• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Beretta 92 spring questions.

gunsnjeeps

Retired Swab Jockey
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2009
Norfolk, Va
Looking at changing my Beretta 92 trigger and recoil springs out. Using the Wolff 13 pound hammer spring and reduced power trigger conversion any questions on the final trigger weight? Want to shoot 3 Gun with it but keep the trigger above 4 pounds for Service Pistol.

Next question, what weight recoil spring if I'm only shooting "standard velocity" 115 grain bullets?

Not looking to add another horse to the stable... yet.

Update: for anyone interested, Wolff says 13 pound hammer spring and standard trigger conversion unit. No response about recoil springs, could be too subjective.

Update: for anyone interested, Wolff says 13 pound hammer spring and standard trigger conversion unit. No response about recoil springs, could be too subjective.
I don’t know anything about shooting 3-gun as to what you are after. I simply installed a Beretta “D” series spring in my 92, which greatly lessened the double and possibly the single action pull. My trigger is not below 4-5#.

Last edited:
Reactions: gunsnjeeps
I started with looking at the D spring, then started looking at the pistol as a whole. I have shot an introduction/ demonstration match so I don't know much either. I am interested in correcting some of the Beretta's deficiencies while keeping it Service Pistol compliant and using it for 3 Gun/Action Pistol without an AMU build. If I were buying new, which is a future option, I would probably go Glock 17 and reduced trigger pull. My current Glocks are .45 ACP.

My grips came in yesterday. I'll post a before and after type review when the rest of the parts come in.

Take a look at Wilson combat. They do a whole bunch of beretta customization. I had a bunch of stuff done including their action job and my gun shoots like a dream

I haven't made it to the range yet. The Ergo grips are a hair thicker than the factory grips but have a much better feel to them. Dare I say, gripier?

The Wolff 13 pound hammer and Wilson standard weight Trigger Conversion Unit are a very consistent 5 pound single action pull and a lighter double action than the factory springs. My scale only goes up to eight pounds.

Tomorrow is range day.

Range day. Let's start with the Ergo grips.
By a hair thicker they are 3 thousandths wider behind the trigger. Not noticably thicker in the hand but a much better grip surface. They were worth the purchase.

The hammer and trigger spring did not make the double action as light as I had hoped. Probably 9 to 10 pounds from 12 pounds or so, I had 2 light strikes in 40 rounds, needs work. The single action was an even 5 pounds over ten pulls and felt great. With old factory springs it was 5 and a half pounds average but went from 4 pounds 10 ounces to 6 and a half pounds randomly.

The reduced pull length trigger is nice for my short fingers. It sits about an eighth of an inch further back.

If I had seen the Wilson Trigger bar kit before I ordered springs I would have got it. The trigger bar is made to pull the hammer back just almost as far as the single action to eliminate light strikes.

I replaced the recoil spring with a factory weight spring, after I got my parts in a friend sent an email recommending a heavier spring.

That's my two cents. Groups yes. Reduced length of pull yes for me.
13 pound hammer spring, yes but I should have picked up the Wilson kit with the Ultimate Trigger Bar. It pulls the hammer farther back to give it more inertia in double action. Now I have to see if I can get it separately or buy the kit.