• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Best 3-Gun Shotgun

Re: Best 3-Gun Shotgun

I'm not trying to use 3.5" shells, I just have a 3.5" chamber.

As far as I can tell the only disadvantage is that the receiver is longer, but the gun is so huge anyway that 1" of extra receiver doesn't really matter.

Thanks for all of the great input. I went with the FN SLP, and it runs like a champ. I would highly recommend it to one looking for a nice running shotgun.

OW

For 3-gun having a port for 3.5" shells and loading 2 3/4" shells is an advantage as you have a bigger target for the shells when loading in a hurry. I run a VersaMax tactical worked over by Benny Hill at Triangle Shooting Sports. No matter how much you're spending I think this is the best set up. It shoots softer than an M2. If rules allow where you shoot, you can get longer extensions form Nordic. I have a few different length extensions for use depending on where I'm shooting.

Not sure why this thread is in the suppressor section.

I had a good look at a Beretta 1301 comp today. I think it looks superb and is a ready made 3-gun out of the box and it is cheaper than the Benelli M2 even pre any modifications.

I will vote for Mossberg 930. However, you may need to upgrade some plastic parts with aftermarket parts to make it more reliable, especially for matches. I purchased one from my friend and immediately found the fore-end retainer is broken. He only shot around 500 rounds. But it is cheap (I only spent $300), and you get what you paid for.

I️ got a mossberge 930 JM from palmetto state armory for $550 and I️ havnt changed anything to it and it runs great and nothing comes close to it in cost.

Re: Best 3-Gun Shotgun

Hike your skirt up and run an 870

Hah I’ve actually seen guys school people with factory 870’s in a few matches befor. I ran a mossy 500 with 7 round tube for the first couple years in 3 gun but i always loathed shooting shotgun and never made the time to practice my reloads