• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara BMR Micro Rimfire .22 LR

Ordered. Possibly twice.... Everything went fine until final place order button.... Nothing. Click again.... because I'm stupid. Nothing... No confirmation email. Sleeping in Spain?🤷‍♂️

I think I was using Aguila standard velocity. You don’t happen to have the BC for that bullet do you?
Haven’t tried anything more expensive in my carbon barreled BMR, but it shoots great in mine.

I’m waiting for the 17HMR one to be available.

Got 3 five rounders ordered. I appreciate the head's up.
5 and 10 rounders are available from Bergara

I recieved a confirmation email right after I clicked the order button.
Ordered. Possibly twice.... Everything went fine until final place order button.... Nothing. Click again.... because I'm stupid. Nothing... No confirmation email. Sleeping in Spain?🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Stev0
Thanks. My order didn't process and the following day I received an email from BPI that I had left items in my cart. I tried again and all went good.

Reactions: Stev0 and sparkyv
Took mine out today with a fixed 6x (SWFA 6x MQ) and shot to 100. Loved the groups at 25. 100? Not so much.

The wind did pick up quite a bit (full value 10 MPH), so not sure if the 100 yard groups are from wind?

Tried Wolf match, white box federal 36 copper plated HP, and Aquila 40 grain copper plated RN, just because that’s what I have and grabbed in the way out the door.

And What ammo and what scope to have the best chance of success in making small groups and 300 yard hits?

Or, which ammo to test? Thinking 5-10 different brands or?

I don't think they were ever intended to be a 300 yard rifle, but if you're going to do that, start with good ammo. Anything "copper washed" isn't going to make it happen.

Got my BMR Carbon today. 5# 0.1oz with bolt, nekid...6# 0.7oz with Leupold 3-9x33 EFR, flip up covers and Warne Mountain Tech "low" rings. Only got to shoot to 25 yards at the indoor range, but it is very consistent with CCI-SV. Only put about 60 rounds though it, so I figure it's not "settled in" yet, but really happy with it. Will make a great squirrel gun to go with my Kidd ULW (5# 9.1oz with Leupold 4x28 fixed power).

Picture is a little deceptive, Kidd has 16.5" barrel, BMR is 18", LOP is the same. BMR might get a camo sponge job...unless Boyd's comes out with a Barracuda stock for them first.

BMR-Kidd.jpg

Last edited:
I think my "need" (WANT) for a CZ or Anschutz squirrel rifle has been quelled.
cool.gif

I'm still .22lr addict, nothing has changed there...so, maybe just a cooling off period?

Reactions: BKSSNIPER and JFR
I ordered three 10rd and one 5rd mags today from EuroOptic. They are $34.99 and $32.99 each, but after shipping and sales tax (MD 6%), they still end up being $40 each. The good thing though, they are in stock (or were earlier anyway), and I got an email that they are scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Scopelistdotcom has them too, for the same price, $9.99 shipping. I wish I had waited a few days for this offer as it'd be less expensive than Begara's. Well, at least I've got some inbound.
I ordered three 10rd and one 5rd mags today from EuroOptic. They are $34.99 and $32.99 each, but after shipping and sales tax (MD 6%), they still end up being $40 each. The good thing though, they are in stock (or were earlier anyway), and I got an email that they are scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Reactions: Cowpokey
What scope for the BMR? I was shooting mine today with a fixed 6x and the crosshairs were a problem at 100 shooting at pasted 1” dots.

It really likes the CCI-SV.

I think I've gotten spoiled on having good triggers in a bunch of my guns. The stock BMR trigger is "harsh" in comparison, and I could only get it down to 3#. So I ordered a Trigger Tech Diamond for it. Now if someone would come out with a good (and light) aftermarket stock I'd be set.

Anything worth doing is worth over doing...right?

Reactions: BKSSNIPER
I put a Jewell in mine and love it.
Over scopes it maybe, but it shoots great.
I have buddy I grew up with that has a Jewel in a custom 700 center fire, he's got it dialed down to 2 oz, when you think your finger touches it, it drops the hammer. Pretty awesome trigger, but I don't need anything that light. I have a TT Diamond in my Vudoo, and really like it, decided I'd stick with them...for now.

Reactions: BKSSNIPER
It was my first “custom” trigger and yes it is/can be adjustable to be TOO light.
I have a trigger tech in some other guns and like them a lot.

Reactions: Cowpokey
Have you guys tried the trigger mod yet? Got mine set to ~14oz with little effort and minimal cost.
First thing I did when I got my BMR last summer. Best $10 I’ve ever spent on a gun. As much as I’d like a flat faced, 2-stage trigger like I have on my centerfire rifles, the simple trigger mod saved me $250. My trigger is now a very crisp 15oz.

Reactions: sparkyv
I did the trigger mod and set mine at 20 oz. I'm happy with it. Simple, light, crisp.

My Form 1 was approved (I was one of the lucky ones that didn’t get denied en masse back in February) and we had some open machine time so I finally got it made.

Now the important bit- ammo testing:

CCI SV
NORMA TAC
Aguila Subsonic Hollowpoint

22D14562-ABCE-4BC0-A562-E4797842AE19.jpeg
5D1921B8-DAC0-4210-96F7-91AC25E9AA5F.jpeg

Attachments

• 9CE620F8-3077-4FFE-A70B-58274636AE2E.jpeg
    9CE620F8-3077-4FFE-A70B-58274636AE2E.jpeg
    330.9 KB · Views: 62
All you guys with the rough action feel.
Take it out of the stock and loosen the allen screw under the action, just in front of the trigger.
Work the bolt back and forth a few times and then tighten that allen bolt (it holds the plate that has the ejector on it).
I have no idea if it will fix your action roughness, but I'm positive you'll notice the difference.
I had to play with mine a few times and now she's as smooth as smooth gets.

You might have to polish that plate or tweak it, or whatever, but that's where the issue is.
In the manual it is called the magazine stop.

Yer welcomes and stuff.