• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara b-14r pic thread

Since the thread is back to the top, here is my 20" Barreled action. I have an 18" HMR also. Both can shoot better than I can. On this one I used the Trigger Tech Diamond trigger and it's set to 6 oz. The glass is the Sightron 10-50X60 this is the 25003 with military reticle, I have the finer reticle on the 18" and it can get lost on dark targets.

EE.jpg

Since the thread is back to the top, here is my 20" Barreled action. I have an 18" HMR also. Both can shoot better than I can. On this one I used the Trigger Tech Diamond trigger and it's set to 6 oz. The glass is the Sightron 10-50X60 this is the 25003 with military reticle, I have the finer reticle on the 18" and it can get lost on dark targets.
Have you experienced any feeding or ejection issues in the XRS chassis? How's the balance with the heavy barrel?

Have you experienced any feeding or ejection issues in the XRS chassis? How's the balance with the heavy barrel?
Using the MDT Chassis I haven't experienced any unusual feeding or ejection issues at all. There is a noticeable difference between the bolts on my 2021 produced HMR and the 2023 produced 20" barreled action. I probably have about 5,000 rounds out of my HMR and about 3,000 rounds out of my barreled action in the MDT chassis. In the HMR I do get occasional rounds hanging up on ejection but usually it's some of the heavily lubed ammo such as RWS or I have some old Geco made by RWS that is heavily lubed. If I wipe the bullets off lightly it's rare to see an ejection issue with it either. In both rifles I have fired everything from Eley, Lapua, SK, CCI, RWS, Geco, Wolf, Federal and just about anything else you can imagine.

I only shoot bench rest with the rifle so balance hasn't been an issue but the 20" heavy barrel does balance well right at and forward of the magazine. The 20" weighs right at 15 pounds total.

Reactions: GearMaker
Just thought I’d share a new experience. This is year 4 in competitions with my same B14-R, and I had to switch ammo after running low on Geco Bolt Rifle. Been shooting the Eley Contact semi auto subsonic 42gr for about 4 matches, just guessing at BC, and getting the typical misses due to garbage in/out. Finally got a super calm day to run every 50yards out to 350, then play with my app to see just how close I could resolve.
Discovered nothing truly worked until I tested a new drag model (G8), then everything fell in line. Not just close, but spot freakin on!
B14-R in BMP chassis
Harris bipod
Armageddon gear small bag
Vortex StrikeEagle 5-25X56MOA
NightForce 40MOA rail
MPA-BA 1.060” height mount
Factory trigger
Velocity retrieved from Garmin
Application is BulletDrop Plus
Environmentals from MyRadar
IMG_1775.png
IMG_5686.jpeg

Got my new b14r build out to zero the other day. Pretty pleased with my groups. Shot Federal Gold Medal and some old Tenex well. Excited to see what it will shoot when I find what it really likes. Pops came out to try it out. He was pretty impressed with it. My boy had fun too.

Build so far:

-B14r carbon barreled action
-MDT Field Stock
-Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6-24
-Midwest Industries 20moa mount
-MDT 20moa base
-MDT arca rail (gonna swap this out. It’s too short to have the bipod on and drop on to the tripod)
-MDT GRND POD

Thinking I’ll pick up a L3I single shot sled

Not sure what I’ll add next but it’s a good start

IMG_1531.jpeg
IMG_1537.jpeg
Ballistic-X-Export-2024-03-29 20:10:43.090775.jpg
Ballistic-X-Export-2024-03-29 20:20:05.480190.jpg
IMG_1685.png
IMG_1688.jpeg