• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bedding Savage stock vs new stock

rca1981

Private
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2012
Pocatello, Idaho USA
I have a Savage 10 in .308 with the basic factory stock on it. Is it worth bedding the original stock and working on it vs just saving for another stock? I was looking at the B&C Medalist and they seem to run about $250.

Re: Bedding Savage stock vs new stock

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Force_Multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">replace it... the tupperware stocks aren't worth the effort </div></div>

This, the factory stocks are crap.

Go for the B&C, you won't be sorry.
cool.gif

Regards, Paul.

We have the B&C, as well as a Choate tactical.

Either is far better than the factory stock.

What is the stock stock on that? Choate? Thats what mine came with. The B&C isnt any upgrade compared to the choate. Both are aluminum blocks but my choate tactical fit A LOT better and fit a much wider barrel. Im still sanding the shit out of the B&C just to keep the rear tang from rubbing and the barrel and pieces of the trigger inside the stock. Get an H&S. Forgot to mention. Aftermarket recoil lug also didnt fit. Had to dremal down far enough so it would sit all the way down and take the plastic off from the block so it would sit flat against it. If you go stock, the stock recoil lug has a notch for install alignment which also doesnt fit in the groves in the block. The rear action also rubbs a little so I need to take just a smidge off the aluminum so it will snug down without touching. Other then that, great stock. Anybody else have asimilar story?