• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Berger 6.5mm 130 VLD Target vs Hunting

Ratbert

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2007
Concord, NC
Anyone know what the difference between the 6.5mm 130gr VLD Target bullet vs Hunting bullet is? They both list the same dimensions and BC on the website...

Re: Berger 6.5mm 130 VLD Target vs Hunting

the target bullets have a heavier jacket that probably won't expand much.

I thought the target VLD's had been promoted as being terrific game bullets... ?

They were, then Berger strengthened up the jackets on their hunting bullets and called them thick. The thick nomenclature was replaced with target- hence target and hunting VLD's.

So the hunting VLD's are the same match quality as the originals? As long as I don't intend to over spin them, is there any reason I wouldn't want to use the hunting for matches? That way I can run just a single bullet for both.

I think you guys have it backwards the "Target" bullets are thicker to help reduce bullet failures due to heat and friction. The "Hunting" bullets have the same jacket they have been using for a while. To my knowledge they havent built any 130 thick jackets yet only 140's in the 6.5

Who has it confused? That sounds like the same answer everyone else has given.