• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara or VuDoo

If it’s in your budget, get the Vudoo (or wait for the Ultimatum Deuce, etc.). Having owned one and let it go, I wish I still had it. :ROFLMAO: I couldn’t afford to keep it at the time, and have been looking at other options (including the Bergara) to fill in while I save back up for another Vudoo, and I think I’m just going to get a 457 to run for now. Much less expensive than the Bergara, accurate enough to have fun (I’m not trying to kid anyone into believing I can win an NRL22 match just yet!), and their resale is decent enough that I can sell it to finish off the Vudoo funds when I get to that point, if I want to.

But seriously, the Vudoo is the most amazing .22 I’ve ever had the pleasure of owning, and while expensive, they’re well worth the cost!

I am in the exact same boat. Surely wish I didn’t need the money that required me to sell it off. But that’s how life rolls.

so buy a B14R
get a scope base
get a trigger to match
replace the stock/chassis
get a contour barrel to closer match comp rifle (and are proven to shoot well)

or buy a vudoo barreled action and not replace anything
I just heard from Bergara that they are selling barreled actions. Get the 22" for better balance!

I just heard from Bergara that they are selling barreled actions. Get the 22" for better balance!

Did they give you a price on the barreled action? From the pictures their stocks that come on the gun look good. I haven’t been able to get my hands on one.

Hmmm I’ve got a car carbon chassis sitting on the shelf at the house...

Ive worked 60-70 hours a week for the last 15+ years of my life supporting my family, building a business, helping my wife through early stages of MS over the last few years, a son with autism... Life is short, money means little when you put it in perspective. Time away at the range is hard to find, so I might as well enjoy what little time I do get.
This.... amen!

Reactions: nakoa01
If you want to compete in NRL22 then get a KIDD and put it in a Victor Titan stock. If you want to train for running a bolt gun get the Tikka/Bergara/Voodoo. I squaded in a match with a shooter that was having feed issues with a Voodoo, it happened but only saw it that one time. One consideration get a Tikka/Bergara and put a great scope on it and when you have the change for a Voodoo then get one and sell the first rifle (in that case Tikka might be the better bet). You did not mention NRL22, but if you want to compete in that arena then the KIDD 1022 is Killer. The accurate semiautomatic is easy easy easy to run in th 22 competition and they are ACCURATE and the left over $$$ can go to a high end optic.

Something no one seems to ever talk about.

Buy a CZ for $650 (or whatever), put on a $300-600 stock and $350 barrel, trigger, etc, etc., spend 200 hours trying different ammo, etc, etc...you're still not happy.....THEN try and sell it...you'll be LUCKY to get 1/2 back of what you have in it.

Buy a Vudoo and chassis, then list and sell it (even though you probably won't and DEFINITELY won't be because you're not happy), you'll have guys lined up, and MIGHT lose $100-$150.

Buy a CZ for $650 (or whatever), put on a $300-600 stock and $350 barrel, trigger, etc, etc., spend 200 hours trying different ammo, etc, etc...you're still not happy.....THEN try and sell it...you'll be LUCKY to get 1/2 back of what you have in it.

Buy a Vudoo and chassis, then list and sell it (even though you probably won't and DEFINITELY won't be because you're not happy), you'll have guys lined up, and MIGHT lose $100-$150.

Financially makes sense, but it's sometimes hard for people to save until $3000 when they want the gratification of shooting something for $500 first, and slowly use their future paychecks to upgrade and learn what they need.

That's what I did... did I ultimately lose money selling my used stuff - yep. But I wasn't going to be dropping $3K on a rifle when I had never shot any precision 22 or knew anything about shooting.

If I went back in time and my future self talked to my past self, I'm not sure I would have been able to get a beginner shooter to drop $3K on a rifle. That's why I bought a Tikka T3X CTR, and not a GAP rifle when I first started out.

Last edited:
Let's not forget, Vudoo now has layaway. They will start building your tifle and give you 4 months to pay it off. I just dont think there is a better company to deal with or higher end product. They have set the bar with a product and caring about their customers. Lots of new stuff coming out but I will not be buying anybody elses products in that price range except Vudoo. I like most of the others had them all. But nothing compares to the Vudoo.

so buy a B14R
get a scope base
get a trigger to match
replace the stock/chassis
get a contour barrel to closer match comp rifle (and are proven to shoot well)

or buy a vudoo barreled action and not replace anything

Let me rationalize this.

Bergara, yes you have to buy a scope base. Ok $40. You want to replace the trigger, I get that $200. Here is what I don't understand, why would you need to replace that HMR stock? I mean, I wouldn't dream of doing that myself. I would never buy the B-14R with the initial intentions on replacing a Bergara barrel.

Vudoo, you say buy a barreled action and not replace anything? I guess so because you don't have anything else to start with, unless I missed something. So you are forced to buy at least the Bravo, $360. You have to buy a trigger, $200. That comes to around $2,350 vs. $1,050 for the B-14R with nice trigger.

Don't get me wrong, I like Vudoo products and will probably have one sometime this year. I just don't understand your thought process of WHY you have to replace the stock and barrel. I understand the trigger, I replaced mine. New people coming here and read your comment would make them think they couldn't compete with a stock B-14R. Enlighten me.

Reactions: VP47PPC
Let me rationalize this.

Bergara, yes you have to buy a scope base. Ok $40. You want to replace the trigger, I get that $200. Here is what I don't understand, why would you need to replace that HMR stock? I mean, I wouldn't dream of doing that myself. I would never buy the B-14R with the initial intentions on replacing a Bergara barrel.

Vudoo, you say buy a barreled action and not replace anything? I guess so because you don't have anything else to start with, unless I missed something. So you are forced to buy at least the Bravo, $360. You have to buy a trigger, $200. That comes to around $2,350 vs. $1,050 for the B-14R with nice trigger.

Don't get me wrong, I like Vudoo products and will probably have one sometime this year. I just don't understand your thought process of WHY you have to replace the stock and barrel. I understand the trigger, I replaced mine. New people coming here and read your comment would make them think they couldn't compete with a stock B-14R. Enlighten me.

I believe the above logic stated was to build a rimfire that matches a centerfire rifle build (as in matching a stock and trigger to a centerfire match rifle) This also doesn’t play out this was, as Bergara seems to be offering a barreled action, so there is no need to throw away the factory trigger / stock on the B14r if you would rather use your own.

I don’t think that everyone shopping for a Bergara / Vudoo has this objective in mind, I will actually be working backwards and finding out what I like for trigger / chassis on a rimfire first before building a centerfire rig.

Regardless, this really doesn’t need to turning into crapping on any manufacturer. Compared to what was on the market 5-10 years ago, I’m thrilled to have options like the T1x or 457 for sub $600, impressed that Bergara is offering a $650 barreled action, and astounded there is now multiple high end offerings for barreled actions/ complete rifles.

Regardless of where you put your cash, I would hardly say you’re “losing”

Last edited:
Reactions: randyman_ar
Let me rationalize this.

Can't speak for other guys, but I personally don't love the stock for NRL22. I owned an HMR in 6.5 Creed, the stock was the only thing I upgraded. I found the forend too narrow for it to easily balance on a bag and that was from a bench. For any kind of positional shooting I'd want a wider forend for sure.

Though I love to build and tinker. When it comes to the 22lr setup, this is the path I chose. I've spent countless hours reading the forums for rpr and tikka. I'd rather spend extra money up front and not be constantly tinkering, sending the rifle back to the factory or buying new parts. I'm putting the deposit down on my V-22 this week.

Can't speak for other guys, but I personally don't love the stock for NRL22. I owned an HMR in 6.5 Creed, the stock was the only thing I upgraded. I found the forend too narrow for it to easily balance on a bag and that was from a bench. For any kind of positional shooting I'd want a wider forend for sure.

1911Shootist, thanks for that link. They have a couple of products that would be useful to me.

I'll have to take a measurement on my HMR and MPA forearm and see what the width difference is.

Reactions: 1911Shootist
I owned an HMR in 6.5 Creed, the stock was the only thing I upgraded. I found the forend too narrow for it to easily balance on a bag and that was from a bench. For any kind of positional shooting I'd want a wider forend for sure.
what did you replace the HMR with?

Why doesn't Vudoo sell just the action?
I'm sure this question has already been answered but I don't feel like searching for it.
I don't like or want any of the barrels offered with the action, hence the question.

The main reason is none of the barrels are available in 24" and the other is they don't offer my favorite two brands.
Sorry, I'm not gonna mention the two brands because I don't want the grief, lol.
I want a 24" barrel so I can attach a 3" Tuner to it for 27 total inches.
I like the looks of a 27" barrel better than anything I've ever seen.
If I'm gonna pay $6,500.00+ for a rifle combo, I want to, at least, like the way it looks.
I want one of my favorite brand barrels too!

Reactions: Hi-Wall and XP1K
The main reason is none of the barrels are available in 24" and the other is they don't offer my favorite two brands.
Sorry, I'm not gonna mention the two brands because I don't want the grief, lol.
If I'm gonna pay $6,500.00+ for a rifle combo, I want to, at least, like the way it looks.

im pretty sure if you called and talked to them(awesome ppl ive dealt with them)they would put your barrel of choice on their action.

They didn't offer my preferred choice of barrels either.

I went with a 20" ACE kukri. Hasn't disappointed me yet.

Reactions: STex
I ended up going with a Bergara barrelled action because I couldn't swing the 1200 for the Vudoo. My biggest complaint is the bolt has a really heavy close, and their firing pin design sucks. It shoots well however, so it'll do for now.

I'll be saving up for a Vudoo, but the B14r works.

Reactions: patriotnation
IMO, buy what you really want. But I will say the Bergara is an excellent shooter. My buddy has finished consistently in the top 10 for our club of about 40+ participants with his Bergara. He finished as high as 3rd. He did take the barreled action and put in in an MPA chassis. But it's still Bergara where it counts. I have a Bergara too and really like it. With that said I am ordering a RimX as I'm left handed and have found I'm losing time in matches with the right hand bolt. I did contact bergara to see if they were going to build a left hand model which I would have bought instead of a RimX but they are not...

@winklche what’s the flaw with their firing pin?
They left a really sharp corner on the transition to a smaller diameter which means a high stress concentration on an already thin part. Broke mine from dry firing and I've been waiting on replacements for 3 weeks now.

Reactions: rookie7
I went with a Bergara only because I want to make sure this isn’t just a phase because center fire is so expensive. But I have been really enjoying shooting rimfire. If I I continue to enjoy shooting rimfire like now, I will sell the Bergara barreled action and get a Vudoo. If I was 100 percent on board just get the Vudoo.

I shot a mates voodoo v22 and it was extremely accurate with the right ammo and was getting 1/4 to 3/8 moa groups at the local 50m indoor range and using a select batch of eley tenex, then i tested the b14r bergara and it was very much on par with selected batch ammo ,but that's my own personal experience, needless to say i bought that b14r and with a trigger tech special fitted it's given my mates v22 a run for his money, the only thing is that it's a bit heavy when it's compared to the lighter cz's ,but i love mine

Attachments

• bergara B14r 22lr cropped.jpg
    bergara B14r 22lr cropped.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 72
All I'll ask is how serious you want to in comps? Your talking about back yard shooting?
My question is do you think you need a Rolls Royce for just running to the shops and once or twice a year doing a long run. Yes it's nice to have the best but do you really need it?
The Bergara, CZ and Tikka all shoot well up to a point. You could purchase a a really nice set up for the cost of a complete VGW rifle (without all the ancillaries)!
I would love to be able to purchase a VGW rifle and it would take me an age to afford the glass, mounts, bipod etc which would compliment the rifle!
We all love to shoot and we would all like to spend that sort of cash! But if that's what you want go for it. Personally I would say go to a few matches, have a go on club guns, talk to fellow shooters.
If you like the comps and decide on really going for it, buy the vudoo.
If it's back yard shooting I'd say save your pennies and choose the others.

BERGARA BOLT ACTION trainer or make the jump to VuDoo. Bergara under a grand VuDoo at 3000 grand. Can’t make up my mind. Want to shoot a few matches but mostly to shoot around the yard and get better at positions and barricades
I have shot a lot of long range with a .22 and can't see spending that kind of money on one considering the .22 lr's limitations.

I will add this. I was in this same boat in Aug of 2020. I found out I could buy the Bergara at dealer cost, so I saved and bought it the next month. I have 799 rounds down the tube now. I have shot in 2 NRL22 matches and finished 3,2 of 15-20 shooters. I completed the A&J Sports Pop Can Challenge in 5 shots. I really love the sport and the people involved. That being said I Love my Bergara, but I want more. I don’t know how much more I can squeeze out of it.
3DA634D4-0D00-49A2-B2B8-400B8CB652FA.jpeg

I am now in the dilemma of building a RimX or buy a Vudoo Ravage. Either way I will keep my Bergara and use it as a loaner/ backup rifle. I am leaning more and more to the V-22 to only have 1 place to go if I have a problem with something. Magazines are significantly cheaper than RimX as well.

I don't think you can go wrong with either decision you make. Vudoo only requires a 20% deposit to get your build started. Then final payment when it is ready to go. I was told 16-18 weeks when I was emailing and asking questions. Hope this helps a little.

I will add this. I was in this same boat in Aug of 2020. I found out I could buy the Bergara at dealer cost, so I saved and bought it the next month. I have 799 rounds down the tube now. I have shot in 2 NRL22 matches and finished 3,2 of 15-20 shooters. I completed the A&J Sports Pop Can Challenge in 5 shots. I really love the sport and the people involved. That being said I Love my Bergara, but I want more. I don’t know how much more I can squeeze out of it. View attachment 7529294
I am now in the dilemma of building a RimX or buy a Vudoo Ravage. Either way I will keep my Bergara and use it as a loaner/ backup rifle. I am leaning more and more to the V-22 to only have 1 place to go if I have a problem with something. Magazines are significantly cheaper than RimX as well.

I don't think you can go wrong with either decision you make. Vudoo only requires a 20% deposit to get your build started. Then final payment when it is ready to go. I was told 16-18 weeks when I was emailing and asking questions. Hope this helps a little.

These were part of my first 200 rounds of my Vudoo with SK+. It can get a little better. It's the same kind of decision on saying getting a Tikka T3X versus a custom Impact/Defiance/Zermatt etc. My Tikka T3X also shot sub moa... don't need one or another to win a match.

1610807486026.png

I will add this. I was in this same boat in Aug of 2020. I found out I could buy the Bergara at dealer cost, so I saved and bought it the next month. I have 799 rounds down the tube now. I have shot in 2 NRL22 matches and finished 3,2 of 15-20 shooters. I completed the A&J Sports Pop Can Challenge in 5 shots. I really love the sport and the people involved. That being said I Love my Bergara, but I want more. I don’t know how much more I can squeeze out of it. View attachment 7529294

That Bergara shoots good.

Reactions: Defender32
BERGARA BOLT ACTION trainer or make the jump to VuDoo. Bergara under a grand VuDoo at 3000 grand. Can’t make up my mind. Want to shoot a few matches but mostly to shoot around the yard and get better at positions and barricades
My B14r is flawless, I hope to be putting out a new review soon.
I've consistently held under 6in at almost 500yds with good match ammo.
50yds is well under sub moa.
I have no reason to upgrade so far...
Take care

My B14r is flawless, I hope to be putting out a new review soon.
I've consistently held under 6in at almost 500yds with good match ammo.
50yds is well under sub moa.
I have no reason to upgrade so far...
Take care

You must have a unicorn if you're consistently holding under 6" at 500 yards. Congrats on a great rifle.

You must have a unicorn if you're consistently holding under 6" at 500 yards. Congrats on a great rifle.
Honestly, it shocked me but I have recorded video of the hits.
I would've been happy to hit the 12in gong consistently considering the environmentals and lack of bc from the 22lr round.
Still, I plan to test it more and more.
I believe I have found the right rifle/ammo combination.
I mean will it hold 6in groups x5 range trips, we will find out I suppose.
But at 50yds it is an absolute tack driving machine.