• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Benelli M4 ammo?

SSG3K

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 31, 2003
    Mi
    What can I run thru this shotgun? It has a steel shot choke in it now and thats all it says. Can I shoot slugs thru this thing or only pellets?

Thanks

Rich

Re: Benelli M4 ammo?

I have an M4 that I shoot in 3 gun. I shoot slugs with it, no problem. It is certainly accurate to 50 yards, have not tried it farther than that. I am using whatever choke came in it from the factory.

I have a Benelli M4 also and It will shoot both full house slugs and reduced recoil slugs without a hiccup. The only thing I found that it won't cycle are the winchester half and half loads. It is, in my limited opinion, the best auto shotgun!

Military 9 pellet (Winchester) 00 buck. I can empty the magazine before the first shell hits the ground and never had an issue.

it will run whatever you put through it. Change the choke out with one fo these and be done with it
    highflyerwithlogo.jpg

IC or MOD work fine in them. Same fitment for Beretta too. That will be my next gun purchase when I get a few things done in the bike dept again. I have the M1 Super 90(blow back, not gas operated)

where can I buy it? Ammo that is.
    Rich

I've run with the factory choke through several brands without problem. Haven't had a problem with Federal or Hornady slugs. Most of the time, I've shot the Mil surplus Winchester OO buck, which I got when Midway USA had their sale (which I realize is not much help right now). I still check with them to see what they've got, as they seem to have as much as anyone.

What Switchblade said... my M4 eats everything from full house to reduced recoil shells (slugs or 00 buck). I've run cases or Remmy or Winchester LE shells through it without problems.

Obviously, you don't want to be pushing bean bags, stun shells or other non-leathal type loads out of the M4 or any other semi for that matter.