• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara has a new rimfire.

I can understand the enthusiasm you guys are experiencing. I'd received mine back from Bergara last week. I'd sent it off to have a Jewell trigger fine tuned with modified striker. I was able to shoot it for first time Friday. This rifle is crazy fun. I've been getting good support from two good friends which are great shooters. The only thing I wish I would have done differently was to have gotten into the 22lr stuff when they told me. I'm Having a blast. Took Few shots to get optic dialed in at 50 yards. Here is a target with first 10 shot group at 50 yards following sighters. I was able to hit steel plates 100 yards with 7 moa, 250 yards with 34 moa and the 300 yard plate with 45 moa. Like picking off cans with a Red Ryder

Attachments

• IMG_6528.JPG
    IMG_6528.JPG
    509 KB · Views: 165
  • 60942890720__E68512C3-8307-4CC7-9131-9B20C1D24979.jpg
    60942890720__E68512C3-8307-4CC7-9131-9B20C1D24979.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 140
Reactions: EscapeVelocity
Got mine on Friday (no photos yet), and got it into a Bravo. Fit and finish seems good so far, and the action is surprisingly smooth, all things considered. I need to order a few spare mags and then get out to the range and see how she does!

Reactions: Fullbore308
Does the B14R have a flat bottom bolt. To make a single shot adapter feed properly? Picture of bolt face please...

I can understand the enthusiasm you guys are experiencing. I'd received mine back from Bergara last week. I'd sent it off to have a Jewell trigger fine tuned with modified striker. I was able to shoot it for first time Friday. This rifle is crazy fun. I've been getting good support from two good friends which are great shooters. The only thing I wish I would have done differently was to have gotten into the 22lr stuff when they told me. I'm Having a blast. Took Few shots to get optic dialed in at 50 yards. Here is a target with first 10 shot group at 50 yards following sighters. I was able to hit steel plates 100 yards with 7 moa, 250 yards with 34 moa and the 300 yard plate with 45 moa. Like picking off cans with a Red Ryder

Can you explain the modified striker?

Reactions: A&8's
As for single load I'm not sure yet. It's control round feed from mag. I'd be interested In finding out. Here are picks of the bolt top and bottom if it will help.
I was having so much fun shooting, I caught myself getting in a hurry stuffing those mags with those little 22 rounds. I wonder if they make a mag loading assist! 😊
For the striker I've attacked photo pointing at the location that is modified. I like for my bolt close to feel the same on all the actions I shoot in matches. Since this is a trainer I wanted the bolt close to be the same. When I installed the Jewell it had about .020"extra firing pin protrusion with cock on close, which would cause slight torque to the right when closing bolt. Just me being picky. Hope this helps, Thanks , Jeremy

Attachments

• IMG_1411.JPG
    IMG_1411.JPG
    339.4 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_1412.JPG
    IMG_1412.JPG
    343.9 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_1414.JPG
    IMG_1414.JPG
    476 KB · Views: 133
Is anybody having ejection problems with there b-14s? When I'm out at the range I always get a few casings that fall off the extractor and stay in the action, preventing me from being able to load the next round. I don't know if its from running the bolt too fast or something else, but its pretty annoying when it happens in the middle of a stage.

My B14R arived about a month ago now & its been a pain. Mostly issues with aftermarket stuff, but that's kinda the point.

Right out of the box, failure to feed on the 8th round every time. The round wouldn't lift up enough & would get hung up on the inside rim of the barrel. Contacted BPI and they said it was probably the mag, they sent a new mag. I was able to cycle 50 rounds through the new mag in the factory stock with out issue. I stretched out the spring in the original mag and it seemed to help.

I swapped to a brand new Orias chassis & mags wouldn't lock in. Took chassis to a gunsmith & he opened up the spot behind the mag latch to let the latch to move back farther enabling the mag to lock into place. He said it fixed the feeding issues, although I'm not sure he checked.

I installed a trigger tech special, brought it to the range to do a covid COF & I couldn't get through 5 rounds with out a failure to feed or failure to fire followed by a failure to extract. I tried running 3 mags (30 rounds) and 2-3 rounds per mag had one of those issues. I swapped everything out back to factory, took it to the range this morning and it went through 50 rounds with no hangup.

I called Bergara & got through to someone real quick. He was apologetic but working from home & couldn't talk to a smith. So I'm now waiting to hear back about what they can do, so far their customer support seems great, but seeing as it works fine in factory the configuration so I don't really expect them to do anything. I thought the Orias would be fine seeing that they had them on some of their center fire rifles in the past. And I haven't heard any issues about trigger tech & the B14R. Now I've got my wife is telling me to ask for a refund and put in an order for a Vudoo. :unsure:

My B14R arived about a month ago now & its been a pain. Mostly issues with aftermarket stuff, but that's kinda the point.

Right out of the box, failure to feed on the 8th round every time. The round wouldn't lift up enough & would get hung up on the inside rim of the barrel. Contacted BPI and they said it was probably the mag, they sent a new mag. I was able to cycle 50 rounds through the new mag in the factory stock with out issue. I stretched out the spring in the original mag and it seemed to help.

I swapped to a brand new Orias chassis & mags wouldn't lock in. Took chassis to a gunsmith & he opened up the spot behind the mag latch to let the latch to move back farther enabling the mag to lock into place. He said it fixed the feeding issues, although I'm not sure he checked.

I installed a trigger tech special, brought it to the range to do a covid COF & I couldn't get through 5 rounds with out a failure to feed or failure to fire followed by a failure to extract. I tried running 3 mags (30 rounds) and 2-3 rounds per mag had one of those issues. I swapped everything out back to factory, took it to the range this morning and it went through 50 rounds with no hangup.

I called Bergara & got through to someone real quick. He was apologetic but working from home & couldn't talk to a smith. So I'm now waiting to hear back about what they can do, so far their customer support seems great, but seeing as it works fine in factory the configuration so I don't really expect them to do anything. I thought the Orias would be fine seeing that they had them on some of their center fire rifles in the past. And I haven't heard any issues about trigger tech & the B14R. Now I've got my wife is telling me to ask for a refund and put in an order for a Vudoo. :unsure:

This is exactly the reason I got a Vudoo. I didn't want to chance it and spend hours tinkering... the Vudoo just works. And I can call their shop any day of the week and they'll help me walk through the issue, or I can send it to them and they'll look things over and send it back.

Reactions: GrahamVT
This is exactly the reason I got a Vudoo. I didn't want to chance it and spend hours tinkering... the Vudoo just works. And I can call their shop any day of the week and they'll help me walk through the issue, or I can send it to them and they'll look things over and send it back.
In my personal opinion both of you seem to overlook one important fact, if you let this gun original it works flawless.
If you get aftermarket parts you can not assume they work with the bergara just because it is a r700 footprint and takes acis style magazines.
Why would you blame bergara if you are not able to make the aftermarket chassis feed correctly? Vudoo is having some issues in the same department, in fact there is one member on here who installed bolts in the back of vudoo mags to push the front up and make them feed.
As soon as you modify any of these rifles (Bergara, RimX or Vudoo ) you can run into problems like the ones you mention.
Control feed 22s need to be adjusted perfect or they will have feeding issues. See MPA adjustable mag latch or RimX adjustable mag ... There is a reason for that. Every chassis or stock has slightly different mag openings, so do all mags from these 3 rifles I mentioned.

Last edited:
In my personal opinion both of you seem to overlook one important fact, if you let this gun original it works flawless.
If you get aftermarket parts you can not assume they work with the bergara just because it is a r700 footprint and takes acis style magazines.
Why would you blame bergara if you are not able to make the aftermarket chassis feed correctly? Vudoo is having some issues in the same department, in fact there is one member on here who installed bolts in the back of vudoo mags to push the front up and make them feed.
As soon as you modify any of these rifles (Bergara, RimX or Vudoo ) you can run into problems like the ones you mention.
Control feed 22s need to be adjusted perfect or they will have feeding issues. See MPA adjustable mag latch or RimX adjustable mag ... There is a reason for that. Every chassis or stock has slightly different mag openings, so do all mags from these 3 rifles I mentioned.

I wasn't blaming Bergara. I'd recommend Bergara if you plan on staying stock. I wasn't. I went straight for a 22 trainer to mimic PRS and use it extensively to compete in NRL22.

I started out with a Tikka T1X, and spent many hours doing work on it to get it just right, and it was shooting fantastic. I decided to want to unify on a R700 platform so I can mirror my triggers, chassis, etc of my PRS rig and I definitely didn't want to be spending as many hours as I was on my T1X to just have it work.

Also the same reason why I didn't want to get a RimX, just don't have time these days to be tinkering with everything. Even with my laziness, Vudoo will take any BA / Trigger / Chassis combo and fix it to get it working if there's an issue, I liked that peace of mind.

Reactions: GrahamVT
I wasn't blaming Bergara. I'd recommend Bergara if you plan on staying stock. I wasn't. I went straight for a 22 trainer to mimic PRS and use it extensively to compete in NRL22.

I started out with a Tikka T1X, and spent many hours doing work on it to get it just right, and it was shooting fantastic. I decided to want to unify on a R700 platform so I can mirror my triggers, chassis, etc of my PRS rig and I definitely didn't want to be spending as many hours as I was on my T1X to just have it work.

Also the same reason why I didn't want to get a RimX, just don't have time these days to be tinkering with everything. Even with my laziness, Vudoo will take any BA / Trigger / Chassis combo and fix it to get it working if there's an issue, I liked that peace of mind.
In that case sir, you're better off in purchasing a complete rifle build by Vudoo with the parts you want and confirming with them that they work. It just comes all with a price tag, someone has to pay the gunsmith.
In the case of the Bergara, I had a similar issue. I installed the barreled action in a Qryx chassis and was not able (even with Oryx help) to be able to adjust the mag for reliable feeding. Change to a timney trigger worked and functioned flawless.
I just installed it back in the factory stock and have fun with it.
Now I'm tinkering with a RimX in the oryx, looks good so far. The mag fits way better. I do not have the barrel yet.

Reactions: EscapeVelocity

I said it works in the stock config so I don't except them to do anything. If they do it would be above and beyond any expectations I have of them. This is an aftermarket chassis for the B14R, but they have used the Orias on their rifles before so you would think there wouldn't be an issue. But combined with the feeding issues at first, and the trigger tech not working (not necessarily a Bergara issue), that was why my wife mentioned a vudoo for the same reasons littlepod mentioned. I'm probably just going to have to pick up new chassis.

I said it works in the stock config so I don't except them to do anything. If they do it would be above and beyond any expectations I have of them. This is an aftermarket chassis for the B14R, but they have used the Orias on their rifles before so you would think there wouldn't be an issue. But combined with the feeding issues at first, and the trigger tech not working (not necessarily a Bergara issue), that was why my wife mentioned a vudoo for the same reasons littlepod mentioned. I'm probably just going to have to pick up new chassis.
Would you know why it didn't feed correct in the Orias chassis? I just tried the Oryx and no other. It will be important for a lot of members on here to know what chassis or stock works because there are a lot of pre-orders on brownells for bergara 22lr b14 barreled actions.
What I found in my case is that the mag in the factory stock jumps back up in the correct position when I pull the front down and release.
It does so by spring tension off the mag latch. The Oryx mag well has slightly different dimensions / angles, and if I pull or push on the front off the mag it stays in the position I leave it. So in other words when I reinsert a fresh loaded mag and push it all the way up the action cycles and feeds perfect until after a couple of rounds the front of the mag slightly drops and feeding issues start.

Would you know why it didn't feed correct in the Orias chassis? I just tried the Oryx and no other. It will be important for a lot of members on here to know what chassis or stock works because there are a lot of pre-orders on brownells for bergara 22lr b14 barreled actions.
What I found in my case is that the mag in the factory stock jumps back up in the correct position when I pull the front down and release.
It does so by spring tension off the mag latch. The Oryx mag well has slightly different dimensions / angles, and if I pull or push on the front off the mag it stays in the position I leave it. So in other words when I reinsert a fresh loaded mag and push it all the way up the action cycles and feeds perfect until after a couple of rounds the front of the mag slightly drops and feeding issues start.

When I brought it to the gunsmith, he thought it was how the mag was being held in the chassis. It wouldn't lock into place. He modified the chassis by removing some material behind the latch so that it could move back father to fully engage and lock in place. The mag now locks into place, but I still get feeding issues. The rounds don't lift up enough & get hung up on the inside rim of the barrel. I talked to trigger tech & they want me to send the trigger back. I'm going to try the trigger tech again tomorrow just to double check. Then try the orias once more. But it sounds like il have to sell the orias, or maybe keep for a lightweight centerfire build.

I just don't like when guys run into a problem and immediately find that the solution is going to a different platform. But every platform will run into a snag once in a while.
I've ran my B14r with a trigger tech and had no issues, failures to feed, eject, or fire a round in about 500 rounds so far. I get it though, some people need or want that extra insurance of quality control. In this case it costs $1200 more than the Bergara setup. To each their own I guess. I honestly would love to own a Vudoo too. Bergara makes a hell of a rifle tho.

I've had quirky issues with mine but it always involved aftermarket triggers. First was the TT Diamond, hard to cock, inconsistent trigger pull, occasional AD. Of course all this could be fixed by setting the trigger pull to around 1lb. But, if I wanted a 1lb trigger I wouldn't have bought the Diamond model. Next the Elftmann 700 SE, at first, the problem was it wouldn't fit in the trigger guard (too wide). Sent it back, Elftmann machined the sides of the trigger housing and it fit but the one I had wouldn't cock. Art with Elftmann worked on a new trigger and it works perfect now.

Other than those two self inflicted issues mine has worked perfect. Also, it's hard to believe some of you guys want to change out that stock for something else. Maybe someone has circumstances I don't know about but the stock is great for me and one of the selling points of the rifle.

It's actually starting to shoot better. Couldn't be guaranteed the same lot number on that fantastic shooting Wolf ammo but now I got a case of SK Rifle Match coming that shoots fantastic in several rifles. And last, finally got the silver swept bolt handle swapped for the black one.
B-14R SK Rifle Match 4-25-20.jpg
IMG_20200427_194550.jpg
IMG_20200427_194424.jpg
IMG_20200427_194433.jpg

I've fired 650 rounds through the B14R since Friday morning. 50 of Eley yellow box, 100 SK red box, 200 sk long range and 300 SK yellow box. No feed issues, extraction issues or mag issues. I have 3 mags, one that I got with the rifle and 2 that I order from Bergara. I'm have a good time at 100 yards with wind calls. I'm using a MR-31 target with x ring near 1/2 moa. Wind holds are very interesting. With the help and encouragement of a fine fella, and forum member I'll be using an A-25 small bore target at 200 yards later this week. I did try and fit a Vudoo mag into the Bergara factory stock today, won't go. Nor will the B14R mag go into my wife's MPA hybrid chassis. Just was curious. I use light shoulder, cheek and palm pressure on my Fclass 308 tr gun so I'll keep the factory stock for now. With the help of Bergara the Jewell is spot on. I'll put the money toward upgrading the optic. Gotta see better. thanks, Jeremy

I got a phone call & email from Bergara this morning. Their customer service has been excellent. Going to wait for the new parts to try out the trigger tech again.

" In the initial run of B14R rifles we had some incompatibility issues with aftermarket triggers. I am going to send you an updated cocking piece/firing pin assembly to remedy the light striking issues experienced with the Triggertech trigger. "

I got a phone call & email from Bergara this morning. Their customer service has been excellent. Going to wait for the new parts to try out the trigger tech again.

" In the initial run of B14R rifles we had some incompatibility issues with aftermarket triggers. I am going to send you an updated cocking piece/firing pin assembly to remedy the light striking issues experienced with the Triggertech trigger. "
I'm glad they help. I've a TT diamond coming too and plan on trying in the bergara.
Bud there seem to be issues with these triggers too, Orkan in his RimX just had a bad one.
Would love to know the exact difference between the parts they send you and the ones you have in your rifle.
Did they offer any help or suggestions on your chassis issue ?

I'm glad they help. I've a TT diamond coming too and plan on trying in the bergara.
Bud there seem to be issues with these triggers too, Orkan in his RimX just had a bad one.
Would love to know the exact difference between the parts they send you and the ones you have in your rifle.
Did they offer any help or suggestions on your chassis issue ?

Il take photos when they get here. He said they are also working on an instruction video for installation of the replacement parts.

No word on the chassis. I think I'm just going to sell the orias & buy something else. Probably a PDC Custom lots of people using them with the B14R. There is a facebook group for the B14R, I asked people what chassis are working; MPA BA Comp, MDT, PDC Customs & XLR Envy have no issues, and the XLR elements may require some fitting for the mag.

Il take photos when they get here. He said they are also working on an instruction video for installation of the replacement parts.

No word on the chassis. I think I'm just going to sell the orias & buy something else. Probably a PDC Custom lots of people using them with the B14R. There is a facebook group for the B14R, I asked people what chassis are working; MPA BA Comp, MDT, PDC Customs & XLR Envy have no issues, and the XLR elements may require some fitting for the mag.
Great. Be careful on the chassis, my Oryx is MDT and does not work with my rifle. My advise, just make sure you communicate with the place you'll buy the chassis from before so they may take it back if it does not work for your rifle.
I will leave the stock on it came with, I actually like it a lot. The functionality is great I think. It's very stiff, adjustable and I'll plan on attaching an area 419 arca rail.

Last edited:
Good evening,
Just wanted to share today's best 10 shot group at 100 yards with Bergara B14R.
I had fun playing in the wind.
I'm 720 rounds fired through 3 mags. I had one case when extracting turn sideways. I feel it was on my part for not pulling the bolt back far enough without stopping.
I'm having good time with SK yellow box. Today I fired both sk yellow and red box. This group here is red box.
Once I get my optic upgraded I'll try my luck at 200 yards. That's the goal. Thanks Jeremy

Attachments

• IMG_6547.JPG
    IMG_6547.JPG
    560 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_6548.JPG
    IMG_6548.JPG
    574.9 KB · Views: 137
If anyone needs some, Bergara Homepage show’s 9 mags in stock

That is outstanding! My best 10rd group at 100 to date is .472" and I definitely spent more to do it. You and that rifle are kicking butt!
I appreciate your kind words, I was only able to get 9 shots to break under the dime. I did make a bad call on the one flyer at a high 10. I tried my luck Friday with big wind switches. Not so good on the calls. I've hand lots of encouragement from couple good friends and shooters. Most of all looking forward to getting back to the F class TR stuff. Thanks, Jeremy

I installed a tt diamond in the b14 today that I ordered for my RimX.
Since I‘m still waiting on the barrel I thought testing it in b14 first. I didn’t want to order 2 not knowing if they work with both rifles first, since a lot of guys have problems with them.
I know, Bergara may send a new cocking / firing pin assembly if the trigger does not work.
The trigger seems to work as designed so far, I was able to adjust it down to 4# stopped there and adjusted it back up to 6#.
That is where I want to leave it for now. Passes drop test and safety works. It‘s definitely the best trigger I ever felt. I only had timney triggers so far. All ranges around here are still closed so I can’t shoot it yet.
Got a feeling I‘ll have to order me another one soon lol.
Anybody else here using a tt diamond in the b14 without issues?

Shot the rifle (factory setup) a whole bunch this weekend. It shot pretty good, and the action felt even better. Shot the best with CCI Green Tag which was kinda surprising.
This was the best group @ 100, they were around 1.2" on average.
IMG_2924.jpg

New parts arrived today. I can't tell any difference just by looking at them. Was easy to change out. Hopefully I can get to the range tomorrow and try the trigger tech. Top old, bottom new.

IMG_2922.jpg

The video they sent.

[QUOTE="GrahamVT, post: 8522488, member: 132790
I can't tell any difference just by looking at them.

Once you install the new cocking pc maybe you can feel the difference when closing the bolt. I think what most of us are getting after installing our favorite triggers is a little cock on close (loading up that firing pin spring.. excess tension on striker). I've attached a few arrows to your photo. Red is the face of the striker which on the new piece could be different by .010"-"020" from original, which can be measured ( firing pin protrusion). The green arrow, once you install the new piece should see less of the cocked red indicator ( firing pin protrusion) from rear. In my experience I've had less felt resistance when closing the bolt.
A kind gentleman at Bighorn actions has helped me out with a similar issue on my wife's Fclass gun.

Attachments

• IMG_1425.jpg
    IMG_1425.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 128
Reactions: Schütze
I've had quirky issues with mine but it always involved aftermarket triggers. First was the TT Diamond, hard to cock, inconsistent trigger pull, occasional AD. Of course all this could be fixed by setting the trigger pull to around 1lb. But, if I wanted a 1lb trigger I wouldn't have bought the Diamond model. Next the Elftmann 700 SE, at first, the problem was it wouldn't fit in the trigger guard (too wide). Sent it back, Elftmann machined the sides of the trigger housing and it fit but the one I had wouldn't cock. Art with Elftmann worked on a new trigger and it works perfect now.

Other than those two self inflicted issues mine has worked perfect. Also, it's hard to believe some of you guys want to change out that stock for something else. Maybe someone has circumstances I don't know about but the stock is great for me and one of the selling points of the rifle.

It's actually starting to shoot better. Couldn't be guaranteed the same lot number on that fantastic shooting Wolf ammo but now I got a case of SK Rifle Match coming that shoots fantastic in several rifles. And last, finally got the silver swept bolt handle swapped for the black one.
View attachment 7310387View attachment 7310388View attachment 7310390View attachment 7310395
I like the red accents

Biggest thing I noticed from the pics was the difference in the springs. The new one seems to be a larger diameter wire and has less coils. Stronger spring?

Biggest thing I noticed from the pics was the difference in the springs. The new one seems to be a larger diameter wire and has less coils. Stronger spring?
Good catch !!! I missed it

Just emailed Bergara and have the new assembly on the way. I have had an issue with light strikes with certain lots of CCI SV from day one.

One thing I noticed after the issue was that my striker assembly was not screwed down all the way, was one turn short. Even after screwing the bolt shroud assembly the extra turn still had light strikes with some CCI SV, but much reduced. Recocking without ejecting the round fired all but one time. That particular round showed no priming mix after disassembly. And let me state that the light strikes were less than 1%. Basically 4 per brick of one case that I have, and maybe 2 per brick of another, all 2019 lots.

I have not had any problem with Lapua, SK, RWS or Eley ammo. Appears the CCI case is of a harder alloy. I even went so far a to section some of the double struck cases, along with Lapua and Eley cases and measured the head thickness. All measured the same best I could determine, thereby leading me to believe CCI brass is harder.

The CCI fires without issue in my other 22lr rimfire rifles, handguns. So....for serious target shooting I eliminated CCI due to the possibility. Accuracy was always there but I was not willing to have a light strike during a timed stage of fire.

I will see if this new assembly cures it or makes any change in the trigger pull. If it cures the issue great, if not I'll just shoot those that have proven to have no issue.

BTW, there is a Noticeable difference in the appearance of the hit between CCI and the others. CCI small dimple, others much more pronounced "impact".

I'm running the factory trigger, so it's not an aftermarket issue. And mine is one of the "early" rifles so a couple of "bugs" might be expected.

This rifle is extremely accurate without a fussy appetite! I'm really glad to own one.

One thing I noticed after the issue was that my striker assembly was not screwed down all the way, was one turn short.

I believe this was intentional, going by GrahamVT's video posted above.

I've only fired SK, was fixing to order some cci green tag. I sure dont want to spent $70 on a brick of CCI if miss fires are occurring thx

I've only fired SK, was fixing to order some cci green tag. I sure dont want to spent $70 on a brick of CCI if miss fires are occurring thx

If you want to try CCI, go get a box of 50 SV, shoot them and then compare the firing pin indent with those of the SK. Mine show a big difference. Easiest way to know. Misfires are not common, but do occur for me with CCI SV, as posted above less than 1%, closer to .05%.

I believe this was intentional, going by GrahamVT's video posted above.

Could be, but the spacing specified screwed all the way down, then backing off to the "notch" mentioned is still about 1/16".

Added 5/7 @ 3:27 PM: I could not insert the .050 allen wrench in the bolt assembly the way it came, only after screwing the bolt shroud in one more turn was that possible. Hope you understand my meaning.

Last edited:
As for single load I'm not sure yet. It's control round feed from mag. I'd be interested In finding out. Here are picks of the bolt top and bottom if it will help.
I was having so much fun shooting, I caught myself getting in a hurry stuffing those mags with those little 22 rounds. I wonder if they make a mag loading assist! 😊
For the striker I've attacked photo pointing at the location that is modified. I like for my bolt close to feel the same on all the actions I shoot in matches. Since this is a trainer I wanted the bolt close to be the same. When I installed the Jewell it had about .020"extra firing pin protrusion with cock on close, which would cause slight torque to the right when closing bolt. Just me being picky. Hope this helps, Thanks , Jeremy
Hey Fullbore I would like to talk to you about the work you did on your bolt. Maybe I can swap info with you and talk PM thanks

Feel free on the bolt questions. Send a PM or reply here whichever is best. I'm no gunsmith, but sure can pull the trigger on one, lol.
I'm not sure how Bergara is handling other aftermarket trigger installation issues. I can only share from my experiences and hope to help someone else.
I was getting excessive cock on close after installing the Jewell. The feel when closing the bolt was tight, torqueing the rifle to the right. I measured the firing pin protrusion on the rear of the bolt. Was about .020" more than factory. I have other custom actions which the striker can be removed for modification allowing smooth bolt close.
Contacted Bergara and they wanted me to ship the rifle back with the Jewell trigger installed. This was February 24th. I received it back last week of April. Appears to me the face of the striker has been tuned for the Jewell trigger. See attached photo up top. I could not tell ya for sure if the firing pin spring was replaced. The action is smooth and the lightest Jewell trigger spring is installed. just like my 223 and 308 FTR rifles. I'm happy with the results and the trigger is nice. I can take some pictures or try and clarify any questions. Thanks, Jeremy

Picked up my B14R today and was able to get to the range for some break in rounds. All rounds were shot at 50 yards.

Shot 3 boxes of CCI SV, fourteen 10rnd groups averaged .75" CTC.

1 box of Prime ammo 40gr "Bolt performance" averaged 1.076" CTC for five 10rnd groups

1 box of RWS Match Rifle averaged .546" CTC for ten 5rnd groups, I'll post that target at the bottom.

I won't bother you with pics of the other targets, 3/4 - 1" groups @ 50 aren't impressive. I don't expect SV to shoot 1 hole groups anyway and it was just for break in. I've had the rifle in my possession for less than 12 hours at the time of this post so I don't have a fully formed opinion on the rifle or its parts but overall I am pleased. I may add some DEVCON/Marine Tex to the pistol grip area not only to increase grip but also to add some size. Right now it's wearing an SWFA 10x that I keep around as an extra; not sure what it will have permanently, right now I'm thinking about trying an Athlon scope, the ARES ETR in particular. I have not attempted to adjust the trigger - I'm quite happy with the factory piece. It came set @ 2.1-2.25 lbs; I'll add some more thoughts on the trigger in future posts, for now I'll just say that I don't think it's holding me back.

I'll be back at the range tomorrow and perhaps Sunday to put some more SV through it for break in. I'm excited to try some better ammo - I have a half dozen varieties of SK and a few Lapua as well to get to.

You'll see 5 aiming points in the target below. I shot two five shot groups at each aiming point, dialing left and right to differentiate them. Groups to the left are suppressed, groups to the right are unsuppressed. The fractional group sizes are outside edge to outside edge, decimals are CTC.

Attachments

• B14R RWS Match Rifle 5-15-20.jpeg
    B14R RWS Match Rifle 5-15-20.jpeg
    288.7 KB · Views: 153
Thanks for sharing. I'd be really interested to know how your's shoots suppressed vs unsuppressed. My B-14R is my first and only 22 rimfire that shoots best unsuppressed.

Received my updated striker assembly for the B 14R today. I thought I would get one to try due to the minimal occasional light strike issue I had with one lot of CCI SV. I installed the new assembly and can state with out a doubt that the spring in this assembly is definitely stronger. How much I don't know but I used an .050" allen wrench to hold the striker for disassembly and reassembly as I can't get a 1/16" wrench through the locking holes.

The pressure from the new assembly, with the stronger spring bent the wrench. Original was no issue.

Before changing out the assemblies, I hit some CCi, Lapua and Eley fired cases to check for indent (I marked the original firing hit with a sharpie so as to not get them confused). After changing out the assemblies, I did the same with the new assembly.

The new assembly definitely causes a deeper dent in the fired cases. I'm almost certain this will eliminate the issue with CCI ammo.

I checked bolt lift effort, closing effort and trigger pull weight before and after. There was no change in any felt effort or trigger pull weight.

Hopefully I get weather to shoot tomorrow to test it out.

I think all will be well with the change.

Targets from today below, all shot at 50 yards. 50 rounds each of RWS Rifle Match, SK Rifle Match, Prime Bolt, and Federal Automatch. Each was shot as ten 5 round groups, 5 suppressed and 5 unsuppressed. In the targets below the groups to the left of the aiming points are suppressed, groups to the right are unsuppressed. Measurements below are CTC.

RWS suppressed avg: .695", unsuppressed avg: .526"
SK RM suppressed avg: .495", unsuppressed avg: .445"
Prime Bolt suppressed avg:. .639", unsuppressed avg: .695"
Federal AM suppressed avg: .682", unsuppressed avg: .539"

Prime was the only ammo for which the suppressed average was better (smaller) than unsuppressed. I don't put too much stock into that, overall it was the most inconsistent and least accurate.

Results from the SK Rifle Match were nice to see, first ammo I've tried that averaged sub-MOA. I still would prefer a load or lot that not only averaged sub-MOA but was also sub-MOA for each group. Overall though the result was good given the price point and shows the rifle can consistently shoot sub-MOA. I've got several other presumably better loads to try so I'm guessing I'll see even better groups in the future.

Federal Automatch was the surprise of the day. I was expecting it to group considerably worse than even the Prime ammo but 4 of the 10 groups were sub-MOA. Not incredibly consistent but a nice surprise nevertheless.

So far the trend is that the unsuppressed groups are better than suppressed. Still only 450 rounds through the gun so I'd say it's too early to tell but that's the way it's trending.

As for the trigger, considering the factory says it's supposed to come in at 3.7 lbs I decided to measure it again today and it does indeed break @ 2.25lbs. Not really a surprise, my FN SPR is set at 2.75lbs and the Bergara certainly feels lighter. Looking at the trigger adjustment screw, I'm not sure if it's all the way out or not because I haven't tried to mess with it but just looking at it seems like its backed way out. I'll post a photo of it below.

Threw in a photo of the Bergara with it's big brother FN SPR. I bought the B14R primarily to help me get better at shooting in the wind. Much easier to do with $.15-.20/rnd vs $1.00/rnd.

Attachments

• B14R & FN SPR.jpeg
    B14R & FN SPR.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 124
  • B14R Trigger adj.jpeg
    B14R Trigger adj.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 114
  • RWS RM 5-16-20.jpeg
    RWS RM 5-16-20.jpeg
    191.9 KB · Views: 119
  • SK RM 5-16-20.jpg
    SK RM 5-16-20.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 120
  • Prime Bolt 5-16-20.jpg
    Prime Bolt 5-16-20.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 122
  • FED AM 5-16-20.jpg
    FED AM 5-16-20.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Reactions: Basher
I've got me a Sightron siii 8-32x56 optic for the Bergara. This should be a huge improvement from the heavy bushnell elite reticle I was using. Waiting on the rings.
Also, I couldn't stand the color of the stock. Just me. With some red neck enjunuity and hold my beer I managed to spray paint it today. After it drys and I sober up. I'll decide to post a picture.

Well, first attempt at camouflaging a stock. I figure I couldn't make it any worse, lol. I've got to clear coat with Matt finish in the morning

Attachments

• IMG_1435.JPG
    IMG_1435.JPG
    453.7 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_1436.JPG
    IMG_1436.JPG
    383.3 KB · Views: 170