Bergara has a new rimfire.

Smid.

Private
Minuteman
May 16, 2020
Is this tapped for a 6-48 screw? I ordered a seekins 30 moa rail off amazon and upon just trying to install it, the screws are too big. They almost fit in the 8/32 hole on my wire strippers so I think they sent the 8-40. Just wanted to verify

Last edited:

wfjames22

trigger yanker
Belligerents
May 8, 2009
SW TN
I was up in the air about whether to get a steel or CF barrel rifle. I was leaning toward a steel one until I read some posts of guys with the CF rifles. My local dealer had a CF one in stock so I took the decision to buy it. When I got there, he had a steel version also. I bought the CF barreled one after handling both of them. The steel barreled version seemed a lot heavier, way more than what the specs say. I got to go out and shoot it today. I was using Eley Standard, Eley Match Xtra and R50. I loaded 10 rounds of standard up to sight it in and shoot a 5 shot group, then shot a 10 round group with the Match xtra and 10 with the R50. All shots were at 50 yards. There was a little wind that was coming straight in towards me. Pics show the first 30 rounds shot thru this rifle. Me likey.
Nice! Pretty sure I’m going to go with the carbon fiber, just need to get one and start shooting. Thanks for the report.

munsonbw

Private
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2018
Paying attention to Facebook (and a little luck) I managed to acquire 3 extra mags.

Gonna stow 2 long term and run 2 for matches.

Not gonna be trying to find mags down the road.
Where on fb are you looking? Was this from a vendor or Bergara?

Reactions: cwmoss

jhr1986

Sergeant
Belligerents
Apr 6, 2012
SLCish, UT
Haven't updated with my results in a while. I have a few targets to share so I'll do it in two posts. In this post targets are from 5/26 and 5/29. All shot at 50 yards in 5 round groups, measurements taken outside edge to outside edge minus .224". 4 of 5 have the suppressed groups on the left and unsuppressed on the right, messed up one target and the 5/29 Flatnose match is opposite.

From 5/26/20:

SK Flatnose Match - Suppressed Avg: .601", unsuppressed: .426"
SK Biathlon Sport - Suppressed Avg: .464", unsuppressed: .476"

From 5/29/20:

SK Flatnose Match - Suppressed Avg: .476", unsuppressed: .376"
SK Biathlon Sport - Suppressed Avg: .408", unsuppressed: .395"
Federal HV Match - Suppresssed Avg: .545", unsuppressed: .464"

Attachments

jhr1986

Sergeant
Belligerents
Apr 6, 2012
SLCish, UT
Targets from today are below; again shot at 50 yards in 5 round groups with measurements outside to outside minus .224" Suppressed groups on the left, unsuppressed on the right.

Eley Standard Bulk Pack - Suppressed avg: .432", unsuppressed: .545"
Lapua OSP Pistol - Suppressed avg: .570", unsuppressed: .380"
Aguila Super Extra - Suppressed avg: .714", unsuppressed: .644"
SK Pistol Match - Suppressed avg: .589", unsuppressed: .507"
Eley/Remington Club - Suppressed avg: .413", unsuppressed: .413"

Attachments

JaoeyP

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2018
Got my barreled action and mags a week and a half ago and got it built. Grayboe stock, Timney 517 trigger. I practiced and had some really good coaching that really corrected some stability issues I was having with positional shooting. Shot my new toy in this last Saturday's NRL22 match at my club. I did have some failures to extract on my second stage that cost me some points. I believe I had lead build up in the throat. Scrubbed it after the stage and recovered nicely. I usually finish middle of the pack but managed to take 4th Saturday. This was huge for me, especially considering I outscored 2-3 of the guys I consider "guys to beat" in our group and was by far my best showing since I started shooting NRL22 in November 2018.

These rifles definitely shoot and handle nicely!

Tortuga

Chief
Belligerents
Apr 12, 2009
NH
Got my barreled action and mags a week and a half ago and got it built. Grayboe stock
Did you have any fitment issues with the Grayboe stock, e.g. trigger, bottom metal, barrel contour? I'm deciding between a Grayboe or an AG Composites Gladius while I wait for my barreled action to come in.

JaoeyP

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2018
Did you have any fitment issues with the Grayboe stock, e.g. trigger, bottom metal, barrel contour? I'm deciding between a Grayboe or an AG Composites Gladius while I wait for my barreled action to come in.
No fit issues with the Grayboe Ridgeback and Seekins bottom metal with the Bergara and Timney 517. Love that stock!

Yoteman2

Private
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2020
Paying attention to Facebook (and a little luck) I managed to acquire 3 extra mags.

Gonna stow 2 long term and run 2 for matches.

Not gonna be trying to find mags down the road.View attachment 7342200
Hello king
YOTEMAN here
Picked up a b14r at local shop
But they sold the magazine to the person that bought the 1st one
Really been looking for mags
Any heads up?
Vudoo mag works sometime, but not perfect
Thanks
Good to be back

munsonbw

Private
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2018
Yoteman, they were in stock at Bergara 2-3 days ago. I hesitated and missed them. You can sign up to be notified when they are in stock. Otherwise good luck, lots of people looking for them.

NewsShooter, well done on the paint job. It is a shame the stock paintjob makes the stock look like some molded plastic thing. A better paint job goes a long way for the rifle, imho.

charliedontsurf

Private
Belligerents
Dec 6, 2007
TX
Yoteman, they were in stock at Bergara 2-3 days ago. I hesitated and missed them. You can sign up to be notified when they are in stock. Otherwise good luck, lots of people looking for them.

NewsShooter, well done on the paint job. It is a shame the stock paintjob makes the stock look like some molded plastic thing. A better paint job goes a long way for the rifle, imho.
Got an 18" in today, installed a TT Special flat trigger, slapped it in a Manners T4 I painted awhile back and topped off with a PST II.

I have only function tested it, no extraction or eject issues, plan on zeroing it this weekend sometime.

20200703_152519.jpg20200703_152358.jpg