• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shanerbanner10

Primer Denter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 13, 2012
    Oklahoma
    I've been outta the shooting game for a while now. I'm ready to get back in the game for PRS type stuff, but don't have a powder throw, annealer or trimmer. How have the times changed?

Is the Autotrickler V4 the go-to or is the Supertrickler the new thing? Or.... is there something else out there that I don't know about.

Annealers- Is the AMP still the go-to?

Trimmer - Guirad and Henderson still the top contenders?

Appreciate the responses!

Last edited:
    What type of reloading are you doing? Volume? Price appetite?

I would say
    yes
    yes and
    yes

If you are shooting the volume to need them and have the $$ to drop

I would say
    yes
    yes and
    yes

If you are shooting the volume to need them and have the $$ to drop
    Agree. but a lot of shooters have picked up a used V3 and supplemented it with the Ingenuity Precision powder trickler (fast and accurate)

Reactions: kthomas
    I use a Giraud trimmer, but people also seem very happy with the Henderson. If you get a Giraud, get some Hornady locking rings (or better, the Whidden locking rings that are click adjustable), if you reload multiple cartridges. This makes it really simple to swap between cartridges and not have to constantly adjust the collet depths when swapping.

I use an AMP annealer - it's super simple to use. No setting up flames and having to deal with propane pressures, etc. I'm happy with it.

I'm using a V2 with the V3 board upgrade, and just got an IP trickler. The OEM trickler was getting pretty sticky. The IP trickler sounds like it's going to be a great upgrade.

I use a Giraud trimmer, but people also seem very happy with the Henderson. If you get a Giraud, get some Hornady locking rings (or better, the Whidden locking rings that are click adjustable), if you reload multiple cartridges. This makes it really simple to swap between cartridges and not have to constantly adjust the collet depths when swapping.

I use an AMP annealer - it's super simple to use. No setting up flames and having to deal with propane pressures, etc. I'm happy with it.

I'm using a V2 with the V3 board upgrade, and just got an IP trickler. The OEM trickler was getting pretty sticky. The IP trickler sounds like it's going to be a great upgrade.

Appreciate the info. I had a Guarid at one time. Loved that thing! Also had a V2 Autotrickler. I’m not new to this by any means, I’ve just been outta the game for a couple years due to other priorities! Excited to get back at it and introduce my son to shooting.

Last edited:
    Reactions: kthomas
    precision reloading (the kind most of us do) on progressive is the future, IMHO.
    Look at the Armanov tool heads and free float lock ring.
    I’ve followed certain people and their journeys with progressives, mostly Steve Lockwood. He’s got a wealth of info on progressive for PRS.

Not a bad idea, but I’ve got my eyes on a Dillon cuz I hate reloading.

I'm not saying you're making disgusting poor noises but...

20230202_095604.jpg

While I know in my vast time on SH that this is sorta a no-no. If you are reading this and happen to have any of the stuff above mentioned for sale, PM me.