• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara b14 HMR

Just picked one of these up a few months ago. I got my scope mounted last weekend can’t wait to see how it does

Attachments

• E114A436-BD7B-4F33-AC8E-16F99E178534.jpeg
    E114A436-BD7B-4F33-AC8E-16F99E178534.jpeg
    394.6 KB · Views: 221
Mounted my base, rings and optic the other day and got her all zero’d in with 140g eld hornady factory ammo. Rifle is looking promising in the accuracy department. Cannot wait to get some handloads run through it!

Attachments

• 727F43B0-8E84-49E7-9A89-B6F5F0A48CFF.jpeg
    727F43B0-8E84-49E7-9A89-B6F5F0A48CFF.jpeg
    533 KB · Views: 212
  • 1B3DD614-AB92-4F52-B568-34EC5B180E1F.jpeg
    1B3DD614-AB92-4F52-B568-34EC5B180E1F.jpeg
    291.6 KB · Views: 202
  • 1D42DF2D-AC14-47FF-8B5D-6FD59E7870C3.jpeg
    1D42DF2D-AC14-47FF-8B5D-6FD59E7870C3.jpeg
    604.8 KB · Views: 215
  • F7B60A8B-C59F-4370-9D69-69C879E414DA.jpeg
    F7B60A8B-C59F-4370-9D69-69C879E414DA.jpeg
    410.7 KB · Views: 221
Reactions: Scoutabout
Are you guys still having luck with your b14 HMR? I was debating on selling my RPR and trying one of these. Nothing wrong with my Ruger I just like how these look better.
I'm on my second B14 HMR in 22 250 , the first didn't group under 3 in. at a hundred yards no matter what you fed it and this one although somewhat better is not what I'd consider an accurate rifle.

Reactions: Bender
I am still very pleased with this rifle. My son ( 10 yrs old ) gets to go out on his first deer hunt this coming Sat. during WI youth season. He had been "training" with a .223 bolt action and I thought I would give him a chance to try the 6.5 since it has fairly light recoil. He was able to hold all his shots in a 3" orange dot sticker the first afternoon he shot it. I'm not bragging about his ability, truth be told he is just learning centerfire rifles and his .223 work was about what you would expect for a ten yr old. Many evenings putting 5 to 10 shots in an 8" pattern.
I believe the rifle is the difference in this case. A much lighter trigger and some coaching with squeeze vs pull and he is shooting much better. The rifle isnt holding him back and his confidence is building. Now I just hope I can keep him calm if he gets an opportunity. Things are looking good, we had a buck that we could see in the back field tonight from our deck and we could hear antlers clacking a bit at the same time, so I know there was a bachelor group back there. Hope they stick around on this pattern through the end of the week!

So who has swapped out the triggers in their HMR's? I threw a Timney 510 in mine that I had lying around. I wanted to try and bring the pull weight down closer towards my match rifle. Turns out with the heavy firing pin spring, it'll only go down to about 2.5 lbs without occasionally tripping when closing the bolt. I was hoping for about 1.5 lbs. Anyone have any feedback on which triggers will successfully get down to this? I'm looking at picking up a Calvin Elite single or two stage to try just because I have a gift card. Thanks in advance

Reactions: Zack_va248
So who has swapped out the triggers in their HMR's? I threw a Timney 510 in mine that I had lying around. I wanted to try and bring the pull weight down closer towards my match rifle. Turns out with the heavy firing pin spring, it'll only go down to about 2.5 lbs without occasionally tripping when closing the bolt. I was hoping for about 1.5 lbs. Anyone have any feedback on which triggers will successfully get down to this? I'm looking at picking up a Calvin Elite single or two stage to try just because I have a gift card. Thanks in advance
I’ll be sure to follow this as I’m looking to do the same down the road. Always a fan of a good two stage, im curious to see reviews on geissele’s new super 700 offering. I’ve got high hopes as literally every AR I own houses a geissele. Heard a lot of really good things about the triggertech diamond too though.... decisions decisions

From the Timney web site about their Calvin Elite Trigger:
'Timney Triggers are designed to work with Remington 700 actions. The Bergara rifles use a heavier firing pin spring that limits pull weight adjustability.'
Nothing wrong with the Bergara trigger, or a nice TriggerTech.

I swapped the stock Bergara trigger on mine with a Trigger Tech Primary and I can adjust it down to 1.5 pounds with no issues (1.5 pounds is the Primary minimum weight). If you put in a special, you can go lower (Diamond is even lower still. 8 oz on the low end, I believe). Biggest benefit of the TT over the better pull and weights, it can be adjusted without removing the action from the stock, you merely adjust it with an Allen key in the trigger guard, every click is a 1 oz increment. It was the first thing I changed on my Bergara, and I have no regrets.

Last edited:
Very good information on the HMR. I'm on the fence to buy one now in 6.5 as i have handled one a few times at my LGS.

Reactions: SonicBurlap
Very good information on the HMR. I'm on the fence to buy one now in 6.5 as i have handled one a few times at my LGS.
Ask your LGS if they'll let you shoot one and you won't be on the fence any longer, I've been enjoying mine since I got it and it's a keeper.
20181025_195044.jpg
20181025_195020.jpg

Will bergara put a hmr barrel on a b14 hunter action? I won a 6.5 hunter in a raffle a year ago. I have a chassis that I want to use but I don’t know if bergara would have issues doing it for me. I’d like a 6creed barrel.

Reactions: SonicBurlap
My expectations for my equipment can be a little high at times, but the Bergara HMR really has been better than anticipated. Is it as good as a 4k custom build, no, but it has a hell of a lot to offer at a sub 1k price point.

5 rounds of Hornady 143gr Precision Hunter @100yards.
vajHH0i.jpg

A B-14 barrel is a B-14 barrel regardless of what model, the only differences are caliber, length, or threaded, or not.
If you want a different caliber, length, thread or anything else just give Bergara a call and talk to them they'll let you know and also how
much they'd charge. They're nice folks, but right now a lot of them will be on their way to Shot Show.

I recently received my new Bergara b14 HMR In 6.5 creed and I've received a ton of questions from people about it, but haven't seen much on the web outside of shot show coverage. So here's my rifle, and I'd be glad to answer any questions.

A couple observations....
The stock, though it is very reminiscent of a manners etc, is no where near as beefy, you can flex the fore end without a ton of effort. But it is quite comfortable and the adjustments are easy and solid. I probably won't change the stock until I rebarrel it and need to make room for a barrel nut.

The front sling studs are a little farther apart than most, about 3.2" and will require an Accushot BT17 rail (waiting on mine) to mount an atlas bipod or any other pic mounted bipod.

i put a timney 517 in it, with zero issues. They say the stock trigger can only adjust down to 2.8 but it felt really good to me out of the box, crisp with no creep. If I didn't already have the 517, I would have let it be.
How did the Accushot BT17 rail work out? Any issues or are you happy with it?

Here's my take on it, and why i sold the HMR.... I dont hunt, and i feel that the HMR (hunting and match rifle) stands true to its name. The compromise they made with the 22" barrel, makes it a great rifle for matches and hunting. But since i only planned to shoot matches with it, it made more sense to me to sell it to fund an action for my dedicated match build.

I'm replying to an old post for anyone rereading it. I just bought a Bergara b-14 HMR in 6.5 and it comes with a 24" barrel.

Since this thread has been re-born, here is my 2 cents on the HMR...

The 24" barrel in 6.5 CM used to be an option on the Scheel's and Cabelas's exclusive Bergara B-14 HMR models. I wanted the 24" when I bought mine, but it wasn't available in left hand (confirmed with a call to Bergara), so I ended up with the 22".

The HMR is a great compromise between a hunting and match rifle, but it is a compromise. I never planned on hunting with mine (as it is still heavy), but if you are going to shoot A LOT of matches, I would opt for the 24" or go with a different rifle altogether. The extra velocity (and weight) will make a difference at longer distances.

I went with a 26" barrel on my new match-oriented rifle (MPA PMR Pro). It's a shame that my Bergara will likely end up in the back of the gun safe as it is an awesome shooter.

I'm trying to find a bore guide for the Bergara B-14 BMP in 6.5 Creedmoor.

I've checked many places including the Bore Guide Chart on Possum Hollow Products website and have not been able to locate one.

Since both the HMR and BMP use the same action, what guide do you use?
Try reaching out to Dewey Rods for a custom bore cleaning guide. They made one for me to use in my Kimber Mountain Ascent and it works perfectly. https://deweyrods.com/?s=bore+guide

Reactions: Tono
I’m a straight rookie who bought the HMR in .308 in March, 2021. It’s sub MOA all day long. Went to my first Precision Rifle class at Peacemaker NTC September 12th . Numerous hits at 950 and 1025 yards. I’m keeping this bad boy!

Attachments

• 99CF655A-7875-44DB-8765-852578D68A0D.jpeg
    99CF655A-7875-44DB-8765-852578D68A0D.jpeg
    543 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: MarkCO
Since this thread has been re-born, here is my 2 cents on the HMR...

The HMR is a great compromise between a hunting and match rifle, but it is a compromise. I never planned on hunting with mine (as it is still heavy), but if you are going to shoot A LOT of matches, I would opt for the 24" or go with a different rifle altogether. The extra velocity (and weight) will make a difference at longer distances.

That really comes down to personal preference, not real performance differences. Maybe a 24" or 26" is better with the heavier bullets, but with the lighter bullets, maybe a 20 or a 22" is better. I have shot a 22", 24" and 26" Bergara side by side and yep, really not much difference between the 22 and 24, but the 26 was the least accurate of the three.

I have shot an HMR Pro in 6.5 with a Sandman S past 1500 yards no problem. Good hits on a 6’x6’ steel target were no problem as long as I made the correct wind call.

I got the Area 419 rail for it. 40 bucks. Waiting in my atlas bipod also. Love my begara B14 HMR. I found a left hand version that they make and grabbed it up. Put a night force 20 MOA rail on it.
I have a Vortex Strike eagle 5-25 on it and took it out saturday for the first time. Sub MOA with ammo made for another rifle. Will be doing some LD for it this week. Will report back.

20211106_091427.jpg

Reactions: TrevK