• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Need Help replacing lost gear in Maui (Lahaina) Fire

In my defense, I never called him a fed....I said it raises alarms.....

As for being LL sanctioned.......to be fair, we don't know that for certain.....

There's nothing stopping me from making a post claiming LL said I have the largest dong on the hide, so it's now a fact.

Dude could be a great guy....but I dont blame anyone for having doubts....
I get it. I could show the Dm request to LL and his response but I'm not trying to make a giant chaos thread and I'm not about to drag him into this. Although, I would like to prevent the very thing he asked me not to do " let it get out of control" from happening.

I get it. I could show the Dm request to LL and his response but I'm not trying to make a giant chaos thread and I'm not about to drag him into this. Although, I would like to prevent the very thing he asked me not to do " let it get out of control" from happening.

Attachments

• too-fucking-late.png
    too-fucking-late.png
    28.8 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: atefft22
Guys, you all know I'm the most cynical asshole on this site...well maybe just high in the running. Its a high mark indeed.

This guy is legit. I won't go preachy on you, but...yeah I will.
But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

Guys, you all know I'm the most cynical asshole on this site...well maybe just high in the running. Its a high mark indeed.
well bud, i guess the crown gets passed to me then.

i hate to say it, but from the start the hair on the back of my neck stood up. is this guy a legit forum member? it seems so.

i look at this through the prism of "what if it happened to me". heaven forbid that should happen to anyone; but A. who knows that it actually did. B. how many here would handle it this way?

@Cowpokey had a fire. idk.....i guess i am a cynical asshole. too many events out there preying upon the good graces of generous people turn into scams. and this forum certainly has been a magnet for those kind in the not-to-distant past.

something with this seems way off.

Reactions: Cowpokey
@Cowpokey had a fire. idk.....i guess i am a cynical asshole. too many events out there preying upon the good graces of generous people turn into scams. and this forum certainly has been a magnet for those kind in the not-to-distant past.
Pretty sure it was part of the initial post that we didn't want/need anything from anyone because of the fire.

Fire sucks, coming on a forum asking strangers to help you out without so much as a picture of the aftermath seems questionable...AT BEST. Picture of some fire disaster incoming from the OP in 3...2....1...

I've been a member here over 10 years and in that time I've seen how our small community has stepped up to help each other thru almost everything that can befall someone, from terrible divorces, spouses dying, house fires, even malicious persecutions in foreign countries! Have we been scammed? Sure (Thesis), but I've happily given my share of prayers and money. Yes, if something like this happened to be, God forbid, I may very well handle it this way. I just don't think it's out of place to say, "Guys, I've lost all my stuff, but I've got money. Please sell me your extra stuff you could spare". He's not asking for free stuff, Glock switches, shotgun barrels shortened, investment in rifle companies. Just sell me your extra stuff.

i hate to say it, but from the start the hair on the back of my neck stood up. is this guy a legit forum member? it seems so.

i look at this through the prism of "what if it happened to me". heaven forbid that should happen to anyone; but A. who knows that it actually did. B. how many here would handle it this way?

I disagree. I think its legit. Im actually suprised this thread didnt get started by the typical forum "help squad".

This entire forum could use a little less cynicism. Not everyone is bad. Better to support an individual the Oprahs BS!

Pretty sure it was part of the initial post that we didn't want/need anything from anyone because of the fire.

Fire sucks, coming on a forum asking strangers to help you out without so much as a picture of the aftermath seems questionable...AT BEST. Picture of some fire disaster incoming from the OP in 3...2....1...

Let me explain something to both of you.
I dont know him. I dont need to know him really.
I've myself done a great deal of soul searching of late. Being a student of God's word for 47 years, I can assure you of one thing.
I am simply doing what I was told.

As to the other "group that does this" im a member of that group.
I told them last night, that replacing my loading stuff would be a top priority.
Especially if the government just burnt my house down.
I better shut up before I go beyond righteous anger.

Help, or dont help. If you don't want to help, then STFU.

And another thing. The guy has given me his address. Ive checked him out. He adds up.

So much for doing things in secret.

I know I'm one of you, but sometimes.....yall need the shit shook out of you.

Let me explain something to both of you.
I dont know him. I dont need to know him really.
I've myself done a great deal of soul searching of late. Being a student of God's word for 47 years, I can assure you of one thing.
I am simply doing what I was told.

As to the other "group that does this" im a member of that group.
I told them last night, that replacing my loading stuff would be a top priority.
Especially if the government just burnt my house down.
I better shut up before I go beyond righteous anger.

Help, or dont help. If you don't want to help, then STFU.

And another thing. The guy has given me his address. Ive checked him out. He adds up.

So much for doing things in secret.

I know I'm one of you, but sometimes.....yall need the shit shook out of you.
Don't feel the need to reply to me, just so you can feel righteous. You don't know the OP, and you don't know me. I stayed out of this thread until my name/situation was brought into it, so SHUT THE FUCK UP about things you have ZERO first hand knowledge of. Happy Sunday.

Don't feel the need to reply to me, just so you can feel righteous. You don't know the OP, and you don't know me. I stayed out of this thread until my name/situation was brought into it, so SHUT THE FUCK UP about things you have ZERO first hand knowledge of. Happy Sunday.

Bless your heart.

I'd like to know what you paranoid people think a fed or a scammer could hope to gain here?

He sends you money, you legally send him items.

You're paranoid for no reason. And, I'll say it again, go read his list. You could never make up such a detailed hodgepodge of shit without actually having had it. Most people wouldn't even know what mist of those words meant. This is the #1 most ridiculous "This guys a glowie/fed/plant/scammer" post in the long history of this forum.

It's like clown world in here.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
Not commenting on anyone in particular...so no one take this as an accusations of anyone......

but as for scammers.....could be as simple as telling a sob story to get a good deal, or have people offer to send stuff for free, and then just resell it for profit.

Could be sending bad checks, getting goods, and disappearing

As for Feds....it's really easy to slip into a convo an offhand comment about potentially having ill intentions that could get played off as making a joke...."oh yeah i need to restock so i can kidnap the Governor lol".....and now you are complicit in arming extremists.

But you can't blame people for being cautious when I'm pretty sure LL himself has come out and said "hey Feds are watching, be careful"
So how is what you described any different than every single buy/sell ad on the forum?

You're avoiding the question.

What about what this particular man is asking for is worthy of all of this bullshit? What did he say or do that warranted all of this ridiculous b.s.?

The answer is: absolutely nothing.

There is more dumb shit in this post than is believable..

"Your house burned a month ago and you're buying reloading supplies?"

Uh, fuck yeah, like I said earlier, I'd be doing the same thing within a week or two. If you lost everything, and you're as committed to this shit as I am, (shitty prs shooter, year round hunter (almost hunting season), and a guy who shoots 4 days a week on average, I wouldn't have waited a month.

He hasn't asked for anything but a fair exchange for shit he lost and you clowns are giving him hell for it.

Listen, if you have something to sell him and he tells you to ship it to China, come back and let us know, but if you're just in this post because you're a dipshit online detective trying to save humanity from itself, thanks, but on behalf of humanity, find something better to do with your time than harass a man who just lost everything he owned in a fire.

This isn't aimed at you neccessarily Mac, just everyone giving this dude shit. Sell him the items he's asking to buy, or don't, but stop shitting on him, it's ridiculous and unjustified.

...If I was OP and I got treated like this, ide be laughing my ass off...

This isn't TheHighRoad...if you want people who pretend to civil and sophisticated, but wont do dick to help you, hit them up...

But if you can laugh off the autism, SH is actually filled with some of the most knowledgeable and generous people you will ever meet.
It's also filled with poser assholes with small dicks who dominate the comments. There are 50 of them for everyone who can piss without pulling their pants to their knees.

Reactions: atefft22
I've been a member here over 10 years and in that time I've seen how our small community has stepped up to help each other thru almost everything that can befall someone, from terrible divorces, spouses dying, house fires, even malicious persecutions in foreign countries! Have we been scammed? Sure (Thesis), but I've happily given my share of prayers and money. Yes, if something like this happened to be, God forbid, I may very well handle it this way. I just don't think it's out of place to say, "Guys, I've lost all my stuff, but I've got money. Please sell me your extra stuff you could spare". He's not asking for free stuff, Glock switches, shotgun barrels shortened, investment in rifle companies. Just sell me your extra stuff.
100 percent I'm just looking to get back going guys. Please use your better judgment and I'm cool with it. Help or dont. The last thing I would ever want is someone to be scammed . I haven't been allowed in to view my property yet, but I've seen footage and everything in this neighborhood is flattend except a few random houses.