• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Belleville Waterproof Mountain Combat Boot

Alpine 338

Lumberjack
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2010
NW Colorado
Anyone have experience with the Belleville 950 Waterproof Mountain Combat Boot?

I have a line on some of these at a very reasonable price, but cannot try them on prior to purchase. I normally wear a size 9.5 D in commercial shoes/boots, but when I was active duty, I always wore size 9 R combat boots, flight boots, and I think same size in Ft Lewis boots from what I can recall?

Problem is, I just bought a pair of the Danner Combat Hikers in 9.5R, and they are a little tight and narrow for me. So I need to verify sizing as far as running small, normal, or large for the Belleville's. Their website says they run a half size larger for their GoreTex lined boots. Is this the experience people are finding with these?

Any other feedback concerning fit, finish, quality, etc. would be much appreciated.

Re: Belleville Waterproof Mountain Combat Boot

I seem to go a half size up with Danners and the Merrels I have will add one half size up if going with Gore-tex.

I just bought a pair. They do seem to run about 1/2 size larger. First time out in them was in torrential rain with sleet and snow mixed in for about 4 hours. Feet remained dry and comfortable with a polypro sock liner and midweight sock. Quality seems to be pretty good. I give them a thumbs up>

Danners run a tad narrow and short. Use Superfeet green capsule insoles, the green capsule will control and support the foot hopefully enough to allow those Danners to fit better. Use these in all your boots but I prefer the orange capsule due to they have a pilot bump to help increase blood flow around the entire foot.

Its hard to fit boots bought from the interweb. When boot manufactures state sizing confusion about their boots, unless I had prior experience, I would be cautious.

Most boot buyers buy and use their boots too big in sizing. Its more of the last not fitting their foot but again, most buyers have no idea how to, what to look for, etc when buying and using boots, the Army, this guy, this review, the guru on the web, said these boots are the best so they must be best for me when its a false fact.

Remove the factory insole and lay it on flat solid floor. Wearing the socks you plan to wear with the boots, place each foot one at a time on its respective insole and with full body weight, there should be around 1 index finger width from your longest toe to the end of the factory insole.

Good luck