• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best angle slope indicator?

alpha6164

Minuteman
Oct 3, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Does anybody else make an ASLI besides Horus and NF? I have had the Horus and it was horrible. I know Badger makes a cosine indicator but i prefer an angle indicator instead. Are there any other options besides dropping $150 on the NF product?

Re: Best angle slope indicator?

What he said ^^^^^

Avoid the horus, there are better ones out there.

Question tho, why would you just want the angle version and not the cosine?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">he wants to carry a calculator?

just kidding on that....use the ACI not the ADI (my opinion) </div></div>

Yep, the ACI will save you some time and work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps he's running a ballistic program which takes inputs as angles rather than as a cosine.
</div></div>

Touche Sir.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps he's running a ballistic program which takes inputs as angles rather than as a cosine.
</div></div>

Touche Sir. </div></div>

This.

I use the KAC BulletFlight program on the iphone and it takes both cosine and degrees. There is no conversion needed. It is much easier for me to think in degrees vs. cosine. Also, i think this will help in registering different holds and corresponding angles for other rifles i have that may not have a ADI to get close at least if i ever needed it.

I to use the Snipertools. The others look like they would get broken easly. The Snipertools is also smaller and stays pretty much out of the way. I use the angle model with FFS but the FFS can use either cosign or angle.

I have and use the snipertools aci great unit.

If you dont want to add it to your rifle you have the option to use the Mildot master and or the slope doper.

We carry both products in our online store in the tools section.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps he's running a ballistic program which takes inputs as angles rather than as a cosine.
</div></div>

Good point Lindy I had not considered that. With two decimal accuracy how far are you willing to press angle shots?

I'd take an angled shot within the supersonic range of the load I was shooting.

There is nothing very exotic about angled shots, and generally speaking, in most situations where you're faced with an angled shot, the further the shot is, the smaller the angle is. Very steep angled shots are usually pretty short. That's just a function of topography.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd take an angled shot within the supersonic range of the load I was shooting.

There is nothing very exotic about angled shots, and generally speaking, in most situations where you're faced with an angled shot, the further the shot is, the smaller the angle is. Very steep angled shots are usually pretty short. That's just a function of topography.
</div></div>

Lindy,

As always your wisdom has its uses. Looking forward to a umcoming event where a ACI (or ADI) will be a part of the game. That or a slope doper. Tell me your thoughts on both systems. Again as always. Thank you

Cosine times dope for range through the air. For the gory details, see:

Angled Fire Explained

I just use a Mildot Master with a piece of string. I'm going to carry the MDM anyway, and I only need one. But - I'm cheap. It's your money.

I have an angle indicator on my match rifle. I haven't used it yet. Ever. I don't have a bubble level on my ELR rifle, either.

I never took the ACI off because it sure looks snipery and I need all the help in the looks department that I can get.
laugh.gif

Save your money. Buy ammo instead.
smile.gif

Back off, man, it means that I travel with the in-crowd!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Back off, man, it means that I travel with the in-crowd!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

only is you have a bubble level to check your bubble level........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cosine times dope for range through the air. For the gory details, see:

Angled Fire Explained

I just use a Mildot Master with a piece of string. I'm going to carry the MDM anyway, and I only need one. But - I'm cheap. It's your money.
</div></div>

As always....thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Back off, man, it means that I travel with the in-crowd!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

I have my new version of multicam bunny suit on order as I type.......do you? (we know Chiller does).

On topic-I run a Horus, and its OK, I like having the angle, cos, and level all in one, but the level has one line to split the bubble, not two to "capture" the bubble-kind of a pain if you are used to a regular level, but good enough for a quick glance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Back off, man, it means that I travel with the in-crowd!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

I have my new version of multicam bunny suit on order as I type.......do you? (we know Chiller does).

</div></div>

but does it cover your footie.....
smile.gif

</div></div>

The snipertools unit is available in cosine and angle.

I have the cosine unit on my PGWDTI Timberwolf.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You need multicam overalls..... </div></div>

they dont make them yet.

still happy with

ethzcl.jpg

though.

who.......what.....???