• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best .300WM brass to use? Components

Tactical30

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2009
Eastern Ohio
Im sure this has been gone over numerous times before but im currently having a .300WM being built by Warner Tool.

I am currently getting the reloading components together for it but not sure what brass to purchase for it?

I got the bullets - 208gr. A-MAX + 220gr. SMK
Powder- H-1000 + RL-22
Primers - Federal 215M

Wish I could find some Lapua!

Norma? next choice?

How does the Remington and Win brass hold up for the .300WM?

Re: Best .300WM brass to use? Components

RWS 300 Win mag brass is some of the best after Lapua.

The only source I presently know that carries it in bulk lots is:

RWS 300 Mag Brass

There my be others....

I've had a really good experience with the lot of 200 Nosler brass I bought 2 years ago. They were all within less than 1gr and needed no prep at all. Load and fire. I must have over 10 firings on them and there still is no sign of end of life. Time for annealing though as the seating pressure is getting inconsistent.

I can't speak for the Nosler brass that's being made now. When I bought my brass I called Nosler, they told me it was made by Norma. I've heard since, although I have not confirmed, that Norma no longer makes it.

The Win. brass I just bought was junk by comparison, but was all I could find. Large weight variance, necks from .0115 to .0175. Large scratches inside the necks. Very inconsistent primer pockets. Needed LOTS of prep.
frown.gif

John

Really burns my ass that Lapua quit making the win mag brass. They waste their time making mauser brass and reinventing .308 brass with a small primer, but they won't make brass that everybody and their mother wants. Baffles me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RWS 300 Win mag brass is some of the best after Lapua.

RWS 300 Mag Brass

There my be others....

</div></div>

Doesnt sound to bad- 1000pcs of RWS .300WM brass for $500 (unprimed)

If this is the next step down from Lapua brass (if you could find it) this is a good price cuz im sure you would be paying around.90cents a piece for .300WM Lapua brass.

Im going to go with this brass (RWS) for my first reloads for the .300WM.

Anyone know of any other dealers besides this one that sells RWS brass for the 300WM??

Another good choice is NORMA, but it comes at a premium.

Longrange30,

One note of caution if your going with RWS brass: Empty Case weights with RWS 300 mag average around 270 grs vs 216 grains for Lapua brass. Your top charge loads will be in the neighbor hood of 2-3 grains LESS than with Lapua.

RWS brass is very strong and heavy, and it's case capacity is smaller.

Bob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange30</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RWS 300 Win mag brass is some of the best after Lapua.

RWS 300 Mag Brass

</div></div>

If this is the next step down from Lapua brass (if you could find it) this is a good price cuz im sure you would be paying around.90cents a piece for .300WM Lapua brass.
</div></div>

I have been getting $2 a piece for Lapua 300 WM brass