• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sidearms & Scatterguns Benchmade may have messed up....

Yep, benchmade and gillete can go sit on a cactus is today’s lesson

Literally on amazon now looking at different double edge razors lol. “Merkur” seems to be a crowd pleaser on there

Reactions: Basher
Literally on amazon now looking at different double edge razors lol. “Merkur” seems to be a crowd pleaser on there

That or Edwin Jagger. That's what I started with, and have accumulated a few others (a Phoenix Shaving Double Open Comb aka DOC, a Merkur, class Gillette Tech, and some straights). I don't feel bad about owning the Gillette Tech because it was made so long ago, so they're not seeing any of the money, and to be honest, it's my favorite razor of the bunch.

Funny how I joined here a few months ago as I was getting into shooting some long range. Who woulda thought I’d be getting life shaving lessons ?

• Haha
Reactions: jmb1911 and Basher
If this is true I may do the same to my benchmade products and cut them up. Hopefully this is not true.

I like that idea.

Just be sure to ship the mangled parts back to Benchmade, to express your disapproval. :) Doesn't do any good to cut up your stuff if ya don't let them know. :)

Guns are not always auctioned off. Bench made supports our local LE, Fire, medical. Big time. I know some guns people don’t want back because a family member took their life with it. There is many reasons LE ends up with guns that end up being destroyed. My concern is who benchmade donated money to for campaigns. Almost all Democrats. So is it all Democrats because they only had Democrats to vote for and chose the less of two evils ? It is Oregon . They could just be liberals but before I decide that I want more info .

This reads more like a gun buyback / destruction program than helping grieving family members.

I have a Zero Tolerance Policy for anti-gun political gamemanship. I don't care what other good a company might do, i.e. supporting police / fire / EMS, etc.

But that's just me. :)

This reads more like a gun buyback / destruction program than helping grieving family members.

I have a Zero Tolerance Policy for anti-gun political gamemanship. I don't care what other good a company might do, i.e. supporting police / fire / EMS, etc.

Agreed, Something is off with this. I don’t have issues with destroying guns that were taken off “the streets”. But Reaching out to a private company to destroy the guns is very odd. They go up to the state to be destroyed. Not a job solicited to local companies...

Agreed, Something is off with this. I don’t have issues with destroying guns that were taken off “the streets”. But Reaching out to a private company to destroy the guns is very odd. They go up to the state to be destroyed. Not a job solicited to local companies...

I hear ya. Tho I fail to see why any gun should ever be destroyed, unless its irreparably unsafe. Guns are inanimate objects... they just sit there in the drawer / closet / gun safe. Its the humans using them that are depraved. The failure to make this vital distinction is the entire impetus for anti-gun legislation, when what needs to be legislated / prosecuted is violent criminal human behavior.

I certainly never want my tax dollars used to acquire / destroy functionally safe firearms.

:)

I agree with ya that if its in
Safe working order etc. The guns I won’t loose sleep over are the ones with serial #’s scratched off that are passed around from shit head to shit head, to shoot other shit heads.

Either way though with these ones being destroyed, wether they are safe and functioning or not, very odd that benchmade is the one to be destroying them

Reactions: garandman

The state seized these guns. Someone did something illegal and had a gun with them, did something illegal with the gun, or the gun was forfeited for evidence. Something was shot or shot at with gun (for good or bad).
Benchmade happens to have good tools. The state and benchmade probably have a great relationship. Benchmade offered to help them.
That’s all I see. If those guns had the possibility of going back to the owner, the owner would of had plenty of opportunity to acquire them.
Now on to you. You don’t support anti gun political gamesmanship? I hope every single thing in you’re house was deeply looked into. Including the company’s investments. Don’t pay you’re taxes either. I hope you don’t own a ruger.
Have you done anything to support you’re agenda? Or do you come on here to adlib? Every time I see one of you’re posts it’s unthoughtful and emotional. This is you’re audience. You’re not going to change the world on the hide with politics.
Send letters to local government and LE. Go to the sitdowns or events that include local LE, express you’re concerns to them . Throw money at organizations you believe are doing great things. Vote.. teach people why they should vote.
Idk if benchmade is anti gun. One benchmade is in my house hold. It’s not mine. I’m not going to flame them unless someone can prove to me they hate guns. Destroying these guns is not enough for me. Guns get destroyed so often and no one knows the difference.

@CuTm ...I hear ya. And I kinda adressed all that above.

If Benchmade wants to profit off my tax dollars being used to purchase and destroy inanimate objects, that's their choice.

And its my choice to then not buy their products. That's how freedom works.

Slow yer roll, homie. :) Yer gonna bust a blood vessel.

(The large accumlation of passive-aggressive ppl in a single website is truly impressive. :) )

Last edited:

If Benchmade wants to profit off my tax dollars being used to purchase and destroy inanimate objects, that's their choice.

Are these guns from a buy back ?

(The large accumlation of passive-aggressive ppl in a single website is truly impressive. :) )
It’s a website how could you not be passive aggressive ? What am I going to reach through the screen and slap the shit out of you like you’re mother should have ?

BTW...passive aggressive is avoided by adults getting control of their emotions, rather than acting like hostile children, jacked up on too much sugar.

This has been a public service announcement. :)

Did he ^ ^ ^ seriously just ask me how much I bench press? :ROFLMAO: o_O ??:p Are we gonna have a pec poppin' muscle flex-off? :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
The guns were destined to be destroyed, one way or another, BFD who did it. If Benchmark did local LE a favor by doing it, well, I am fine with it, Do I like gun buybacks, confiscations of guns violating someone's rights, Hell no I don't.
I had bought 2 young boys griptalians right before this, a couple months ago I bought BM auto folder for myslef. I'm not boycotting shit over this one.

The guns were destined to be destroyed, one way or another, BFD who did it. If Benchmark did local LE a favor by doing it, well, I am fine with it, Do I like gun buybacks, confiscations of guns violating someone's rights, Hell no I don't.
I had bought 2 young boys griptalians right before this, a couple months ago I bought BM auto folder for myslef. I'm not boycotting shit over this one.

I disagree with your logic. I support your choice.

Hmmmm.

My pecker is shorter than all y’alls.
Even on a warm day, in a warm bath, while caressing both a matching bring-back Luger and an AIAW in 300WM.......

I have old BM knives.
Wont destroy them. Wont buy more new ones.
May buy used ones in my favorite model as BM makes nothing from it.

And still. Mine is SHORTEST!!!!

Reactions: Spblademaker
I am happy I switched years ago to CRKT. Cheap little knives that get the job done.

I disagree with your logic. I support your choice.
I have been on a one man wildcat boycott of Hollywood, the movie industry, pro sports, and the music industry for 35 yrs. Last film I saw was Top Gun in 1986, last cd I purchased was Waylon's greatest hits the day after he died, long dry spell before that. Pro football or baseball going on 40 yrs.
I am just not convinced what BM did was all that bad. Nor do I feel anyone in the company wants to take my guns from me like celebs and some singers. If I want my blood pressure elevated, I'll find a clip of maxinne waters or aoc running their pieholes, it tides me over.

In the time since the incident, I've also padded my collection with a couple Chris Reeve knives too, so I am really not a Benchmark Homer by any standard. A solid knife for a decent price when I was looking is all.

I own a large collection of knives from BM, Kershaw, CRKT, and even Cruisinart.

So long as the lifetime warranty is honored, I'll still continue to buy their products.

Dear Benchmade:

Perception is reality.

Being perceived as part of the anti-gun buyback / destruction agenda has a 75% chance of pissing off a huge sector of your target market.

Make wiser choices.

Signed,

Your Target Market

They had a huge opportunity to strongly appeal to their target market… to tell the anti gun buyback politicians to go pound sand with their gun destruction program.

And then advertise that fact.

They chose the really dumb idea instead.

No more "Bitch-Mades" in our group at all. We don't support those who don't support us, simple as that. We melted down 23 of them an turned them into a one off ashtray. Seemed like a fitting end for the only 2 guys that smoke, the woman wanted a lamp but no way in hell we were going to allow them to be made into that. Fuck Bitch Made,...