• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bedding Question

Hunting_Zombies

Private
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2011
San Diego, CA
Merry Christmas everyone! Just ordered a Bell & Carlson A2 for my 700. I have been researching all morning and it seems like there are mixed reviews on whether the stock needs to be bedded or not. I've learned a ton of info here on this site so I figured this is the best place to get some feedback. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Bedding Question

Bed it.............that's not a guess
wink.gif

wnroscoe build some mighty accurate rifles so I would strongly consider what he says. Alternately, a bad bedding job will put you back from where you started. Stress-free bedding is a must if you go that route. I have gone both ways with the bedding block stocks.

i didn't bed my a2 and i can shoot consistent sub moa groups but it can hurt!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hunting_Zombies</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you all for the feedback, I really appreciate it. Now it's time for more research on the bedding process.</div></div>

I have had exceptional results with Devcon Standard Epoxy.

Rprecision...I will take your advice on using Devcon.

wnroscoe...THANKS for the link!!! I've spent some time today researching this and although you were very detailed, you were able to keep it simple for rookies like myself. Again...thank you. I'll post how it turns out when the stock comes in so other "rookies" like myself can feel confident in doing the job themselves.