trust is pretty small. The list of companies I will never risk my time with is pretty long.

I have personally witnessed five uppers swallow and close on a 5.56 no-go gauge, from two different shipments.

headspace is the most basic of gunsmithing principles, if that's getting fucked up, what else isn't being done properly?

Some people have landed on ones (BCA) that they say work great for them, and I don’t doubt them. But the number of people with problems is noticeably-higher than any other brand. They make Radical Firearms seem like decent guns, and I avoid those as a rule as well.

I am generally distrustful of brands that are in the volume price point and terrible CS business model. It used to be Model 1 Sales that specialized in that. You’d handle their stuff at gun shows then look for a place to wipe the soot/paint/black whatever stuff off your hands, not kidding.

I’ve been eyeball-deep in ARs since the 1980s always trying to keep up with what’s going on, and the list of companies I trust is pretty small. The list of companies I will never risk my time with is pretty long.
Same here… my first was an XM-177E2 in the early 80s. Hate that I ever sold it!

I've been shooting and reloading for 59 years now.
Yes, I checked the head space with all three gauges and it passed with no issues.
Fired cases expand at the base .002 ( M80 Ball loads )
I've been told that the BCA barrels really like the heavier M-118 type bullets which I have on hand. I will try them next weekend.
I'll try my 500 / 800 yard loads using Reloader-15.
My ejected cases ended up about five feet away at 3:30 clock location me being 6 / 12 locating to the line of fire / ejection. None of the ejected cases struck the case deflector. Cases do not have a dented case mouth. Primers still have rounded corners.
I think the rifle has promise. I will do a range report at 500 meters and *800 yards soon after break-in of the barrel ( open sights and glass )
Thank you for the replies.
My range is divided in Meters and Yards.
25-500 meters
300-1,000 yards.
I've been running the shooting club for 28 years.

I've been shooting and reloading for 59 years now.
Yes, I checked the head space with all three gauges and it passed with no issues.
Fired cases expand at the base .002 ( M80 Ball loads )
I've been told that the BCA barrels really like the heavier M-118 type bullets which I have on hand. I will try them next weekend.
I'll try my 500 / 800 yard loads using Reloader-15.
My ejected cases ended up about five feet away at 3:30 clock location me being 6 / 12 locating to the line of fire / ejection. None of the ejected cases struck the case deflector. Cases do not have a dented case mouth. Primers still have rounded corners.
I think the rifle has promise. I will do a range report at 500 meters and *800 yards soon after break-in of the barrel ( open sights and glass )
Thank you for the replies.
My range is divided in Meters and Yards.
25-500 meters
300-1,000 yards.
I've been running the shooting club for 28 years.
glad you got one that worked for you and is safe. no snark was meant, but you can see from my previous post in the thread why I was concerned.

I shot my BCA AR10 today, looking to see which ammo it prefers. My testing has shown me that most of the MilSurp M80 Ball is worse than TulAmmo for accuracy. Zero malfunctions. It likes Hornady Match and Lake City manufactured M80 Ball and M118 BTHP.

IMG_0952.jpeg

No snark received. You posted a legitimate concern.
50 thousand plus PSI chamber pressure in front of this left hand shooters face is a big deal.

"I just joined here but if this is the kind of shoot talking I am going to see, I won’t be here long"

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

😅😅😅😅😅🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: ELCO82 and nn8734
You have to learn to ignore the boys in the group. Most of the ones who talk shit are low testosterone boys, they were the ones when you were a kid that made fun of the poor kids that couldn’t afford air Jordan’s. Lol
When they finally post a link to a youtube video or a pic with them in it, they look like those little pasty Antifa type kids, very skinny little hands and wrist. Just over look them and you’ll have some great conversations.

Last edited:
yes lol oh yes

I have budget friendly and I have break the bank

budget friendly doesn't have to mean cheap or trash just like break the bank doesn't mean you spend whatever you can on a desire. Will never buy anything from psa, you buy UP, not down

New to the forum and owner of a BCA upper/PSA lower combo in .308, and I can certainly speak to the quality issues that I've experienced with BCA. The bolt was out of spec, and after some emailing with them they told me to return the complete upper. BCA said that the gas block was the wrong size so they replaced it, fired ten test rounds (apparently not noticing any blown primers or huge gouges from the ejector), and sent it back. When I called to talk to them about it, they said that they didn't even check the bolt. They told me to send the upper back to them, and I asked why I would do that if they didn't even check everything when they had it in front of them the first time. After some arguing back and forth, I told them to send me a new BCG, and they actually did. Now it shoots like it should, but certainly shouldn't have been as complicated as it turned out to be.

With that said, my son has a PSA in .308 that has functioned flawlessly out of the box, and there have been no issues with my lower either. 🤷‍♂️

I think part of the issue with "budget" parts or guns is that just because they are cheap doesn't mean they are all bad... What buyers gamble on is getting a good or a bad example. They essentially end up functioning as the QC for the company, or beta testers for an unproven product. Personally I have better things to do than troubleshoot poor quality and/or dimensionally suspect weaponry.

To throw my hat in the ring, I have 2 PSA PA-10's. My experience has been positive with both.

One has their rack grade 18" stainless barrel. It was reliable for the short amount of time I experimented with ut, but was quite heavily gassed. I had gotten the upper exclusively to be rebarreled with a Criterion 20" barrel (which is awesome!).

The other is from a short run of PA-10 uppers that PSA made when they first introduced the Gen 2 PA-10. It has a 15" MI Gen 2 rail, a NiB bolt, and a FN CHF rifle gas barrel. It is clearly one of their more premium products. It shoots great both from an accuracy and function standpoint.

I would personally rather support a company that is has some type of reasonable customer service and attention to rectify problems, versus one that wants to sell the most of the cheapest product. Given the cost of ammo and reloading supplies that is entirely false economy.

If it works for the OP it works ... I would never run a BCA in my opinion ... that said ... OP ... make sure you check headspace and all before trusting this rifle setup ... if you haven't already done so ...

For the price. PSA makes a fine AR in 308. are they an lmt or a knights, obviously not. but they make for great hunting or truck guns. bear creek really does kinda suck though. their reliability and quality control has a hell of alot to be desired.

I just pulled the scope off my 17HMR BCA upper and sighted it in on another rifle I switch barrel around on. I noticed on the upper receiver the height of the rail is about 1/8" taller than the rail on the new hand guard I installed. I don't know if its the shitty receiver or the barrel, but sighting that scope in on something else, Bushnel LRTSi. i had to dial down 9 mils and about 13 mils of windage. Thats wright, all the way around and them some. :oops:

Also if you go find the "Bear Creek Arsenal WTF" thread. You will see they were busted for hiring 30 illegal immigrants in 2019. Had I known that I would have passed on this rat shit upper despite the low price.

View attachment 8258866
Well I'm a little late to the party.... But I have one of these built with a stainless steel 20 inch barrel. AR-10/AR-308.
I've had mine assembled now for just under a week. I've put approximately 200 rounds downrange at various distances. 50 yd all the way out to 600 so far. And it's my personal opinion based off of my experiences with my own that they are very accurate. Built beautifully right here in the USA. And so far I've not had a single failure to feed failure to eject or anything of the sort.
Mine weighs 11.2 lb in its current configuration as shown in the image.
Definitely not trash. So many people talk shit about bca. Well I'm telling you right now they are right up there with the rest of them as far as quality and dependability.
Upon close inspection.. with the upper and the lower that I put it on.. there are almost no tooling or machine marks to be found.
And for the price.... I am truly amazed. My upper and lower cost $565 including shipping.
Again I'm a little late to the party with this one.. but that's my opinion based off of my own experience.

The attached images show the BCA and PSA 10.5 in ar-15.
The 308 is a monster!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240321_210114_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240321_210114_Gallery.jpg
    338.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20240321_210126_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240321_210126_Gallery.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20240321_210148_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240321_210148_Gallery.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20240321_210155_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240321_210155_Gallery.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 22
Well I'm a little late to the party.... But I have one of these built with a stainless steel 20 inch barrel. AR-10/AR-308.
I've had mine assembled now for just under a week. I've put approximately 200 rounds downrange at various distances. 50 yd all the way out to 600 so far.
Can you talk me through how you sighted it to hit out to 600 and what size the target was?

What I’m seeing there intrigues me for your sight set-up.

Can you talk me through how you sighted it to hit out to 600 and what size the target was?

What I’m seeing there intrigues me for your sight set-up.
There's nothing special about it. I had the rifle on a rest that allowed me to sit. A friend of mine had a spotting scope of some sort. The target was 48 in by 48 in neon orange. Behind that was I don't know 20 or 30 ft I'll just natural hillside that had been dug out for gravel.

I was getting close without his help but then it was getting kind of agitating he started walking me in and that's that. There's no crazy special firearm voodoo. If he weren't there helping me I don't know how long it would have taken.

Once he walked me in.. then I started hitting it on my own.

Now when I tell you that I hit that Target at 600 yards I'm not even going to say that I was sub MOA or anything like that. Not at those distances. Not without a scope.

Let's just say if there was an entire platoon of individuals down there I probably would have hit every one of them more or less accidentally than intentionally. 😂

I do have a 1-8x28 SFP LPVO is that I I'm going to put on it the next time I go out with it. And I'm going to go back to that same spot.

Is there a way to post videos on this particular website/forum? I have a couple of cameras I wouldn't mind setting up and if I can share the experience on here I'll be glad to do so. If not.. I'll just leave my YouTube channel info here.

But yeah there's your answer. It's not Kentucky windage. It's hillbilly windage. 😂😂