• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara LRP 2.0.....anyone have one?

want2learn

Private
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2013
Met someone who was raving about the Bergara LRP but i didn't know much about it so i did a brief search...it looks like it's discontinued but they have a 2020 model called the LRP 2.0. Wondering if anyone had any experience with that rifle? Are they as reliable/accurate/smooth as the Tikka T3X Tac A1 or the Badrocks long range rifle etc. thanks

I have an older model LRP. Still has a very low round count so I think my opinion on it is not skewed by it's having been worn in. It looks like the new rifle is pretty similar to what I have as far as it's base components. They're a very smooth action for a production receiver. I have not handled a Badrock, but in comparison to the Tikka's I feel it's a softer sort of feel. Hard to describe verbally, but to me the Tikka is a little bit of a looser, quicker feeling action, and the Bergara has a bit tighter smoother feeling. Like a linear bearing if you have ever had the chance to feel one of those. Smooth, but you can feel the surface friction in it. The Tikka also being "smooth" in that it doesn't drag in spots or hang up, but looser feeling fit.

Some pro's to the LRP are the triggertech trigger, AICS mags #8 screws on the scope rail. Cons- one piece bolt knob/stem if you don't like the factory nob (threaded into the bolt), heavier trigger pull than other R700 patern actions with equivalent triggers due to heavy firing pin, you have to find a scope rail to fit those #8 screws, and lastly the boxy chassis. I have the Gen 1 XLR Element on mine and don't love it. It's not very comfortable for me thumb forward which is generally how I prefer to shoot a bolt action.

Accuracy from what I have heard is equivalent between them, all quality button rifled barrels.

Reactions: alcap and Thecelt
No experience with the 2.0...... yet. I’m going to the Bergara Academy later this year. I do have a LRP Elite in .308 and honestly, I absolutely love it. The chassis is comfortable, the rifle is an easy 1/2 MOA, it does everything I want it to and then some. I also have a couple B14s and they are a step down from the Premier line but still a really nice choice in their price point. I will let you know about the 2.0 in August after I get some time behind it.

The elite had a bit nicer chassis than the normal, but how is the PRS stock on it? I've tried it (the PRS) on my rifle and it just doesn't work for me. The location of the grip is higher on the standard than on the elite. So it blocks where your thumb should go in a wrap around grip which was annoying, but the real issue I had was that the cheek rest was so far back that I couldn't use it and still get into the eyebox of my scope. Is it usable on the Elite?

I have 0 problems with the PRS stock. It fits me just fine. I have a Gen II 5-25 Viper PRS and have no problem with the stock and being comfortably in the eye box. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Also, that chassis is compatible with any AR buffer tube style stock, so there are options for sure

Bergara coned boltface means no prefit barrels - yet anyway.

The lack of available barrels is a bummer. You can get the rifles rebarreled by Bergara for 500 with one of their premeir tubes. There are smiths who will cut them for you as well, The machine work isn't signifigantly more dificult than a regular 700, just different.
Theres's more info in this thread from the gunsmithing section.

^Yes, but an easy DIY with a barrel nut is out - although if their actions are as good as they claim them to be, the aftermarket should be able to sell shouldered prefits like Kelbly's with the cone face. Then I'd probably buy one.

Reactions: Vodak
I have the original LRP and the 2.0 as well.

They use the Element 3.0 chassis on the 2020 LRP. Other than that no to much of difference.

I have the original LRP and the 2.0 as well.

They use the Element 3.0 chassis on the 2020 LRP. Other than that no to much of difference.
How do you like the Element vs XLR? My Elite has the Orias which I think is a pretty nice chassis.

I have LRP Elite in 6.5 with the Orias chassis and Magpul Gen 3. It is shoots consistently overlapping groups at 100 yards with Hornady 140 gr ELD Match. Never a hiccup or jam, etc. The only thing I did not like, is the KeyMod forearm; not a fan of KeyMod. It fits me perfectly and is very comfortable. I have 600 rounds through it and can’t be more satisfied. I was so impressed, I recently received a .223 from the Bergara custom shop. The MDT ACC chassis is the bomb!

I love mine. Bergara Lrp 2.0 300 PRC, APA Little Bastard Gen III, Leupold 20 MOA base, Seekins matched high rings, Vortex Razor HD 4.5-27. Shoots 1/2 MOA with 225 gr ELD-Match factory ammo. Haven't done any load development yet as I am still running through factory ammo to fire form some brass. Hoping I can get it under .4 MOA. Recoil is not bad at all. Almost better than my creedmoor. My 12 yr old daughter shot it the first day. Didn't complain about the recoil at all. She put up a 5/8 in five shot group at 100 yds. I would have preferred the XLR Envy chassis, but the Element is surprisingly good.
20200418_124255.jpg

I'm considering this rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor as an entry into precision long range shooting. What scope would be a good match to the XLR Element 3.0 chassis and the 6.5 Creedmoor caliber? I'll be shooting out to 1,000 yards max. My only experience with scopes has been low power (1-4x) Leupolds for deer rifles out to 150 yards. The local shop recommends the Vortex Viper Gen II PST 5-25x50 to get started. Scope budget is up to $2k, so could go with something like the Trijicon Tenmile 4.5-30x56 FFP illuminated.

No experience with the 2.0...... yet. I’m going to the Bergara Academy later this year. I do have a LRP Elite in .308 and honestly, I absolutely love it. The chassis is comfortable, the rifle is an easy 1/2 MOA, it does everything I want it to and then some. I also have a couple B14s and they are a step down from the Premier line but still a really nice choice in their price point. I will let you know about the 2.0 in August after I get some time behind it.

Is the academy using the LRP's now? I took the long range academy in 2018 and they used HMR Pro's at that time.

Still 1 spot left in that August event.... I'm trying to go. I can't get a flight there for less than a billion dollars though. Or a 30 hour drive... either or. Haha.

I'm considering this rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor as an entry into precision long range shooting. What scope would be a good match to the XLR Element 3.0 chassis and the 6.5 Creedmoor caliber? I'll be shooting out to 1,000 yards max. My only experience with scopes has been low power (1-4x) Leupolds for deer rifles out to 150 yards. The local shop recommends the Vortex Viper Gen II PST 5-25x50 to get started. Scope budget is up to $2k, so could go with something like the Trijicon Tenmile 4.5-30x56 FFP illuminated.
That’s the scope I have, purchased from a member on this board. I have been very happy with it.

That’s the scope I have, purchased from a member on this board. I have been very happy with it.

Thanks for the reply. I am waffling between the two scopes mentioned in my post. I see from your earlier posts that you went with the Vortex Viper Gen II PST 5-25x50. The Trijicon Tenmile 4.5-30x56 FFP is only about $550 more, and seems like it could be an upgrade with the 34mm tube and 56mm objective for more light, and an improved reticle.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I am waffling between the two scopes mentioned in my post. I see from your earlier posts that you went with the Vortex Viper Gen II PST 5-25x50. The Trijicon Tenmile 4.5-30x56 FFP is only about $550 more, and seems like it could be an upgrade with the 34mm tube and 56mm objective for more light, and an improved reticle.
Sorry, didn’t notice you referred to two scopes. Yes, I went with the Vortex and think it’s a pretty decent scope for the money. Is it as nice as a Steiner or such? No, but it’s pretty damn good for sub $1k.

I love mine. Bergara Lrp 2.0 300 PRC, APA Little Bastard Gen III, Leupold 20 MOA base, Seekins matched high rings, Vortex Razor HD 4.5-27. Shoots 1/2 MOA with 225 gr ELD-Match factory ammo. Haven't done any load development yet as I am still running through factory ammo to fire form some brass. Hoping I can get it under .4 MOA. Recoil is not bad at all. Almost better than my creedmoor. My 12 yr old daughter shot it the first day. Didn't complain about the recoil at all. She put up a 5/8 in five shot group at 100 yds. I would have preferred the XLR Envy chassis, but the Element is surprisingly good. View attachment 7312649
What magazines does this accept? (Looking at getting one and haven't found a real answer.) They picture it with a Magpul AICS, but give no details regarding the specific mag.

What magazines does this accept? (Looking at getting one and haven't found a real answer.) They picture it with a Magpul AICS, but give no details regarding the specific mag.

My Bergara accepts AICS, Magpul, the Magpul copies that I have which have a Savage logo on the bottom... hasn't been picky. AICS profile... done.

I'll be using MDT metal/poly mags soon once they arrive. Expect them to work just fine.

Reactions: GTHappy