• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara b-14r pic thread

I've been quite pleased with how my B14R carbon has ran function wise in my AICS. No issues at all. I will eventually be swapping out the AICS stock back to my 308 and probably go the KRG Bravo route since it's cheap and adequate.
I've got a Bravo on my 10-22. It's nice......but it's not 'AICS nice'. My other issue is that I'm a lefty......and when I found a second lefty AICS for just a couple hundred more than a comparably equipped Bravo I sure as hell wasn't gonna pass it up!

Attachments

• 1022.VQ.jpg
    1022.VQ.jpg
    559.9 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Reactions: obx22
Colt45-AICS build looking good!
Yessir!! It's gonna look even better with the new Viperskins--nothing wrong with the current skins but I'm trying to clone my centerfire. It's hard to believe that I'm not having any trouble finding lefty skins at an aftermarket company but finding anything southpaw from AICS is like searching for the Oak Island treasure! Thanks again for the sale :)

I'm planning to shoot my B-14R in it's original HMR stock and get some baseline accuracy numbers. Then I'll install it in my spare MPA BA Comp chassis and re shoot it to see if the accuracy changes. Better or worse, who knows??? It should be a good youtube video.

Bergara_B-14R_HMR.jpg

Bergara_B-14R_MPA_BA_Comp.jpg

Reactions: obx22
New Viperskins arrived a day later than expected--it's been rainy and cold, so I had plenty of time to install them, and I took the rifle out today to enjoy the sunshine.

Shoots even better than before--the only target on the KYL that gave me any trouble at all was the 1/4", and even that one got smacked around more often than not.

B14R AICS 2.jpg
KYL.jpg

Just picked up a B14r and this thread is making me want to spend more money.

Finally put together
KRG Bravo I painted during this shit Texas weather, Sico Sparrow, Atlas Bipod, Area 419 30mm rail, Seekins Rings, and Leica PRS Scope I had on a different rifle. Everything else is stock.
EA638D59-C8F0-4EAF-A652-DE1204605026.jpeg

Last edited:
I was leaning toward a Bravo, but decided to turn my B14R into a clone of my precision centerfire. I bought a used AICS chassis from a member here and it arrived on Saturday. The Viperskins (to delete the thumbhole) are supposed to be here today. Can't wait to shoot it in the new configuration!
Nice! That was my thought too. Same as my center fire.

B14r In a bergara bmp chassis. Arca rail on the bottom with an atlas bt65. Pictured with a athlon argos and leupold rings. Recently switched to a f3r mount and a midas tac scope. Loving this setup.

Attachments

• 20221111_121228.jpg
    20221111_121228.jpg
    482.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 20221111_121153.jpg
    20221111_121153.jpg
    530.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 20221211_161118.jpg
    20221211_161118.jpg
    520 KB · Views: 108
  • 20221211_154401.jpg
    20221211_154401.jpg
    731.7 KB · Views: 98
Bringing this back up from the dead! I’ve yet to do shit with this barreled action !

Gonna be a after the New Years kinda deal me thinks!

Still working on finding the most accurate ammo for it and the best value for accuracy and price. I can't afford to shoot Tennex or RWS R50 all the time.

My B14R really likes the Norma TAC-22 ammunition, I've been using that for sub-100 yard practice for a little bit now and it's been pretty good in both accuracy and consistency.

Reactions: Shootin-blanks
Like I mentioned above, I thought I could do better on the tackdriver targets. I realized that I was having trouble keeping my ret centered in the dot....so I made my own 'precision' target.

There are 25 .15" diamonds for scoring and #26 is for sighter/adjustment. I missed 1 damn diamond by .06". Target was set up at 25 yards, and I'm going to see how bad it falls apart at 50 this weekend.View attachment 7878990View attachment 7878992View attachment 7878993

I really like my B14R
Got any info on how you came up with that target? I like it!!

Got any info on how you came up with that target? I like it!!
@Capt45

I was in a really boring and completely unnecessary meeting and started doodling in MS Word. I just clicked on the grid lines and copy/pasted the diamonds.

Nothing scientific or to any particular scale—-I just wanted a challenging target. If you want it, I can probably find it on my desktop when I get home

My B14R really likes the Norma TAC-22 ammunition, I've been using that for sub-100 yard practice for a little bit now and it's been pretty good in both accuracy and consistency.
It wasn't flash in mine. I used the rest of the brick for IPSC mini rifle.

I should really try another box from a different lot, to see it it makes any difference.

20231205_012951.jpg

Got the stainless B14r deal and Bravo KRG. It added over 3lbs going from the Carbon. Buddy got one as well. He blasted the stainless for a non shiny look. I still may do that or cerakote it black.

received_1036531980801097.jpeg

Not revolutionary more accurate than regular B14r so far. But not any worse. My buddy can afford Center X and his has been great with that. His first 5 unsuppressed groups after rough zero with SK Red box using C-X. His suppressed groups were much worse.

Screenshot_20231230_005408_Messenger.jpg

I actually can run my can on the stainless unlike my Carbon. But it's accuracy in the very very short amount of rounds fired shows its better unsuppressed. Good enough to kill stuff but not uber tight as my 77/22 suppressed. Maybe more ammo testing will lead to a better suppressed solution. SK ammo just sucks in the cold. My 77/22 using CCI sub's has been a much better cold bore, cold environment gun.

My Stainless B14R's first suppressed outting letting the rifle cold soak for a few days. Zero is off slightly from unsuppressed. Cold bore is way low. Temp was like 31°F and very light wind.
received_766639815284949.jpeg

This was the shots 10-20 out of the box after zeroing with yellow SK at 50 a week or so ago. Slightly warmer weather. No can.
20231207_164958.jpg

Last edited:
Where do folks buy their Bergara B14r barreled actions from? What dealers have the best prices? How much should I expect to pay? Cheapest I founds is $700. Is that what I should expect to pay?

Where do folks buy their Bergara B14r barreled actions from? What dealers have the best prices? How much should I expect to pay? Cheapest I founds is $700. Is that what I should expect to pay?
There’s a member on this forum that posts quite a bit with what he has in stock. I can’t remember for the life of me who it is but a quick search in the rimfire section, he might pop up.

There’s a member on this forum that posts quite a bit with what he has in stock. I can’t remember for the life of me who it is but a quick search in the rimfire section, he might pop up.
Aces and eights here in Illinois is a big Bergara guy amd usually posts and is a good guy to deal with.

I'm planning to shoot my B-14R in it's original HMR stock and get some baseline accuracy numbers. Then I'll install it in my spare MPA BA Comp chassis and re shoot it to see if the accuracy changes. Better or worse, who knows??? It should be a good youtube video.

View attachment 8056823

View attachment 8056825
Did you have to do anything to get it to work well in the BA chassis? Or just use the supplied screws and everything worked fine. Thanks for the help.

Did you have to do anything to get it to work well in the BA chassis? Or just use the supplied screws and everything worked fine. Thanks for the help.

I installed it with the supplied screws. No problem. I also had to buy an adjustable mag catch because the chassis didn't come with one. I messed with that until it fed reliably from the magazine.

I'm thinking about putting a B14r barreled action into a spare MDT XRS chassis I have. Anyone have any issues with mag fitment or anything? I haven't bought a barreled action yet, just trying to figure out if there are any issues I should expect.

I'm thinking about putting a B14r barreled action into a spare MDT XRS chassis I have. Anyone have any issues with mag fitment or anything? I haven't bought a barreled action yet, just trying to figure out if there are any issues I should expect.
For me it was a perfect fit and I have a host of magazines and they all function perfectly with the MDT XRS chassis.

IMG_3201.jpg

Got my Bergara installed in an MPA chassis this week and took it out to make sure everything was good. Target is a 10 round group at 50yds using ely semi auto outlaw ammo. One thing I still have to do is get some weights for the front to be able to balance the rifle but other than that it shoots well.

Attachments

• 20240214_142002.jpg
    20240214_142002.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 48
  • 20240216_163634.jpg
    20240216_163634.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 43
Got my Bergara installed in an MPA chassis this week and took it out to make sure everything was good. Target is a 10 round group at 50yds using ely semi auto outlaw ammo. One thing I still have to do is get some weights for the front to be able to balance the rifle but other than that it shoots well.
I have had no luck getting mine to balance with the steel barrel. I'm sure that carbon barrel will be even more of a challenge.