• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best 700 2 stage trigger

260S

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2018
After doing some searching for posts covering this, I came up short. I'm building a tl3 and would like the best 2 stage trigger I can find. This rifles would be used in mostly competition style shooting but may crossover into hunting. I like a 2lb weight. The Huber is not an option as I don't like the mechanics. Triggers I have seen include Tubb's T7T, cg x-treMe mod 22, timney Calvin elite 2 stage.

The best 2 stage trigger I have experience with is a Tony Kidd 2 stage for a 10/22.

I'm also interested in opions on trigger shoe shapes. Do the newer blade shapes aid in good trigger control?

Any personal experience or thoughts are appreciated.

I recently got the Bix N Andy 2 stage trigger with the flat shoe, its pretty sweet. Got a buddy with the Calvin Elite 2 stage and don't think its near as nice.

Reactions: JustBC and 260S
I recently got the Bix N Andy 2 stage trigger with the flat shoe, its pretty sweet. Got a buddy with the Calvin Elite 2 stage and don't think its near as nice.
Thank you, BNA is going on the list.

I am looking at getting a Tubb for my TL3 but am wondering about fitment into chassis as I have read it can be hit and miss sometimes.

Reactions: 260S
I have the BNA TAC-Sport on a Rem700 and it is really good. Need to make sure you keep enough sear engagement that it won’t drop on bolt-close or slam-fire. Some can be a bit close to the wind on this out of the box. Haven’t been able to eliminate the over-travel though - not sure that’s possible.

Reactions: 260S and kthomas
I would throw the Geissele 700 in the mix as well. It's like having SSA-E on a bolt action. Got mine set at 2 lbs.

Reactions: J.Boney
In for suggestions. I've got an SD-E on my AR, and looking at 2 stage 700 triggers as well. As someone else pointed out, the Tubbs may not fit in all chassis, so double check that if you know what you will be shooting.

I hear really good things about BNA triggers, that and the new Geissele are on my short list.

Why are you ruling out the Huber? I love all of mine. Never had an issue with them either.

Cg Jackson is one of the nicest, but I haven't played with the bix n Andy yet. The new ai comp trigger is identical to a cg Jackson, and made by xtreme for ai. The only thing different is xtreme added a over travel stop to the AI trigger.

I only have experience with the CG extreme and the Cadex DX2. Both are pretty damn good. I would love to try the Super 700 though....

I am looking at getting a Tubb for my TL3 but am wondering about fitment into chassis as I have read it can be hit and miss sometimes.

It can be a real bitch to get that trigger to work. I gave up on it. Both gunsmiths I was using at the time didn't have anything positive to say about that trigger.

Ve
Nobody knows which one is the "best". It's all personal opinion.
Very true, In a perfect world, I'd have access to them all and get to compare them all. I like using other peoples experience to help me narrow them down. It's all a crap shoot in the end.

Reactions: spoolnaround
Why are you ruling out the Huber? I love all of mine. Never had an issue with them either.
Mainly because when you depress the first stage and let go it doesn't reset. I'm not a fan of the mechanics of the trigger.

Reactions: msa1199
I’ve got two T7T triggers, they are excellent but not a one of them went in without some modifications. Also have a BNA Marksman, and benchrest, excellent trigger as well. No issues yet with the Marksman, rumor has it that it can collect dust though? Time will tell there. The benchrest is almost too light, but I like that it uses an anschutz style trigger hanger which meant I was able to take my old MEC trigger shoe off and put it on. CGE is a great trigger but ive never owned one just played with a few friends and side by side to the BNA or T7T I prefer the latter options, but that could be because of how I had them adjusted. Cadex is on my short list for next one to try, maybe a geissele after that.

Reactions: 260S and GhostFace
I’ve got two T7T triggers, they are excellent but not a one of them went in without some modifications. Also have a BNA Marksman, and benchrest, excellent trigger as well. No issues yet with the Marksman, rumor has it that it can collect dust though? Time will tell there. The benchrest is almost too light, but I like that it uses an anschutz style trigger hanger which meant I was able to take my old MEC trigger shoe off and put it on. CGE is a great trigger but ive never owned one just played with a few friends and side by side to the BNA or T7T I prefer the latter options, but that could be because of how I had them adjusted. Cadex is on my short list for next one to try, maybe a geissele after that.

What stock or chassis do you have the Tubb installed in?

Alaskashooter, you’ll like the Cadex, it’s a good crisp trigger with an adjustable reach on the trigger. They have come down on pricing too. I know I paid around $350 for mine and I have seen them for $285. Frank from Bartlein said this trigger is a close match for the AI....

Reactions: Alaskashooter
I've got a cadex 2 stage, I bought it because of Frank greens review. It is a good trigger, but not as good as a cg Jackson. I also think it's not a true 2 stage, but has a simulated 1st stage, but I may be wrong about that.

What stock or chassis do you have the Tubb installed in?
First one went on a trued rem700 ina Mcmillan a-5 with an M5 stealth bottom metal. Had to shave the back side of the bottom metal to get it to fit and then ground the trigger shoe a bit so that it didn’t touch the trigger guard fully pulled back. Second one went in a surgeon XL that one I had to file down the rear screw for the trigger hanger and remove a touch of material on the surgeon bottom metal. If memory serves.

The Bix tacsport is awesome.. get the pro if you like a really light trigger.

tried the huber, timney, BnA (the $250 one and the $499 one), AI AX in my AI, and the tubb on my 6CM mausingfield is one of the most amazing ones. Best news is i picked it up off ebay for $250 ...

tried the huber, timney, BnA (the $250 one and the $499 one), AI AX in my AI, and the tubb on my 6CM mausingfield is one of the most amazing ones. Best news is i picked it up off ebay for $250 ...

How hard was it to fit and what stock or chassis did you use?

Could anyone that has the Super 700 trigger tell me which Geissele AR trigger that it feels like?

I just got a XTSP Mod. 22 a couple weeks ago to put on my Nucleus. Properly adjusted, it is the best trigger I have ever felt. That's not saying much since I have limited experience in triggers, but it still feels very nice.

With that said, it does take some experimentation to set it up properly. The instructions are pretty clear and they get you close, but I ended up starting from scratch adjusting mine about five or six different times before I decided what I liked. I really don't mind it because I really feel like I understand why that's the position of the adjustments that makes it feel the best.

Even in my previous attempts when the second stage had a slight hitch in it, it was super predictable every time. Every pull was exactly the same.

In the spirit of full disclosure, this is all dry-fire experience so far.

Love the cadex. Been super reliable all PRS season. Not a single problem and I haven't cleaned it or anything. It seems to be the same trigger they use in their big guns as well, tremor 50, cdx40, kraken, etc