• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bench-Source Annealing Machine

dar1246

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2008
Nebraska
www.youtube.com
Just got my annealing machine. Works like a champ. You can do a lot of brass in a short time. Just started annealing and this seams to be the way to go. You can set your time, so each stick of brass is done in the same amount of time. Here is a video of the machine.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hRkyCLMrfd4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hRkyCLMrfd4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Bench-Source Annealing Machine

Nicely engineered
smile.gif

Do you think it's big enough to support larger calibers like .338LM?

Not a bad price. This and the Ken Light BC1000 are the only commercially available options I have seen.

Have you shot any of the brass you annealed yet? Why this one over
the Ken Light.?

I think it will fit a 338 lapua case. It has a lot of room past the 260 case.

I have not shot any yet. I just got it 3 days ago. I tried annealing the brass by hand. It was pretty slow. This spins the brass while it anneals it. You can set the time you want it to anneal. Also this one you don't have to switch heads for different cases. This is why I chose this machine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you think it's big enough to support larger calibers like .338LM? </div></div>

My buddy here at the Hide bought one, had it sent to me and I shipped it to him in Australia, as they wouldn't.

He shoots 338LM and it works on this cart. He (and his buddies) have done about 10,000 various cases and it's working out great.

I think he was between $450-$500, additional shipping being ~$127 to near Sydney.

While he said I could open it up and use it, it was well packed and I declined his gracious offer, but it looks to be the real deal.

Chris

I have the same one, It works and is much faster than using your fingers to turn the case. A bit expensive but you do not have to buy extra plates. I am using it on .223 and .308 so far. I shoot alot of .223 and after I clean the cases with the stainless Steel media I will run them thru the annealing machine, which drys the case somewhat.A little bit of water is still in the primer pocket,So I know the bottom of the case does not get too hot. I think it takes about 3-4 sec. for a .223 case.

Hi Chris,

just curious as to why they wouldnt send it to him in australia.

I recently looked into buying one of these for myself and posting to australia did not sound like it was an issue.

Looks like a great machine to use, I look forward to purchasing one soon

I tried a infra heat gun to check it the temp. was correct. It work great. Shoot the brass while annealing and set the time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Chris,

just curious as to why they wouldnt send it to him in australia.

I recently looked into buying one of these for myself and posting to australia did not sound like it was an issue.

Looks like a great machine to use, I look forward to purchasing one soon </div></div>

Sovereign nations have Post Offices that have agreements with each other and limit import duties vs. FedEx, DHL and UPS. My guess is, is that the annealer guy uses one of the latter for domestic shipping and didn't want to lug it down to the US post office for international shipping, like I did.

IIRC, UPS was something like ~$260. They common carriers are priced out of competitive shipping, relative to the traditional post office.

Chris

This is something I tried today. This is a temp gauge to read the brass temp as it heats up. It was a little hard to run the camera a the gun. But it kinda shows the how the annealing machine is consistent with the temp.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CU21wjeC1Xo"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CU21wjeC1Xo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Your getting your brass WAY TO HOT!!! You can see it get the neck red hot in the video. Anytime the necks turn red you have them to hot. Talking with Dave the owner of Bench-source. Told me this tip. Try your same setting with the lights off in a dark room. As soon as you see the neck just start to turn red at all. Turn your setting down 2 tens. Also thing your torches are turned up to much. I asked Dave about the temp gun. Said don't use them. The give falts reading on brass. Give Dave a call at Bench-source he is a wealth of info.

I love my Bench-source machine. Best one out there.

Just done want you to wreck your brass.