• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Berryman Chem Dip: Anybody used it on a suppressor?

varmint slayer

Area 419 OG
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2010
NE, WY
Like the title says. Anybody tried it on a suppressor? Couple videos on YouTube show it cleaning some pretty nasty piston rings and such in like an hour. I know it's not going to work in an hour or even one cycle but maybe faster than say Bore Tech or CLR etc? Well what say you crazy bastards?

Tried it without success on a sealed Tactical Solutions Cascade Ti suppressor. Also tried ultrasonic cleaning with several different mixtures of poison. Eventually sent it back to have it cleaned. I started doing some novice duracoat stuff and bought a cheap bead blast cabinet to remove the finish from firearms. I found that this works excellent with glass beads for cleaning built up carbon from rimfire suppressors if you can remove the baffles. I wouldnt do it on aluminum.

Tried it without success on a sealed Tactical Solutions Cascade Ti suppressor. Also tried ultrasonic cleaning with several different mixtures of poison. Eventually sent it back to have it cleaned. I started doing some novice duracoat stuff and bought a cheap bead blast cabinet to remove the finish from firearms. I found that this works excellent with glass beads for cleaning built up carbon from rimfire suppressors if you can remove the baffles. I wouldnt do it on aluminum.
How long did you let it soak for? I'm soaking one right now but just curious how long you let it set in there.

I ended up letting it soak overnight after checking every hour for the first few with no success. But that can had heavy lead nuild build up. Your post made we want to retry, so I took my aac element and tactical solutions axiom apart for a retry. Ill post the results tomorrow. No lead built up on either this time just a very little carbon.

I ended up letting it soak overnight after checking every hour for the first few with no success. But that can had heavy lead nuild build up. Your post made we want to retry, so I took my aac element and tactical solutions axiom apart for a retry. Ill post the results tomorrow. No lead built up on either this time just a very little carbon.
Cool. Yeah I have mine still soaking this morning. I'll give it 24 hours or so and then check it. My 30P-1 is crazy dirty (like 9 or 10oz over dirty) so we shall see what it does to it. Its all carbon in it so should do at least a little something I hope.

Still no luck here. My 22 baffles were only lightly coated with crusty carbon and this stuff didnt get half of it after about 12 hours.

Yep me either. I soaked my 30P-1 for a little over 24 hours and it didn't do shit. Literally nothing at all. I'm done with that stuff. CLR does 50 times what this stuff does in the same time frame.

Yep me either. I soaked my 30P-1 for a little over 24 hours and it didn't do shit. Literally nothing at all. I'm done with that stuff. CLR does 50 times what this stuff does in the same time frame.

You need to just call Shane up and get one of his custom pressure washer nozzles that he uses to clean cans.

I made one that works pretty decent really. Just a piece of stainless tubing with a 1/16" hole drilled in it. I need to make one with a smaller hole but I'll have to order a smaller bit.
e1220a0f9472f8ff8a764d50a480718c.jpg

You need to add small ball berings in it like the concrete nozzle has. I think that mat work better at breaking stuff up ?