• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Being a idiot

Re: Being a idiot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 67rschev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... Hope its not the trigger hand </div></div>
+1 on that.

New perspective now- I was actually decapping live primers earlier tonight... I tap a universal decapper with a 2x4 usually in my press. No die just a shell holder all the way up. Never had one go off but also never thought anything big would happen if it did.

Glad everything is still in tact and thanks for the photos, especially the x-ray.

I'm glad I didn't see that before I tried to see if the 20mm cartridges in my shop were live or not. I don't think I would have been as adventurous as I was.... Glas to hear you are ok, too many of my customers are missing one or more fingers...

Glad you're ok. And don't feel like an idiot. Well, ok...you'll feel like one anyway. But don't get too bent about it. Shoot long enough and eventually you'll get too comfortable and do something you tell everybody not to do. It's just that for some of us the results are a little more dramatic. If I could figure out how to attach a picture I would show you the x-ray of my "you have got to be kidding me" moment. Then you would be able to say, "at least I'm not that dumb!"
grin.gif

Damn... I do that when I screw up prepped brass... Keep thinking, "If I'm careful, I'll be ok." Thanks for the lesson, I wont be doing that anymore. Glad you're ok.

I am crazy, but I have only deprimed 2 live primers and after that i was like wait. Jumping out of planes is functional and fun, shooting is functional and fun. Depriming these primers which are not spent is dumb. I soak them in water for a couple days, and then ignite them or just throw them out. If I don't throw the brass out, I fire it in the weapon system first. then deprime. (3 days of submersion was an idea I got from a dive when the waterproof bags, proved not to be waterproof.

my friend did something similar one christmas morning with a pellet handgun. he tried shooting a pingpong ball point blank between 2 fingers. direct hit on the fingertip on the back side. pellet bounces off his bone and almost came out.

The very best way to deprime live primers is to pop them first. Use your rifle. It gets dirty but cleans easy.

The manuals for my Dillon equipment say deprimeing live caps is the single most dangerous thing in the shop, not to ever attempt it. Maybe that's why the primer feed tubes are made like gun barrels!

When I was a lil kid (like 8-9), I took a .22 LR round I found, and removed the bullet with some pliers...

And for some reason I took a needle and scrapped around the inside of the shell, and...

***POOF***
My face looked like I just got done workin in a coal mine! Burnt the shit outta my fingers, and I think a lil poop shot into tighty whiteys! lol

And that was the day I learned how a rimfire round ignited powder!!! I now know how lucky I really was, at the time I didn't.

lesson learned,i hope you get well